Had Enough
Years ago

ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS A TEAM WITH A HEART

36-11 ENOUGH SAID

Topic #5576 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

42-17 26sec from half. i just cant believe we can be that bad.

Reply #63026 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Wonder if Smyth called a Timeout during that quarter or just let them 'play through it'

Reply #63027 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Looks like no one can step up in the absence of maher....not only physically out of the game, but mentally as well

Reply #63029 | Report this post

ryan  
Years ago

knowing phil he would have let it run and given them the motivation speech at the break... i wanna know y maher hasnt been on court yet. anyone know?

Reply #63031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hamstrings

Reply #63032 | Report this post

ryan  
Years ago

and hes not playin at all? or is he just sittin it out for the first half or ... a fewa games? i havent heard bout the injury

Reply #63033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont know weather to laugh or cry

Reply #63035 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

think they're in need of an iron lung not a heart

Reply #63036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would you bring him in for the second half? With Hamstrings, you can either go on them or not, resting for a half isnt the solution

Reply #63037 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

No point now 28 pts down 1/2 way through 2nd qtr

Reply #63038 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

laugh then cry yourself to sleep.

Reply #63039 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

just run hill as much to give him the time and experience.

Reply #63041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers on a 2 nothing run off the back of Rtchart free throws, also winning the foul count. Oh who am I kidding, may as well support the breakers

Reply #63042 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

On the positive side, looks like Jacob is having a good game.

Reply #63043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not much positive about Holmes in my opinion, stats lie sometimes

Reply #63046 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

That's all I'm going by.

Reply #63047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers are on a 2-0 streak. Playing them at the Dome is no longer a guaranteed win...

Reply #63049 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If Maher is at all fit to play the 2nd half, he should. The odds of winning this game is remote but he could help save some embarrassment. With or without Brett, the contirbution from the rest of the team is well below average. The absence of one player should not be that obvious.

Reply #63055 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

or he could blow his legs and be out for 3-4. i think you rest him and loose. we cant always rely on brett, people have to step up ie 4pt from farley, 0 from coop, 1 from hill. The positive is hill should get some time under his belt.

Reply #63056 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cooper scores!

Reply #63057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper is over rated. Sixers need someone who can do a bit more in that spot. Don't forget the number of tough games sixers have played in last few. Somehow, I don't think they expected to win this one.
Gotta give Sydney some credit too.

Reply #63058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley MIA. What's happened to him since last baby was born?

Reply #63059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Farley is busy keeping Smith out of it?

Reply #63061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when has he played defence, and since when has playing defence stopped anyone from shooting at the OFFENSIVE end?

Reply #63062 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Whats our biggest losing margin ever? Surley that is in doubt

Reply #63064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where's ossie? no mention of him - he not playing either??

Reply #63067 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar has 8 and 4.

Nino, I think someone said the Kings had 42 in the first quarter. That comes in equal tenth for the highest score in a quarter against Adelaide.

This losing streak is definitely top ten for worst in the club's history.

The Media Guide doesn't appear to carry stats for biggest margins.

Reply #63069 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he has 8 point 4 boards

Reply #63070 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

He said he'd be calling me after the game not looking forward to that awkward conversation. haha

Reply #63071 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I bet he starts with "We were shit!".

Down 47! Would have to be their worst loss ever? Still 5 minutes to go and the Kings are already running 5 of their youngest players.

Reply #63073 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

they turned up?

Reply #63074 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

This is not good, down by 47, we will go down by at least 55 i reckon.....i think the players need to re-focus over xmas and then come out and play vs pigs on Dec 31 like they did at the start of the season

Reply #63076 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

For anyone who cares melbourne are just holding off Wollongong which believe it or not keeps us in 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #63077 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

does it matter where we finish now? what is the who plays who system now. the old system worked better for mine.

Reply #63078 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Go Tigers!

Reply #63080 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Down by 49. Rebound count if you believe the NBL stats is 50-37 with 1:34 to go. Can't imagine that our percentages are going to be pretty!

Reply #63081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the point of having 10 players in the team if even the starting five can not match the opposition ?

Maybe better to cut 5 players and get a quality centre next year .Not just a big man but somebody who can fit in the team and do something .

Hate to see the day when Maher decides to retire . He is the team.

Reply #63084 | Report this post

Angry  
Years ago

Wonder if any drastic changes will occur after this one? Smyth is a pretty soft coach, but even he would have to agree something must change after this one.....

Reply #63087 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i could see some big change, what or who that is i dont know but how can that happen. We are not good at the moment be we are not THAT bad, where has this all come from?

Reply #63090 | Report this post

Sixers Surgery  
Years ago

maybe he could fire himself??

Reply #63091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it is time to let some of the player go for new opportunities outside of the team .

Problem still seems to be that the return on the investment in Farley is not at the level expected.

Reply #63092 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i just cant believe its the 6ers, normally you write us off at your own risk. We may not have the best team but we can kill you if you take us lightly, what do we have now...

Reply #63093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have 3 stars , one of which seems to be lacking confidence recently , one who seems to have lost the interest and a great one who did not play tonight.

Then we have a good young player who can score, rebound and assist but he can not do it all alone as it looks like he had to do tonight.

Add 2 guys who try hard but maybe are not ( at the moment ) where the team needs them to be plus a young turk learning and 3 centres gone missing .

Reply #63096 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Anon spot on, throw in 4 games in 8 days, 3 on the road (3 top 4 teams) and you have a recipe for disaster, easy to predict but hard to swallow.

Reply #63099 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

To Annon #63046

if you think theres not much positive about jacob then you are a tool,

having a great season and apart from maher is probably the only player busting his chops for the entire game week in week out

tool

Reply #63118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think a smart coach like
phil would take 10 players to sydney and stack up on the guards(due to playing sydney and no maher). 8 tough days?? maybe phil should think about things a little more than saving money on taken extra players.

Reply #63127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

time for smyth to go

Reply #63135 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

time for smyth to go now theres a knee jerk reaction

top 2 coach and time to go ffs idiot

Reply #63138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't Give up on the 36ers cos if u do then you won't get ur present for christams!

Reply #63151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac, on page 43 of the Media Guide you will find the 36ers worst/best streaks, win and losses.

Reply #63154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is ng still on our list?? i know he never got much court time but with his figures in aba surley he wouldnt hurt us!!!!

Reply #63178 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

hes taken a year of for study i believe

Reply #63188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomo, are you aware that this forum gives people the oppourtunity to air there opinions.

Reply #63192 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yep as i air mine all the time

Reply #63193 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

it seems to me that our players just concede defeat if maher or farley arnt playing. they dont even give it a go. without maher where lost on the court and furthermore the players and coach just give up without maher.

Reply #63269 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

true

Reply #63307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754