Dunkman
Two months ago

Hawks at kings

Hopefully a better game than the previous game and refs don't call so much rubbish. Can kings or hawks make finals.

Topic #51801 | Report this topic

SmallieBiggs  
Two months ago

Man I hope the Hawks win.

Reply #935963 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Noi with three fouls, not smart, Hunter playing well gets subbed at 4.20 in the first, Peatling another of my favourite blue collar workers, they just play good D, Froling two early fouls got Peatling on.
Yes I'd be very happy for hawks to win this.

Reply #935964 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two months ago

Hawks want this so much more right now. Great to see.

Reply #935965 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Go, Hawkies! Kings look woeful as a team - poor attitude and defense, few assists, ...

Reply #935966 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Go Hawks Go.

Reply #935968 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Enjoyable game, refs so much better than the previous game. Go hawks.

Reply #935969 | Report this post

MaxM  
Two months ago

Holy crap the commentary is so pro-sydney I can't listen

Reply #935970 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Froling keeping kings in it.

Reply #935971 | Report this post

Dorito  
Two months ago

Kings easy biggest bust of the season

Reply #935972 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two months ago

Challenge overturn was horrendous

Reply #935973 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Credit to the crowd the kings keep pulling. Yes challenge overturn was rubbish. Come on hawks.

Reply #935974 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Apparently there's a content creator in the VIP seats.
Good to know.

Reply #935975 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Holy crap the commentary is so pro-sydney I can't listen

I've been watching on mute for years now.

I guess at least it balances out the fact everyone else is going for the Hawks.

Reply #935976 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two months ago

Go Hawks.

But please turn down the arena PA system. Must be horrendous in there.

Reply #935977 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

Love hearing the Illawarra chant at the Queens game

Reply #935980 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Appropriate username.

Reply #935981 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Clark is an absolute gun

Reply #935982 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

HOOPS CAPITAL.

Reply #935983 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

The human emoji .. thanks for coming

Reply #935984 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

We piling on yet?

Looks like yes.

Reply #935985 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Reply #935986 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Well done Pw, well done.

Reply #935987 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

Lovebroker .... We miss you

Reply #935988 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

I didn't realise there was a full blown Hoops Capital logo until now. It's amazing how much wank has been packed into those pixels.

Reply #935989 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Two young assistants at hawks former kings assistants. Enjoyable game and happy with the result.
I'm a fan and happy what Smith has done with kings, it’s sport and back to back is a fair result.
Well done Tatum, great to see.

Reply #935990 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

Mighty fine win, Hawks.
I enjoyed that one.

Reply #935991 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

Hogg probably should have just missed the rest of the season. I don't think he got anywhere above about 60% match fit the entire season.

And valentine... As soon as he ends up needing to defend guy on the weakside you might as well just give the other team 2 points. Cut and a layup or foul waiting to happen.

Happy for the Hawks though and good to see a sizeable number at the arena, like in the good old days.

Reply #935992 | Report this post

101 annon  
Two months ago

What a shit show for the Kings, you can handle your team losing when they show effort but the Kings show nothing except for a few players
When your so called leading players are always last to get back on defense, box out & rebound & take pride in containing your opposition player then you are going to lose
Adams is poor & anyone that thinks he is MVP material is kidding themselves
He doesn't play defense at all, over dribbles the ball & gets no on else involved
Kings should have keep Walton
Kings will make the playoffs only because they are playing phoenix & have a good percentage but they are only playing 1 more game
Coach has to go, he couldn’t coach a U16 state team let alone a professional team

Reply #935993 | Report this post

KET  
Two months ago

I'm sure Goorj will get Kings back to their former glory

Reply #935994 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two months ago

Don't underestimate state coaches 101annon. He at least has the right accent for a sydney(hoops capital) coach.

Reply #935995 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

Fingers crossed Gorj takes over. Kings will fold shortly after.

Reply #935997 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Goorjian will be playing a number of clubs off against each other to get the most dollars, rest assured.

Given Sydney's capacity to spend, they probably have the edge.

Reply #935998 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Great win Hawks, what a renaissance from them this season

Sydney are the underachievers of the NBL. More style than substance. 5 titles but only 2 short stints of success- the Goorjian era in the 2000's and the Chase Buford era. For most of NBL history they've not been championship contenders.

Will Goorjian get them back into contention? I dunno. I don't like betting against Goorj but he's 71 soon. Refer Malcolm Blight, Denis Pagan, Mick Malthouse- storied AFL legends who went one coaching stop too many. Could Goorj do the same? Time will tell.

Reply #936009 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

Last we've seen of Goorj (NBL/World Cup) he also seemed to be delegating to his staff a lot more. Personally I'm not convinced we make the change with coach under contract and most of the roster off contract. I'm not sure Goorj is the solution either.

Reply #936011 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Kings were very competitive in the bob Turner era as well, didn't take the title but were great to watch.

Reply #936013 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Sydney has made finals 17 times and missed 17 times. If they miss this year, it'll be more seasons out of finals than in. And this is a competition which, throughout much of it’s history, had more teams making finals than missing. Sydney has been an irrelevance (if not an embarrassment) for large stretches of NBL history.

Their current strategy of selecting young, aspirational coaches who see the NBL as a stepping stone (Weaver, Buford, Abdulfatteh) is a poor one.

Admittedly it’s yielded decent results until this season. But that’s a small sample size and it’s been assisted by problems at their biggest rivals (Perth’s ownership change, the ill-fated Morrison season, key injuries at United at inopportune times, and United being a victim of their own success by developing so many players who headed overseas in White, Delly, JLA, causing unexpected roster movements etc).

Sydney should be aiming for a long-term, sustainable, culture-building run of success instead of changing coaches every couple of years.

Reply #936017 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Many people would say "but Sydney just went back to back, are you crazy?"

Consider this though.

Travers and JLA have been instrumental in United winning the minor premiership. They have been two of the best local players in the NBL.

Both signed with United in the off-season. Both stated they have NBA goals and thought United was the best place to improve their chances.

If Sydney had an established coach instead of another newbie from overseas, would they have considered going to Sydney?

Reply #936020 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

Based on Bogut's diplomatic critique of Goorj's coaching at the WC,(which was highly justified IMO),I'd say it's extremely unlikely that the kings will sign him for next season

Reply #936043 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Kings will try for Weaver again, they were hoping for him this season, I'd say Buford a chance as well as didn’t get nba gig. Jacob Chance if it’s a local. They might decide to to stay with existing guy and put a side of his choice around him.

Reply #936046 | Report this post

101 annon  
Two months ago

If the Kings keep their current coach how are they going to recruit players after the way he coached & made decisions this year?
There is nothing wrong with the current players as they have proven themselves in this league except for Valentine

Reply #936049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754