Earlier this year

U20s & Ivor Burge Champs

U20s and Ivor Burge Champs kicks off in a few weeks
Any predictions?

Should be a good competition this year

Topic #51725 | Report this topic

retired  
Earlier this year

NSW Women will probably be favorites as they only have 1 team playing whereas the Vics and others have 2.Garlepp will only want 1 team otherwise he will not be the man he thinks he is although knowing him if they played 2 teams he would stack 1 team which he would coach and other team would be weaker.

Reply #934263 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Earlier this year

Spot the parent who's kid Tommy cut and would be in the 2nd team if nsw had one....

Reply #934267 | Report this post

Bluey  
Earlier this year

Retired, the states who take 2 teams to U20's all stack one team. It's the '1st team' and then the 2's, it's still Nationals, they're hoping their #1 team can win the whole thing.

Reply #934284 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Earlier this year

Yeah that's an odd take from retired. It's also not Garlepp's call whether NSW take one or two teams.

Reply #934286 | Report this post

Red84  
Earlier this year

For the women, any informed opinion from my SA brethren as to likely line ups for SA Red and SA Blue? I presume SA Red is the stacked team (right?).

Reply #934317 | Report this post

Sub Me In  
Earlier this year

Going on previous years state teams would something like,

SA RED
Formby
Gardner
Grieger
Hinton
Padroth
Parkin
Ramsey
Portus
Roach
Walker Roberts

SA BLUE
Akot
Constantopoulos
Gray
Hardin
Marshall
Richmond
Salandra
Stanfield
Thompson
Tredrea

Reply #934320 | Report this post

Hoopin’ in the burbs  
Earlier this year

Many teams in the u20 women's side coached by women this year? I know a few teams had all female staff in recent years. hoping that wasn’t fleeting?

Reply #934461 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

Hard to believe it's 2024 & we’re still unlikely to see a female coach on a boys State team staff.
Who are the players to watch out for? I assume naming players is okay at U20’s level

Reply #934465 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Earlier this year

How many applied?
How many have the relevant experience?

There might not have been any that applied that met the criteria? Does the state body then ignore the candidates that applied that meet the criteria and go and find a female for the sake of it?

Reply #934469 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

You've just made all of that up in your own head Billy Bob, lol

Reply #934470 | Report this post

Red84  
Earlier this year

Just my observation - which may not be correct - it strikes me that unlike the men's competition where you can a moderately successful player - with high IQ and interest - can become an elite level coach. With the women it seems that they have to have a storied career as a player "to have permission"(?) to coach at an elite level.

Reply #934476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:19 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754