GordonG
Last year

NS Bobi Klintman Joins Taipans

"The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans have secured another future NBA talent in their line-up, with BOBI KLINTMAN joining the team in addition to the 11-man roster.

The young Swedish sensation has been described as "everything NBA teams are looking for in a future-facing prospect" but will suit up in orange as a 'Next Star' before entering the 2024 NBA Draft."

Team looking interesting for #NBL24...

Topic #51154 | Report this topic

curtley  
Last year

Great Signing.

I know this has been said 100 times but he's played a year of college already. This Next Stars eligibility seems to be getting sillier and sillier.

Reply #918563 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last year

Next Stars are for players who are draft & stash ... or players going to be high draft picks for the following season regardless of college experience

Remember Justinian Jessup played 4 years of college @ Boise State

Reply #918565 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last year

But with that signing I believe that's Hogg replacement now they go find a high level import guard with the rest of the budget

Only two imports most likely

Reply #918567 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

It's a very mobile and good shooting front court, that’s for sure. Will he play as a 4 or 5? I understand Mennenga signed with Cairns over NZ because he wanted a starting spot.

Reply #918568 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

https://youtu.be/sHtO2mpCqHc

Listening to the press conference looking like
Armstrong/Import combo guard
McCall/Antonio
Kuol/Mayen
Mennenga/Klintman
Waardenburg/Import big/Gak

Plus one more local.

Need Mennenga or Klintman to fire.

Reply #918572 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

I don't see armstrong, mennenga starting, nor klintman. Forde calls klintman a wing 3, he ain’t starting over Kuol and I don’t think they’ll drop Waardenburg to the bench. I think Forde is playing games.

Import pg
6’4 Mcall
6’7 Kuol
Import pf - maybe another local
6’10 Waardenburg
+
6’5 Armstrong - still big minutes
6’5 Antonio
6’10 Klintman - still big minutes
6’9 Mennenga
6’11 Gak
+
6’9 Mayen

Likely a young local sg contract or dp

Reply #918574 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Cadeau, His countrymen would also make a great ns.

Reply #918575 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Signed to NC last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3uuAzczEZQ

Reply #918576 | Report this post

Bored  
Last year

NBL Fan - i'm pretty sure next star contracts are paid for by the NBL and not part of the cap so Cairns budget should be unaffected?

Reply #918577 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Last year

This Taipans team is going to be super fun. And to get a Next Star of this type of player without having to pay him.. great work.

I suspect that Klintman, Mennenga and Taran will all start based on guarantees, but the closing five will be the three imports, Kuol and Waardenburg.

Reply #918578 | Report this post

Aussie  
Last year

I don't see armstrong, mennenga starting, nor klintman. Forde calls klintman a wing 3, he ain't starting over Kuol and I don’t think they’ll drop Waardenburg to the bench. I think Forde is playing games

I think Armstrong will start. Remember Olgun saying that Shannon Scott wanted to return but Forde said he would be coming off the bench. That's why Scott signed with Brisbane

Reply #918581 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Forde clearly said he wants an import 1 which is already signed and to search for a pf in summer league.

An import 1 to backup Armstrong, must be budget guy if so. Nbl1 import signing?

Reply #918582 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Kuol off the bench, lol.

Reply #918584 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

deshon taylor is my guess as backup pg

Reply #918585 | Report this post

Longshot  
Last year

Kuol at the 2 and McCall off the bench. Happened for a good chunk last season and worked well.

The team outside of the PGs and Mennenga are all position-less so stop assuming Kuol is a 3....

Reply #918587 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last year

@Saint23

It's not Deshon Taylor, he’s receiving Pro A France, Spain first division offers ... pretty sure he won’t turn down that type of money to take another back up role in the NBL

Reply #918654 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754