Dunkman
Last year

United v Sixers.

This is only going one way, if united put the foot down it could be a good old fashion belting. United by heaps and keep charging.

Topic #51659 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Last year

GK's puppet vs. Vickerman.

This could get very nasty.

Reply #932550 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Adelaide's owner discovering the wonders of sports science:

Cairns outscored Adelaide by 14 points in the final quarter to emerge from the game as 15-point victors, and Ninnis says he'll make further adjustments to the rotation to ensure his side can keep up the pace against Melbourne.

"I obviously shortened the rotation last week and there are some guys that didn’t play that have been amazing players for us in the past," Ninnis said.

“I will still shorten the rotation but we might get some extra minutes into a few other guys.

“I thought we ran out of steam a little bit in that last game and guys like DJ and Trey Kell played major minutes, so perhaps reducing some of their minutes a little bit to ensure we’re able to keep up the intensity and make sure we’re rolling all the time.”

Reply #932551 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Will Ninnis have to get sign off from up top to share the minutes around?

Reply #932557 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good game this, Sixers looking much better, DJV doing good, Marshall offensively good, got improve his D. Humphries and Wiley equaling JLA and Hukporti. Goulding just dropping threes like open lay ups. United by 5 at 1/4.

Reply #932575 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers playing better, united just got so many options. Mccaron getting time, not certain why, better getting more time into Marshal and Flowers. Obviously Galloway won't be there next season so they are not playing him but Starling gets time.

Humphries is a boomer, him and Magnay and Landale are our best fives.

Reply #932578 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last year

Usual issue of the opposition shooting lights out from 3 and the Sixers not hitting anything

Reply #932579 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Melbourne are a machine, no one beats them if they stay healthy.

Reply #932581 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Didn't they say they would give Galloway more minutes?

Spudee is just taking money.

Reply #932582 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

DJV is not fit

Reply #932583 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

United are impressive, but I feel that Sixers could have won this given the bunnies and foul shots they missed.

Reply #932584 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

A good all round game, Sixers actually have some nice pieces starting with Humphries. Get a top quality point guard and a few more defensive pieces and they should be ok next season. Ninnis looking ok.
United got so many options at both ends, Deladova looking fantastic, certainly putting his hand up for boomers.

Reply #932586 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

United too good when things got real, but it was a better game than I was expecting.

Reply #932587 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last year

Has there ever been a more balanced scoring starting 5 performance? 13, 14, 15, 15 and 16?
And I wonder what pics Starling has of Scotty at end of season Panthers piss up, no other explanation as to why he's getting minutes when apparently it's all about getting minutes into young guys.

Reply #932588 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last year

@LoveBroker

They said young players, but only mentioned Marshall and Flowers in that group. Some reports being Galloway is gone next year, so they may be benching him because of that.

Reply #932589 | Report this post

Rat10  
Last year

Nice comeback at the back end of the third and in the 4th qtr which was heartening.

I 100% agree with Casey when he said Wiley has been Adelaide's best player this season. You can always rely on his energy which is a credit to him given he could have easily become disheartened given the shambles that is the 36'ers organisation. He runs the floor so well (take note Trey Kell), is a fantastic rebounder and he surprised with some 3 pt makes tonight.

DJV was great tonight too, taking it to the rack early and then making some ultra impressive shots in the 4th. When you take both Humphries and DJV off at the same time it becomes very hard for the 36'ers to score enough points.

Marshall was a lot better tonight too than last game. Flowers was not. You have to DESERVE mintues not just be handed them. He doesn't do enough on the offensive end and is a straight out liability on defence.

I also cannot understand why Cadee gets no minutes. I understand that Ninnis wants to give some other guys opportunities but please tell me what Mitch Mccarron does better than Cadee on the court?

Reply #932590 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

"please tell me what Mitch Mccarron does better than Cadee on the court?" Turn the ball over?

Reply #932591 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Yeah not sure about Flowers as starter

We are just seeing the true limitations of this roster

Reply #932593 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

"A good all round game, Sixers actually have some nice pieces starting with Humphries. Get a top quality point guard and a few more defensive pieces and they should be ok next season."

Sixers supporters say this every season Dunkman, but it never happens!

Like a lot of games this season, the team played quite well, but couldn't get it done down the stretch. Combination of not enough depth (as soon as Humphries or DJV sit, we get smashed) and five years of chaos on the coaching front meaning players don't have a well-rehearsed playbook to lean on in crunch time.

Humphries and DJV both top tier Aussies who this team can build around. Add three imports who complement them and the Sixers can compete again. That means an actual good point guard (anyone remember how Humphries feasted when he had Giddey feeding him?) a two way wing (eg Cleveland) and an athletic 4 who can hold down the middle when Humphries sits (eg Marcus Lee)

Imagine if ownership got a clue, hired a competent GM, stopped interfering with the team and actually gave us three imports worthy of the name?!?!

Reply #932600 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

Not playing Cadee is strange. Instant offence when feeling it!

Reply #932601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754