+
Last year

NBL 1 Central and Easter tournament

Don't know if it possible but Norwood should offer some free tickets for distant visitors and somehow combine their NBL 1 game with the junior tourney. Or even offer NBL 1 tickets for all games the Thursday night - just cap them a t 50-100 free tickets to each game and the games and the tourney could complement each other - find out where the other teams are dtaing i.e. Bulleen staying at Pt Adelaide give them West or Woodville tickets etc. maybe Norwood get the Good Friday game and flow it on from junior games. Even some smart scheduling see the two events complement each other and support basketball. BBQ, face painting etc

Topic #51029 | Report this topic

Esky68  
Last year

I think we all know bsa will do anything opposite to a good idea

Reply #915539 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

How is it a good idea? If they're coming from interstate, giving them a free ticket isn't going to entice them to come to future games, so what's the upside?

Reply #915540 | Report this post

Reggie  
Last year

Large number of interstate families at the Lights Friday night. Added to atmosphere and helped the bar and cafe tick over.

Reply #915542 | Report this post

Turnover  
Last year

its a tough one... given most teams are from interstate, are they going to go a watch 2 local teams play? there never seems to be any SA teams playing.

Reply #915550 | Report this post

+  
Last year

Norwood could schedule their NBL 1 game Good Friday - like the West / South game. Use ARC and have last junior game finish 5.30 - then have BBQ, face painting, some other activities, DJ, shoot arounds etc

All earlier game teams get tickets and local Norwood juniors support.

If some complimentary tickets were offered to visiting teams - yes they might go and watch a game if it was nearby to their accommodation. I would just to have a look - it could only be an hour or two.

Reply #915572 | Report this post

GF22  
Last year

I think you will find that ticket sales at NBL1 games are done by the clubs - their ticketing and 100% of the revenue to the clubs.
A number of the clubs are having sold-out home games (West and South I know of but could be others as well) so not sure what value to give away tickets to interstaters.
The real opportunity for the clubs is to get their junior players and parents to the games - some clubs do this well, others not so much!

Reply #915576 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754