Camel 31
Last year

36ers v Kings 3/2

Top team plays eighth, but, I think it will be close.
Last game Clark got better as the game went along.
Dech got worse. McCarron never got going.
Mostly play the 3 Imports. Gotta chance.
Sold out, I believe.

Topic #50863 | Report this topic

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Sixers to win as no pressure and Sydney will wrap everyone up in cotton wool having secured top spot. Meaningless game.

Reply #910908 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Maybe an audition for CJ too? I don't think soft wins should make up for a poor season, but maybe can mix things up a bit to gain some trust.

Reply #910914 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last year

If tonight is an audition for CJ, what where the last 26 games? Just a rehearsal?

Reply #910923 | Report this post

Daly  
Last year

Kings likely to rest players tonight?

Reply #910925 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Last year

love how they misspelled Josh Giddey's surname in the triple double graphic.

Reply #910928 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Last year

We're soooo good when it doesn’t matter

Reply #910930 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Hah, I was wondering if anyone else say that. "Giddy" - fucken hell.

Surprised so little commentary about this game, perhaps half of this forum were at the game. Anyway looked like a game the Kings didn't care if they won or not. Half glad the Sixers won, their fans exit the season with a glimmer of hope and a semi-decent taste in their mouths.

Reply #910932 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Hendo8888, yeah, wasn't the right terminology maybe, but hope I still kind of made sense haha

Reply #910933 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Was at the game, glad we won but I think like many the care factor is long gone. Sydney definitely there for a solid run but resting their guys for when it counts.

Reply #910942 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I'm glad they had an entertaining win for a big crowd, as it’s important to try to capture retention amongst the casual fan.

I’m not really all that happy with 36ers scraping a win against a team that didn’t have Cooks and became depleted by the end.

Giving up over 100pts showed just how bad the D was and Adelaide’s ultra slim hope was on the very basis of percentage so they needed to actually put defensive effort in.

That’s what disappointed tbh.

Also the refs, they were not good. Some just straight up bad wrong calls. Also doesn’t help with commentators go something like "no chance that’ll be overturned" and then it gets overturned. It means what they are doing either isn’t clear, consistent or within the conventional norms we are used to with bball.

Good to see LK at the game, and hoping like he’ll Cleveland is convinced to stay next year.

Reply #910947 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

The big success of this season for Adelaide has been how they've captured the crowds and produced a lot of really exciting games to keep them coming back.

Reply #910980 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Watched the game on replay, Sydney played their bench plus Soares for the last 5 minutes. I can see United grabbing sixth spot. Cooks said he's definitely playing Sunday.

Reply #910988 | Report this post

JB  
Last year

Kings will have a bye at the start of the Finals, so probably in their interest to keep playing their starters on Sunday and keep their momentum, rather than cruise along.

Reply #910990 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Good. Keeps those Wildcats honest.

Reply #910993 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Last year

Cleveland is cool, but, was not happy when subbed out. Unusual for him.
The crowd groaned when McCarron missed a lay up.

Reply #911028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754