Jackjumpers playing pretty well so far.

Topic #51837 | Report this topic

larrycucumber2  
Two months ago

Hawks are crumbling

Reply #937023 | Report this post

larrycucumber2  
Two months ago

Terrible call by the refs - what was that stop of play for?!

Reply #937024 | Report this post

Kruger  
Two months ago

Home cooking 101 yet again

Reply #937025 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Magnay kicked arse, Froling will have nightmares. JJs just to good , hawks overachieved, just lack a little bit quality.

Reply #937028 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two months ago

Cats breathe a sigh of relief.

Reply #937030 | Report this post

Lukefly  
Two months ago

Not a huge Froling fan, just seem to always lack an inside presence

Reply #937034 | Report this post

Scout  
Two months ago

Huuuuuge game from Magnay

There have been quite a few social media critics of Will .....should play when he is injured / what's wrong with him / soft

Magnay is legit.

Reply #937036 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Anyone who thinks Magnay is soft has no f...ing idea, he's a beast.

Reply #937043 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Cats breathe a sigh of relief.

This.

Reply #937045 | Report this post

retired  
Two months ago

Hawks to play Breakers.

Good luck JJ's next game.

Best of all Kings GONE.

Reply #937055 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two months ago

Hawks have had a great season and are a fun team to watch, but lack the polish to truly challenge the top teams. I think the lack of playoff experience hurt them tonight and might cost them against the Breakers too.

Reply #937071 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Breakers hanging together by a thread, more injuries tonight. I agree hawks lack polish but think hawks can get this.

Reply #937074 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

I have said for a long time that Froling is very overrated. If he can't shoot, he should be powerful in the post, but he has no skills in the post and is not a shot blocker. If he wants to challenge for the Boomers or another overseas league, at least one of his shortcomings needs to be improved, but otherwise he can only play in the NBL.

Reply #937075 | Report this post

DR  
Two months ago

Yet another example of probably the worst 3 refs in the nbl yet they get finals . Kroslovics 2 fouls were both putrid calls and the stop of play on the froling dunk by that USA ref again possibly the worst whistle of the year and he's a repeat offender

Reply #937083 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two months ago

The USF on McVeigh was ridiculous, too.

Reply #937102 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

"I have said for a long time that Froling is very overrated. If he can't shoot, he should be powerful in the post, but he has no skills in the post and is not a shot blocker. If he wants to challenge for the Boomers or another overseas league, at least one of his shortcomings needs to be improved, but otherwise he can only play in the NBL."

He actually reminds me a lot of (prime) Ogilvy in that you can almost predict what sort of game Froling will have based on the level of big he'll be match up against.

I didn't see the JJs-Hawks game because I was racing to make the Kings game on time, but was the USF the thing that McVeigh did when he lunged on a guy while pretending he was injured? If so, that was pretty USF worthy in my opinion.

Reply #937103 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two months ago

He didn't lunge, his hand slipped.

Reply #937104 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

It was a clear unsportsmanlike, my original thought was McVeigh been knocked out till I saw the replays. Clarke was very good for hawks but McVeigh matched him, both struggled to guard each other.

Reply #937106 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Two months ago

He lifted his right hand off the floor and deliberately made himself fall onto Olbrich.
A deserved USF for a stupid cheap shot which could've injured Olbrich.
His carry-on to the crowd afterwards was equally stupid.

Reply #937108 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two months ago

Magnay should be on the Boomers Olympic team. I've seen it for ages but that game should have stamped his ticket. We have literally nothing else we can go to off the bench.

Reply #937109 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Keep playing like that and Magnay should be a starter. Out of contract, will he stay in nbl or leave for OS.

Reply #937110 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

If he can get his 3 point shot back, that would really be the cherry on top

Reply #937111 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Magnay deserves a Boomers camp spot, and summer league too

Reply #937135 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two months ago

Agree. If Magnay stays healthy, which is a big if, he's only 25 and still has as much ceiling as just about any Aussie big.

Reply #937136 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two months ago

Magnay is contracted to the JackJumpers til the end of next season. Doesn't mean he 100% back next year, but you'd imagine something very good would have to come up. You'd think first thing he'll be given a very long look at Boomers camp, he's exactly what they need.

https://www.jackjumpers.com.au/news/jackjumpers-roster-and-free-agency-update

Reply #937137 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Good news for nbl

Reply #937139 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

I like Magnay's performance in the league, but he has nothing proven in international competition. I hope he gets to the camp and I'd like to see how well he can perform against the Euros, at least in a warm-up game.

Reply #937141 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two months ago

How many warm up games have we really ever played against Euro teams. And generally by the time we do the Olympic list has already been submitted

Reply #937142 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

Last year, we played warm-up games against France and Georgia, but the roster had already been finalized.

Reply #937143 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

I never mentioned Humphries, but before he took part in the Asia Cup qualifiers, many people said he should go to the Boomers camp too. However, after he participated in the Asian qualifiers, many people became disappointed with him. If Magnay had also participated in the Asian qualifiers this time, I don't know what the results would have been.

Reply #937144 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

Of course, the big man who should be included in the Boomers at this point would be Reath, Landale, and Magnay.

Reply #937145 | Report this post

We probably wont get a chance to evaluate Magnay against much Euro opposition prior to Paris. We can only go by what we observe from he and others at NBL level.

Forget offense as that has not been the biggest issue with our bigs. Defensively Magnay has done things (albeit in sort burst at times but that's likey to be his role anyway) that his competitors have never done in the NBL. Even Landale and Reath who are locks have never dominated the glass and intimidated in the paint like Magnay when they were here.

The only question is his health and hopefully he will continue to play significant minutes in the playoffs to show that his durability is on the up. He took some heavy hits last night which was a great sign.

Reply #937146 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Two months ago

That's a good comment.

As a result, we hope that no matter which player joins the Boomers, the coaching staff will be able to utilize 100% of that player's strengths.

Reply #937147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754