Reply #927937 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

yeah possibly

Hawks play fast have offensive power and back emselves will be fun to watch

Reply #927940 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Last year

As a Hawks supporter I'm hoping for a win but I don't like our chances against a well coached JackJumpers team and especially without Peatling and possible without sharpshooting Lee(illness).

Reply #927944 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

No Lee or Pealting. Would love to see the Hawks win more but Tassie at home too good.

Reply #927945 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Last year

I like the Hawks to cause an upset, the style of game will definitely be advantageous for them (Similar to Perth v Tas). Tas also coming of a couple of big wins and may not come mentally prepared.
Hawks by 8 my prediction

Reply #927961 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Who is est to follow on twitter for NBL re late team changes and injuries ect?
Each club or is there a person you suggest to follow?

Reply #927964 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Meanwhile, JJs are looking good.

I had to laugh when Robinson from Hawks threw his pass out instead of to his free teammate under the basket, and then complained to his coach. Thankfully, Jackomas gave him no sympathy.

Reply #927991 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

The horrible hawks

Reply #927992 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Lets have a look
One team is shooting 9-22 from 3
The other team is 2-13
I wonder which team is winning.
Thats all basketball has become.
Nothing else matters.
Rebounding, passing etc nothing matters.
Make your 3s win the game.

Reply #927993 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

It's good to see you got a grasp of the modern game Jacket.

Reply #927994 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Yeah, i am glad you know more than Greg Popovich,

"These days there's such an emphasis on the three because it’s proven to be analytically correct," Popovich Monday offered with what appeared to be a sneer. “Now you look at a stat sheet after a game and the first thing you look at is the threes. If you made threes and the other team didn’t, you win. You don’t even look at the rebounds or the turnovers or how much transition D was involved. You don’t even care. That’s how much an impact the three-point shot has and it’s evidenced by how everybody plays.”

Reply #927995 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

So when Perth at one point were 0/18 from three against Adelaide yet up by 16, they were winning because of their three point shooting were they?

Reply #927996 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Love the way JJs play, they are fun to watch.

Just a thought, hawks guards Harvey and Robinson made SEM guards look horrible and scored easily. What's going to happen against JJs.

Reply #927997 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Doyle hasn't got out of 2nd gear and is torching them

Reply #927998 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Who put the hawks team together, they are woeful, they're down in bottom three, Sixers are better and probably not near the spend.

Reply #928002 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

So when Perth at one point were 0/18 from three against Adelaide yet up by 16, they were winning because of their three point shooting were they?

Funny how Jacket was nowhere to be seen that night

Reply #928004 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

You can have as many offensive players as you like but if you don't play DEFENCE you win jack. Hawks are a basket case.

Reply #928006 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Who is est to follow on twitter for NBL re late team changes and injuries ect?
Each club or is there a person you suggest to follow?

Sadly no one.

Reply #928010 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Harvey needs a much shorter leash.

Reply #928014 | Report this post

101 annon  
Last year

Harvey is a liability, Jacob can't be a head coach & when Froling & Grida leave there will be no heart , as for Johnson the next star, there is better 18/19 year olds playing in Australia

Reply #928015 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Yeah for me Tyler Harvey needs to get benched next game. Give him a reality check. Because right now is killing them. Couldn't guard a traffic cone and chucks up junk whenever he catches the ball.

Reply #928028 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Loved Gary Clark's visible passion in the press conference. You can tell he's a proven winner.

Reply #928029 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Right out of the gate: "Not only do Tasmania play at a low pace, 73 possessions per game, but they hold their opponents to an even lower pace, 71 possessions per game."

Guess it's too much to ask that people actually understand the numbers they're using. That's not how pace works.

Reply #928030 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Minimal turnovers, ball movement in offence, tough defence ie fight for every board and get in front of the ball.

Crawford has bought in on D, Drmic plays D, JJs play together - pleased they are representing Tassie.

Reply #928034 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

Shouldn't the Hawks have made a coaching change after last seasons debacle?

Adelaide, Hawks & possibly SEM (jury out still) are easy beats in otherwise a strong & even league.

Roth at JJ's is proof the headcoach is key.

I love watching every game & sometimes don't look at live scores to watch after work without knowing the result.

If it's Adel or Gong i don't even bother....

What does that tell u ??

Reply #928044 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

It's tough to pin too much blame on the coach for last year with all the injuries (similar to SEM this year so far), but this Hawks team has too much talent to look this bad - on BOTH ends of the court, too.

Harvey is playing like a low-quality Next Star jacking up atrocious early-shot clock contested 3s, and that was the one major factor that just buried the Hawks as soon as the JJs started to get going in the 2nd Q.

King and Clark I think are both really good players and it will take a little time to click, but if last night is representative of the type of effort team captain Harvey is going to put in this season than this team is dead in the water. I'd be playing Bayles and Hickey over him next game.

JJs were a well oiled-machine and I think even with the Hawks playing 50% better they lose this game, but all it took was just token dribble penetration followed by a kick out and the JJs were guaranteed an open look. One possession on 3 consecutive passes 2 guys passed up a good look to find a great look for another player who sunk the 3 - it was beautiful to watch, even with the Hawks playing like a div 5 socials team.

Reply #928050 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Shouldn't the Hawks have made a coaching change after last seasons debacle?

The Hawks gave him a contract extension during the off-season.

Reply #928053 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I think Kelly has been a little unlucky, has had injuries and sickness through the team, I see Cairns has had a few sick as well, after playing SEM, I also think his star scorers play very average defence, it's a left over from previous culture. I hope SEM don’t just think it’s the coach and let him adjust the culture.

Hawks, I’m not convinced, yes Jackomanas was a good assistant to goorg but he looks totally lost at times. Again like Sixers it’s just an unbalanced side. Yes the players loved him last season but that’s not always a good indicator, you have to get on but not mates act. I’d think the hawks would have an out in his contract.

CJ, absolute great player, just always took the right options, great players sometimes struggle as coaches as they don’t understand what goes through average players minds, even good athletes, high scorers are not always that smart. I see a lot of improvement in Sixers, hopefully they can get the right import as to achieve a few wins.

Don’t see any of above sides making play inns.

Reply #928064 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"I think Kelly has been a little unlucky, has had injuries and sickness through the team, I see Cairns has had a few sick as well, after playing SEM, I also think his star scorers play very average defence, it's a left over from previous culture. I hope SEM don't just think it’s the coach and let him adjust the culture."

He has - even at Cairns I felt the same. I hope he's given as long as Mitchell was to develop a program with his own guys.

Reply #928066 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754