Dunkman
Two years ago

Sydney v Cairns

Now this game deserves a thread, not like Illawarra yesterday.

Kings will try and let all know who the bosses are after some average performances. Cook back, hopefully not on limited time should be a big boost. I'm like how Glover has breathing off the bench at both ends, Simon to make McCall an even bigger turnover count.

Cairns really need Pinder firing, hasn’t been his best lately, Hogg dropping threes at a high rate or they are gone. Scott will have his hands full with Walton junior. I just don’t see anywhere Cairns has an advantage.

Kings to win in what should be a good contest by 12.

Topic #50636 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

^^ glover has been.

Reply #905312 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Sydney by plenty.

Reply #905319 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Kuol has been exceptional guarding Walton Jr in our games so far. I expect this could go either way, but I'm guessing our road streak ends tonight.

Reply #905320 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Sorry Dunkman, I had to get in on the retroactive thread.

Cairns matches up well with Sydney. Cooks back, so it's a coin flip for mine. Yes the Taipans suck at home, relatively speaking, but I don't think the Kings would like going up there so much.

Reply #905321 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Heart is with underdogs, but head says they don't have horses to last 4 quarters. If it’s high volume shoot out should be entertaining but with Cook back in the ranks, picking Sydney by double digits

Reply #905323 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Hoping this is a semi decent game to watch.

Need to clean the stench of yesterday's games from my memory.

Reply #905331 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

By the way, SEM is my favourite for the season, and was back in the preseason, because of their ability to score in the halfcourt with Creek and Sauce.

Sydney is fantastic in transition, and about leads the league in pace. So SEM can take away Sydney's strength of Cooks, Simon and shooters in transition

Reply #905339 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

God first quarter, cairns not going away. Lucky chuck in on the last play. Right in it at present, Cooks two fouls.

Reply #905340 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two years ago

It feels like cooks will be the difference here

Reply #905342 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm not certain Cooks will be the difference, Pinder taking it to him, I’ve got stop underestimating Cairns, they have been great. Very good game , could go either way.

Reply #905345 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Tahjere has to be the most overrated defender (let alone player) in the league. So many breakdowns and unnecessary gambling.

Reply #905348 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

The NBL is easily the LOWEST IQ league in the world.
LOL up by 3 with 9 seconds left, foul? Nah, to prevent the 3?
Nah that would be too smart, instead lets watch them tie it.
It really is a pathetic low IQ league

Reply #905352 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Damn TBH I had given up on Cairns at end 3rd when Sydney bench started rocking it.. What a cone back props to Cairns. Let's see how strong Kings are without Cook

Reply #905353 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Turns out Cooks was the difference haha. About as clear-cut as you can get

Reply #905354 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very good game, Cooks fouled out on dumb play, bit home cooking helped. Sydney missing a second mobile big this season, Suarez not mobile enough. Hogg smashed them late.
Ot, hear we go.

Reply #905355 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

Why didnt Sydney foul?
No, that would require a bit of intelligence. None of that exists in this shit for brains league

Reply #905356 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

You can see why the A league and WBBL absolutely DESTROY this league in TV ratings.
Its not hard.
It is not entertainment.
It is the most dull sport in the world, foul and free throw contest

Reply #905359 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Jacket your coming across as a sore Loser any chance you a kings supporter or you just a troll

Reply #905360 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cracking game, Pinder getting the better of Cooks. Glover very good for Sydney. Kings might not be as invincible as I thought. Vasilavic so ordinary, Hogg massive to get them back in game. Pinder 20 free throws on his own, kings 21 in total, cairns 36. Kings to many turnovers , arrogance hurts them. Congratulations to Cairns.

Reply #905361 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

LOL up by 3 with 8 seconds left, what should we do?
Foul him to prevent a 3 pointer being attempted?
Nah, lets just watch his walk up the floor, no pressure and watch him hit an uncontested 3
Clown league.
LOL 2nd best league my a$$

Reply #905362 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Jacket, why don't you go and watch soccer full time. You seem like the type of goose that would love watching the grass grow.

Reply #905365 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I can remember last season when the NBL said Dejan Vasiljevic was a superstar, 12 ppg @ 36% this season and that's before including tonight's stats. Euroleague & NBA teams eat your heart out.

Reply #905366 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

Crackers65 - nah, i prefer to watch a game where a foul gets called every 30 seconds.

Reply #905367 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Much better game than Sundays travesty. If I need a late 3 in a game, I probably take Hogg over anyone, Cotton included

Reply #905369 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Jacket, for someone who hates the league so much, why do you constantly watch it and commentate. Most people, if they dislike the product, avoid it. Yet you are always watching for some reason.
I can understand not liking it, or the style, but can't understand your obsession with it. It's just not logical unless you are in need of attention. Else, turn over to something else that you might enjoy, life's too short to have all this hate.

