cavolo
Years ago

Heal signs with Dragons

It's confirmed, Jacob now has the pleasure of being Heal's rebounding fiend on all of his jacked up half-court shots! =)

Here's the article:

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18729737-23769,00.html

Topic #6897 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

worst kept secret ever!

Jacob leaves to find more shots in the offence only to realise that Heal will be taking more than Brett and Willie combined.

Still always good to have The Tool back in the league proving how craop he is.

Reply #77073 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

How long before Goorg adds this 'new'recruit to the Boomers as captain for the World Champs, or did he burn bridges when he retired at Sydney?

Reply #77081 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Well seeming that he didn't give Jacob any time at the Commonwealth games after he signed with South, I highly doubt Brian will bring back Heal.

Reply #77086 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I'm glad shane is back it will be good for the league to have a bad guy playing in Melbourne again

Reply #77087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u think in that game against usa in atlanta shane heal almost single handedly gave back our lead trying to make nba range 3 pointers and get a roster spot in the league back rather than win

Reply #77089 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

that would be in athens Anon#77089

Reply #77110 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Great to have him back. 'Kent Brockman' Heal's game is suiting for this new group and regarding his shooting clip - he doesnt even jack em up anymore like the old days... he obviously didnt win the championship by himself... he was the one finding Neilson on roll outs and slips all series long.
Grat to have him back, great player, tough no shit attitude, can always expect something from him.

Reply #77114 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Heal shoots alot of threes but he IS a quality player.... no one ever says this kind of shit about Gaze... atleast heal plays defence!

Reply #77118 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Defence.... Heal...... wow. I'm lost for words.....

Reply #77121 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Stingray what the heck are you on about, what new GROUP ? No imports,a kid out of the AIS and Jake, need more players than that for a team.

Reply #77122 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Kent - Look out for Warrick Giddey clones to fill up the remaining roster spots as they have already used up all available shots with the signing of Shaaaaane

Reply #77126 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Kent, add Drmic & Shanahan to Jake & the "kid out of the AIS".

At least they have 5 players to take the court :).

Reply #77127 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

We don't say this shit about Gaze because he is a legend of the game. He also knows when to stop playing and not play one year to many. How you can compare Gaze to Heal is beyond me.

Reply #77137 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Gaze is a legend of the game and an all-around nice guy, so everybody loves him.

Heal is also a very talented player and has done much for Australian basketball, but is perceived as an arrogant prick, so people tend to bag him more.

I think hurley was making that point, not comparing the players.

I agree that Heal gets bagged far too much. I think he's a great player, and I beleive he will be one of the top guards in the NBL next season. Even the Athens thing, I blame Goorjian, not Heal. Heal did what he was allowed/instructed to do by the coach.

Reply #77143 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Agreed, The one good thing about him playing, it stops him from commentating.

Reply #77144 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I think the main reason for signing him is to get the crowds in the door. The guy is tool but you cant deny that he can play. I can twait to see him play just to give him a mouthful.

Reply #77145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic, Shanahan, Holmes, Heal and Ingles isn't bad for a start. If they could sign one decent Aussie big guy then they will be a force once they add two imports (likely to be quality imports too given Mark Price is at the helm).

Reply #77147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watch the video of it- nbl.com.au

by the South Dragons.

Maginificent. Well done to the Dragons. Now other teams will have to match. if not than looks like there will only be one PROFFESIONAL team

maybe that's too harsh

Reply #77167 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hats off to the dragons!

Good stuff and good to see Heal back in the league.

All sixers fan's should check out the video http://video.vividas.com/media/4407_Dragons/web/video.html (same as linked from nbl site.

Plenty of Heal footage vs Sixers and some footage that we all need reminding of heading into season 06/07! :-)

Reply #77174 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

These guys are the real deal. If their promotion is any indication of will happen on the court then they will be in for a big year! I might be wrong but I reckon Heal was signed as a promotional person rather than for his playing. That going off the promotional video. Just out of curiosity where has he been playing if he has been playing?

Reply #77178 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Heal hasnt been playing professionally anywhere, i believe he has been playing in some league in sydney that a lot of nbl retire's play in - cant think of the name of it but it is a pretty good standard of competiton - I believe Maher played a few games when he was up there as well.

Reply #77215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal splits his time between homes in Sydney and the Gold Coast. I think he was playing in a comp on the G.Coast, but not anywhere in Sydney.

The Dragons are doing absolutely brilliantly off court, and are putting together a team that will be very competitive on court (you know the imports will be great). I think all of us should have our fingers crossed and praying that the Dragons really work, have great crowds. It would be a massive blow to the NBL to see a team finally do it right, and still fail. If it works for them, it should be a lesson to all other clubs - particularly the big city clubs - to follow suit, which can only lead to good things.

Reply #77240 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Cant wait for Heal to stroll back into town, seeing as he has probably only had 1 good game in the last 10 years here in Adelaide.

Reply #77404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754