Yup
Earlier this year

36ers express interest in Goorjian

Surprised this hasn't been posted already...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2L7uI1yoDa/?igsh=MWd1OWIyYjE5NzVuMg==

They will probably end up bringing Connor Henry back…

Topic #51733 | Report this topic

Statman84  
Earlier this year

Conner Henry? Nah, that guy over dribbles!

Reply #934407 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Earlier this year

Sounds great, but Sixers can't afford him. Both in the money he costs and the money he spends.

Reply #934411 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this year

And I want a date with Milla Jovovich, but if wishes were fishes and all that.

They're at least smart enough to have interest in him, but with Sydney's season rapidly falling apart and Illawarra still without a coach for next year I imagine both those teams would be more appealing to Goorj than the 36ers.

Reply #934412 | Report this post

Your boy blue  
Earlier this year

They can afford him. This year they have blown money on paying out CJ, paying out Franklin who barely got past the Blitz, paid out Randall last year. These mistakes wouldn't happen under Goorj.

Reply #934437 | Report this post

An1234  
Earlier this year

Surely if we get Goorj then we in a good chance to keep Humphries. The Boomers connection would be ideal.
Pick up Bul Kuol, and Humphries with 3 imports. Wiley back. Milton Doyle type guard, thats a good starting five.

Reply #934443 | Report this post

JT  
Earlier this year

Goorj's stock will be super low after we get bundled out of the group stage at the Olympics, he might be lucky enough to secure the role as the guy who hands the clipboard to Ninnis at timeouts

Reply #934445 | Report this post

Footloose  
Earlier this year

JT could be on the money here (as brutal as it is), I'm giggling at the visual of Goorj handing the board to Ninnis at timeouts

Reply #934447 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

Goorj finishes up at the Boomers after Paris

Reply #934450 | Report this post

Mathew  
Earlier this year

This would be a good signing for the club, I do have issues with what happens after he exits. The club is in a strong position with its fans and sponsors within the state, grant Kelly does cry poor but any business owner will never tell you how great they're going in fear of being taken advantage off. Scott ninnis must be offered a position as a assistant because he has righted the ship this season and ever since he has taken over I am enjoying the style of play and despite our position on the ladder I am enjoying his style.

Adelaide has two strong building blocks at the moment in humphries and DVJ and resigning them should be the first thing they do, Wiley isn’t going to be a nbl all star but what he brings to a locker room you can’t put a price on. Marshall has regressed but I believe CJ didn’t help that, dech has to go and so does mccarron as I don’t believe they bring anything to the future of the franchise.

Controversially I would call Aaron Baynes and see if he is interested in a one year deal to be a backup to humphries and to also help him be a more consistent player going forward. Number one target should be Patty mills with what I like to call a "Andrew bogut deal" a 2 year deal on good money with a option to have part ownership, this would take some of the weight off of GK shoulders and with Patty as a part owner, if GK does decide to sell his share it’s more valuable.

Reply #934451 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this year

They talked about Mills coming to the NBL a few weeks ago.

""I would put it at extremely unlikely. Every time I ask anyone around Patty Mills, it is a pretty straight, flat-out no," Uluc said on The Marketplace."

Reply #934452 | Report this post

Observer  
Earlier this year

Goorijan .....no chances Sydney kings is his last before retire
Ninnis …a whisper he's going to be there 24/25
Watch that space

Reply #934455 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Earlier this year

Boy Goorjian as coach? Hell no, that be like inviting Darth Vader to a dinner party for die hard Adelaide fans.

Bring back Scottie and Kuwie and invitr Rupert to join the mix.

Reply #934456 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

What makes anyone think goorg would not want to finish in Melbourne, United are set so SEM it is then.

Reply #934457 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Earlier this year

Patty said at a public event in Rundle Mall perhaps 18 months ago that he wouldn't play for the Sixers if he returned to the NBL. It broke the hearts of the crowd.

Reply #934458 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Earlier this year

Not going to happen , more NBL headline hype.

Reply #934463 | Report this post

LaPark  
Earlier this year

DJV signed with an agency now it looks like. Interestingly enough, it's an Adelaide based one too (Mogul Sports Group).

Reply #934466 | Report this post

Scout  
Earlier this year

Would be surprised if 36ers didn't express interest in Goorjian

Reply #934491 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

I think Asia would be the favs by far.

Then Kings with Hawks a dark horse - only reason they have not to re-sign Tatum.

36ers at longest odds IMO.

Reply #934495 | Report this post

Scout  
Earlier this year

Ninnis going ok with Adelaide, strong mail that Goorj is headed to South East Melbourne.

Pretty much a done deal.

Reply #934651 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

If that's the case Scout, it’s a nice homecoming for him.

Smyth should be back with the 36ers and they can go at it like the late 90s!

Very rough on MK though, didn’t really get much of a chance to coach a healthy side.

If they kept him for next year, with fingers crossed for reasonable health and time in the offseason to score the kind of import they almost got multiple times before finally having to bring back Browne, I think they’d be right up there and MK would look like a long term proposition as coach for SEM.

But Goorj is Goorj, you don’t miss up that opportunity, I guess.

Reply #934653 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

It would be totally unfair on Kelly, Kelly is under contract, perhaps they could work together.

Reply #934661 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Earlier this year

KET what has Smyth done since the 90's to warrant coaching again?

Reply #934667 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

SixersFan, obviously not serious mate!

Reply #934684 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Earlier this year

Sorry my bad

Reply #934689 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

So 36ers have Cairns at home, Sydney at home, Tassie away, Brissy away, NZ at home to finish the season.

I know W/L isn't everything, but I wonder how much pressure Ninnis can put on management to compete for the HC role.

If 36ers win 3 of those last 5 and end up 12-16, do we see Ninnis as not quite having done enough since Adelaide are so keen to look elsewhere?

If 36ers win 4 and go 13-15, would it be rough for Ninnis to not be fav for the job?

If 36ers win 5 and go 14-14, surely Ninnis gets the job?

Correct me if I’m wrong - Ninnis has coached 10 games, Won 5 lost 5. Last 5 games the 36ers have gone 4-1.

If Ninnis goes 10-5 with a 9-1 L10 games finish or 9-6 with a 8-2 L10 games finish, those are justifiable numbers to mount a serious argument for the HC role right?

Reply #934715 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Earlier this year

If Ninnis gets the team into the play ins then he deserves his shot and one of the front runners.

However, if we are wooing Goorg is anyone anything but a backup choice?

I am not convinced Ninnis is a championship coach if a championship is the goal for next year.

Next off season we will need to try to retain DJV and Humphries. Humphries' good health and form may see his price increase again. So GK will need to spend the money again for a strong tilt if those are to come back and Goorj is to be signed.

Reply #934725 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Earlier this year

I expect Ice is already saying "show me the money" based on the fact he's stayed on the floor for every game this season and produced good numbers.

Reply #934730 | Report this post

';'  
Earlier this year

Ninnis will be signed very soon

Reply #934895 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754