Reply #905372 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Jacket is a Masochist that's why

Reply #905373 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

Whatever, we'll happily take that.

(Hope they can get the roof back on the Convention Centre before it rains too hard)

Reply #905376 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

It's like going to a restaurant on the weekend, telling everyone at work on Monday that the food was terrible, service was substandard and venue was horrible. Fair enough. But the following Monday they say they went to exactly the same restaurant and ordered the same meal and it was terrible again. And then repeat the process every weekend.
Just plain weird and looking for attention.

Reply #905377 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Really good game to watch. Glad to see the Snakes stick it out after it looked like they were going to get slaughtered in the fourth.

Reply #905378 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Cracking game, Pinder getting the better of Cooks."

Cooks was the dominant factor in the game. Had 25 points at 68% & 10 boards in 20 minutes! Kings were +12 with him on the court. Waardenburg's flop was probably the decisive moment.

Reply #905386 | Report this post

dddd  
Two years ago

Jacket doesn't watch the game, just looks at the stats so he can give us his $0.02 about how fouls are bad and threes are bad and the game was so much better in 1953 before the shot clock was invented.

Reply #905387 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

You get 5 fouls in a game, you have to use them wisely, the previous games Pinder was fouled out, Cooks made a few bad decisions. Pinder had 30 points and 13 rebounds, that won the game. Is he a better player than Cooks, no but he was last night.

Reply #905389 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Nah, Cooks was out of this world. Yes the fouls hurt, but he was every bit as influential as Pinder.

Reply #905390 | Report this post

BigD  
Two years ago

Jacket

Except that the A-League and WBBL do not smash the NBL in TV ratings.
WBBL and NBL are about on par with each other and the A-League is flopping in their viewership, their peak viewership is 86,000 this season - contrasting to over 300,000 on average for NBL and WBBL, inclusive of TV and streaming services for both comparisons.

Reply #905391 | Report this post

AlphabetA  
Two years ago

Well they should have fouled, at least that's what they would do in Europe.

Zodiac - yes Vasiljevic is in a bit of a struggle (at least 3 pointers) but that says something about the scout, the teams try really hard to run him off the 3 point line and the shots he took last night were very poor (probably 1 or 2 worth taking). The problem is with Wolton who doesn't really play for DJ at all and if you watch closely it is either Cooks or Bruce who run a play for him or it is left to his own demises. Even XRM was questioning the way Sydney played as DJ didn't see much of the ball in the last 7-8 minutes of the game. And player's worth is not only in the points scored - if DJ played so poorly he would not spend so much time on the court. IMO Sydney would have won if Wolton spent last 3 minutes on the bench, I'm not really sold on him, his body language is so wrong - he pulled Koul's shorts just to complain that he got hit in the face. Anyway we don't have to hear about road dawgs any more :)

Reply #905392 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I'm not saying he wasn’t influential, he didn’t stay on the court long enough. Pinder was in foul trouble and backed off a few times to remain on the court, Cooks tried for the highlight block and got fouled out, not very smart play. Pinder stayed on to become the most influential player on the court, which won the game.

Reply #905393 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Yeah, Sammy W flopped, but if Cooks went straight up on that Pinder drive there's probably only a 75% instead of 100% chance the refs blew the whistle with how the game was being officiated. Better option would have been to give up the 2 points and get out of the way. It happens. Hard to fight instinct when you play like Cooks.

Reply #905409 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Brilliant game, wouldn't mind seeing these teams playing off in a GF!

Plenty of ebbs and flows, a few times in the first half I thought cairns just needed an extra shot to drop to put a bit of a gap in the kings but couldn’t get it, kings rallied, built a lead and it all fell apart when Cooks fouled out.

Really like the big kiwi in Cairns and I’m gonna say Kuol has NBA potential, long arms, can guard multiple positions and often locks up the opponent’s point guard (guarded Walton) or most influential perimeter player and can knock down the 3.

Reply #905410 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Dunkman, your comment was "Pinder got the better of Cooks". We'll have to agree to disagree. Cairns and Pinder simply had no answer for him, he completely dominated them.

Reply #905415 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

He dominated so much he fouled out. Low IQ guy

Reply #905416 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

If that's the measure for basketball IQ, it's only the second time he's fouled out in 69 NBL games, so he's bordering on a genius!

Reply #905418 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

When you're dominating the game like he was and in only 20 mins, yeah its a low IQ play.

Reply #905419 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I think we all agree Cooks can play, while his performance on Monday night was very good, as Seb said it was low iq that got him. Pinder who was also in foul trouble played smart and won the game while Cooks looked on.

Anyway as you said, we can agree to disagree.

Reply #905420 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Yep, no dramas with doing that. Was a brilliant game, a brilliant battle and I hope they get to do it again in the playoffs.

Reply #905440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754