PeeJay
Two months ago

KayoSport Streaming Performance

Does anyone else have issues with Kayo Sport service. I experience continual buffering when trying to watch live NRL games. It's extremely frustrating. And it’s not my internet service as I get 40+ MBPS.
THE SERVICE COST IS $25-$30 per month. That $320/$360 per year and I only use it for half the year. Unless someone can tell me how to fix this I definitely won’t be renewing my subscription.

Topic #51817 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Two months ago

Not for me. Been watching cricket and basketball all week, no issues.

Reply #936416 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two months ago

Lol 40Mbps. The one piece of infrastructure that Australia could not do right.

Reply #936417 | Report this post

Observer  
Two months ago

Maybe your connection isn't good I have been watching it this week no issues

Reply #936423 | Report this post

Anon  
Two months ago

Connected by wifi?

Reply #936442 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Watch it on YouTube instead using a VPN via a country without a.) an official broadcast partner b.) closest route to Australia. Best for me: Singapore.

Much cheaper and reliable.

Reply #936446 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two months ago

I only have issues with Kayo when casting to a TV. Goes OK for a few minutes and then freezes. Need to restart casting on mobile device to get it going again. Will reoccur every few minutes.

Reply #936474 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Using through Apple TV on high speed connection all NBL season, no probs.

Reply #936479 | Report this post

RG  
Two months ago

I had the same problem.
On Kayo's advice, I reinstalled the app and, so far, it's been excellent.

Reply #936480 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two months ago

I have a 2015/16 sony smart tv running the kayo app and wifi stream quality is usually ok but often there is the tiniest flicker of a delay that persists thru a game. Doesnt make it unwatchable but annoying, however its not kayo its the app and age of the tv for sure. Kayo is flawless on my pc, laptop and phone but casting phone to the tv is horrifically bad despite my internet being fttp 100/20 and using a very strong ceiling mounted wifi access point. Strangely kayo is worse with ethernet cable into tv instead of wifi!?

Watched a game on a mates crappy brand aldi/kogan tv via kayo on firestick yesterday, he has comparatively slow internet but it was flawless. In summary the playback device can be the real issue.

Reply #936482 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two months ago

Perthworld...

Cheers! Bye bye Kayo

Reply #936488 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

You're welcome. Enjoy.

This method also works for WNBL and is more stable than 9Now.

Reply #936546 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two months ago

Watched the 2 games today flawlessly on my tv with VPN & youtube android apps you beauty

Reply #936550 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two months ago

I haven't managed to access any WNBL games via YouTube this year. I can only assume it's due to the WNBA partnership.

Reply #936559 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

They are live on the FIBA channel.

Reply #936560 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two months ago

So they're only available live, but not on demand?

Reply #936587 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Yes, that's why I suggested using ytarchive to download the live stream when many complained 9Now were not uploading replays in the WNBL thread.

Reply #936616 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

I haven't used YT this season but the games still seem to be there.
eg. I'm rewatching a bit of yesterday's Lynx-Caps atm, and I see that the black & white movie is watchable as well, in basketball game form

Reply #936638 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

... uhh, unless I misunderstood the issue, in which case ignore my irrelevant post above.

Reply #936639 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Yeah, we're trying to fade the black and white films.

Reply #936716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754