In Da House
Last year

36ers Out of Contract Players - How will they look next yr?

The 2022/23 Performance was not be best for Adelaide 36ers: 8th (13 wins, 15 losses). We have some out of contracted players - who stays - who goes - and who do they target?

Off-contract players: Daniel Johnson, Kai Sotto (team option), Deng Acuoth, Hyrum Harris, Ian Clark and Nick Marshall?

Are there any players in the local NBL1 league to consider?

NBL FREE AGENT TRACKER: https://aussiehoopla.com/nbl-free-agent-tracker/

Topic #50945 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

Marshall's under contract for next season and coming onto the roster too.

Franks technically has an option for next season but isn't expected to be back and neither is Sotto.

Reply #912857 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

DJ, Harris and Marshall will all probably be back. I doubt Ian Clark and Acuoth will be retained

Reply #912858 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Will Adelaide attempt to re-sign DJ, even at a 'friendly' price? Their interior defensive woes will never evaporate whilst he's playing at least half a game. Good offensive player still, but defense is turrible.

Reply #912861 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I've said it enough times but we really need to cut the cord with DJ. Things started moving in the right direction, finally, mid-season when we stopped starting him but he certainly still has value as the 'face' of the team to help sell tickets.

I would prefer we finally break free of DJ holding the club hostage with his demands but it's a bit of a symbiotic relationship for the club marketing wise so could understand if we do offer him another contract. But under no circumstances should he be a starter again.

Reply #912863 | Report this post

In Da House  
Last year

DJ has nothing more to prove, he has served the club well. With a young family and settled in Adelaide - I doubt he will look at interstate or overseas options. If the 36ers can keep him on the cheap ($100k) then I think he would bring great depth to the bench and mentor the young guys. Let's see how he goes in the NBL1 season this year, and assess his worth!.

Reply #912872 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Sotto is gone - not just an off-season stint.

Drmic is out of contract. Whilst he does love Adelaide and there's expected to be negotiations, it wouldn’t surprise if some NBL clubs had a conversation and put some $$$ on the table.

Would it surprise if he returned to Adelaide? Nope. Is it possible a club offers cash that is beyond the 36ers in the sense they’d decide it’s a bit over what they’re willing to part with to keep him/would prefer to spend that money somewhere else? That also wouldn’t surprise.

DJ I think we all sense he won’t return to Adelaide. Liam Santamaria was asked the Q in a Y/N segment of "will DJ be in Adelaide next year" or something to that effect, Liam said No. I feel like the sense is right around the league.

Franks is a weird one - nobody has really said anything to suggest he won’t be back. At the same time, I don’t feel like he will be back.

Reply #912874 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

DJ would be the last person to mentor anyone with his demeanor, body language and reluctance to accept his benching demotion.

Reply #912879 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

DJ would be the last person to mentor anyone with his demeanor, body language and reluctance to accept his benching demotion.

Reply #912880 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Adelaide haven't won anything with DJ no matter what pieces they have put around him, I would let him go unless he's happy with reduced minutes and cheap.

Hyrum Harris is worth keeping imo. Plays hard both ends and won't be on huge money and hasn't reached his potential yet.

Reply #912892 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

Yea, Definitely move on from DJ imo, and my first priority would be to sign a Stud Import PG Jaylen Adams/Derrick Walton type instead of Ian Clark

Probably dont need to make massive changes from there,

I would be ok if Franks didnt want to return also, and would replace him with Marcus Lee/Derrick Pardon type

Bring in Marshall to the main roster for Accouth

Most of the rest would be oks to keep.

Reply #912896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754