Dunkman
Two months ago

Hawks @ breakers 7.30 aedt

Loser will be behind the eight ball, should be great contest, nz at home should get this, PJC doesn't get enough praise imo. Gun.

Topic #51793 | Report this topic

EssenX  
Two months ago

Breakers want this and should take it. Deserves to be a good game, but Hawks will have to be at their best because the Breakers are going to be very hungry having so much to play for.

PJC is a given, more interesting is can WMW continue to improve and how much Delaney brings to the table.

Reply #935787 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Apart from being CNY, is there a particular reason the Breakers are wearing CNY strips?

Seems weird, but not as silly as the Hawkies still trotting out the DC jerseys.

Reply #935790 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

The jersey looks good, it's lunar new year as well.

Reply #935791 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Cracking game, hawks in front by one at the half. Rubstavicious is fantastic, Tatum has turned this hawks side around magnificently. Great time out, unless there is a defensive break down we move the ball around till the last 10 in the shot clock.

Reply #935794 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Horrible call on Mathiang

Reply #935795 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Hawks playing well but breakers have gone up another gear in the third, PJC leading the way.

Reply #935796 | Report this post

Grimace  
Two months ago

It baffles me that PJC doesn't get called for the arm he wraps around his man's knee on his drives.

Reply #935797 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Moar subbing much better in recent games. Excellent game here with 1/4 to go.

Reply #935798 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

I really hope Rubsta gets drafted. He may be a bit short to stay in the NBA for a long time, but I love his skill set and attitude.

Reply #935799 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

What a game, cracking

Reply #935800 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two months ago

One team made more 3s than the other.
I wonder which team won.
Thats all basketball has become.
A mind numbing sport.

Reply #935801 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Magnificent game
Neither side deserved to lose
Breakers by three
PJC 31-4-7@ 61%
Tatum is a fantastic coach, phone should be running hot from clubs that need a coach

Reply #935802 | Report this post

Anon  
Two months ago

Jacket, We get it. 3's wins games. Do you get off telling everyone every game?

Reply #935804 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Great game and great atmosphere too.

Pjc running the show and playing great, even when played at SG with wmw on. Personally I'd switch them but there's not much in it.

Cheatham did well to get back in the game after a horrible start and mantas just keeps showing his talent and maturity. His defence on harvey was suffocating.

Not quite sure why bayles only got 3 minutes for the hawks. He seemed to really disrupt pjc and looked good.

Reply #935805 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

If you score more runs in cricket you win...oh well

Reply #935806 | Report this post

WC95  
Two months ago

For those interested in the attendance - Match report says 3900 or so at the game only. Yet watching the highlights (which looked like an amazing game) the stadium looked full. Has Spark arena been modified (dramatically?) so it's not a 9000 seat venue anymore? Every time I see highlights from there it looks full, but never comes close to being full - crowds are always in the 4-5000 range.

Reply #935820 | Report this post

Bol  
Two months ago

Exciting game it could have gone either way. PJC the form player in the league right now. WMW rediscovering his best again and Delaney back. NZ looking scary good if they can sneak into the playoffs

Reply #935821 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Feel sorry for NZ, season curtailed by injuries.

Hoping WMW is OK. United needs some tough games before the playoffs.

Reply #935824 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Two months ago

They curtain off the top part of the upper bowl for the lower drawing games, probably ten or so nosebleed rows - so always looks full on TV, I imagine the capacity is more like 6,000 in this mode.

Also note that they only achieve the 9,000+ capacity if they add the seating tier at the eastern end - unless it's a sold out playoff game, they leave this open for the drummers, sponsor activations, corporate hospitality etc.

Reply #935830 | Report this post

WC95  
Two months ago

Cheers Denny Crane. Hopefully the Breakers can get their crowds up soon. Such an important franchise.

Reply #935831 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two months ago

The team has struggled to connect with the community this year. Media attention has been poor too. Losing home games probably hasn't helped as well as the cost of living affecting casuals.

Reply #935835 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two months ago

PJC is going to carry the team now. They will make play ins, but limited to how far they can go. Do not have the interior presence to beat United, who have guards that can slow down PJC and WMW. Also I think they may struggle against the Jackjumpers next time round as the teams are very hard to separate, but Tasmania really had no effective match up for Lamb.

Reply #935838 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Glad to see Pineau get some reasonable time and thought he did well, much underrated player.

Reply #935839 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two months ago

Pineau should play 10mpg. He has been very good defensively and often makes key plays defending the high and roll, and surprisingly blocks shots by just maintaining good position. This would keep Mathiang and Cheatham out of early foul trouble allowing Breakers to run those two in the front court late game.

It's also nice to see Gliddon get some burn. I’d like to see him get 6mpg at the back end of quarters 1-3. He can get hot and change a game. But we haven’t seen Maor use him much at all, kind of like how Goorjian took Goulding as a microwave shooter but never gave him a chance.

Reply #935840 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Agree with all, ^^^^^^

Reply #935843 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

I want some Pineau minutes just so we can experience the adventure that is him shooting free throws :D

Reply #935850 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754