Hangin Round
Years ago

Games Coverage

It is great that we are seeing Aussies do well via Ch9 in a multitude of sports, but who decides on their programming?
Sure, shows bits of everything, but how about looking at participation rates in Australia- especially basketball.
I am sure that b'ball has a higher participation rate than badminton, table tennis, sync swimming, walking 50 kms etc, but we see only a very small proportion of the Boomers & Opals. No wonder we will not get FTA

Topic #6627 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like seeing some new stuff tho, something that we don't usually see.

Reply #74504 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't you bag table tennis or Phil Smyth will come after you! Keep an eye out for it getting mentioned in each of his columns in The Advertiser! ;)

Reply #74540 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'd like to know what coverage that Farkstell provides for the Commonwealth Games Basketball....

Is the $49.95 for the 8 dedicated channels worth it?

Reply #74544 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

I paid for Foxtel Commonwealth Games - and I can say is that I am absolutely disappointed -- it is the most amatuer thing thing I have ever witnessed!

All they do is show "live" games - ie there are no repeats or highlights (apart from the "Gold Highlights: channel, which is pretty boring, with no real commentary).

My favourite part is that for a couple of hours they will dedicate a channel to one sport, ie Basketball, but between games, the camera focuses on the middle of the court for 30 mins not moving, with no replays of the previos, no commentary -- just nothing.

Additionally, the advertised times are always way off the mark, so making plans to watch anything is impossible.

The coverage is crap - but unfortunately as we are huge Basketball and Netball fans in our household, we are begrudlingly putting up with it.

$49.95 ---- What A Rip Off! They only positive I can take form it is that I didn't pay the $65 fee they are currently charging!

Reply #74576 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Boombers on tv just now.

Reply #74714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754