Skyhook
Years ago

ABA - SHOOTERS %

Some good performers this week shot some terrible % :

Danny Phillips scored 25 pts ,but went 4/16 from 3pt Land.

Jarod Graves 7/27 from the field.

Damian Scanlon was 11/32 from the field , 1/7 from 3pt and managed 24 points.
He took over 1/3 (34 %)of his teams shots for the night.
-- I did not see the game , was he getting any help from his teammates offensively or were they looking to him too much after a great performance last week ?

Should any one player be shooting 32 shots/game in ABA ?

Topic #6620 | Report this topic

Indiana  
Years ago

Given how he scored last week wouldnt you want him to shoot 32 shots?

Reply #74427 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Not when he's shooting 34 % overall and 14 % from the 3 pt line.

When a guy shoots 3/10 people on this forum bag him, but lets say that same guy a week later goes 10/30 and gets 20 points its all good ?
I think Scanlon is a very good player and im not bagging him at all, im just saying the other guys should be taking more shots.

Reply #74429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree and I think Philips and Graves would have been better if they had got some other people involved, I was at the game and Graves threw up some very forced shots, as well as Danny.

Reply #74445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think maybe if Phillips took a few more shots closer in he'd score a higher percentage. Fair enough he might be a good 3pt shooter, but unless you're running hot (meaning 50% or above I'll say) there's no need to take that many 3pt shots in a game.

Reply #74505 | Report this post

Gonzaga  
Years ago

I think if you were at the game you would understand why Phillips shot so much.

About half of the threes attempted were with the shot clock winding down where the Bearcats become stagnant and just passed it to Phillips and he is left to hoist up a tough three or rushed shots in the offence when the bearcats made one last gasp for the win.

He also missed a lot of shots which he would usually make. he missed three wide open in the third quarter.

Overall, he didn't shoot as bad as the stats suggest. (I mean its was a somewhat understandable 25%)

Anyways, despite Phillips shooting below 30% for the night, I would have still put the ball in his ahnds. Not one Bearcat could hit a shot, they only made 2 of 22 field goals in the third, that's 9%!!!

Reply #74512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all his bad percentage means is hes gona have alot of good shooting games later on to even it out

Reply #74525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754