Kev
Years ago

Port Lincoln's Tuna Industry to Save Sixers

Just heard the headline on Ten News, I'll post more once they run the story later on.

Tunarama's Tuna throwing to be moved to the Dome? :)

Kev.

Topic #7179 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Tony Santic supposedly looking to buy?

Reply #80514 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Beat me to it!!!

Seems to be a interesting story. With the mention of games at be played at Pt Lincoln would it mean a no sale of the dome. Could they play a percentage of their games up there with a share of games played at the entertainment centre? interesting times.

Reply #80517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

News piece has just been. Said that a couple of fisherman from Port Lincoln were looking at rescuing the Sixers, all player contracts would be honoured and some games might be played in Port Lincoln.

Bit strange because I know they're not the only ones interested, and honouring player contracts isn't exactly a particularly special proviso.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Reply #80518 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac. I doubt that they would play too many games in Pt Lincoln, maybe 1 or 2 - but I'm not sure what facilities there are there for it.

I would imagine that the Pt Lincoln consortium would buy the Dome with majority of home games to be played there, but that is purely speculation.

Reply #80520 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Put a horse out to pasture and buy a basketball team?

Or maybe Dean Lukin has memories of golden glory that he wants to relive?

But even if so, can't see the benefit for Pt Lincoln fisherman buying a basketball stadium at Findon. Not really a very attractive investment...

Reply #80524 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

All smells a bit fishy to me. Sorry, I could not help it

Reply #80538 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

LOL

However is it not a known fact that the Sixers make and have the potential to continue to make a profit.

That profit (can) come with a loss with the Lightning (although reports of $60K loss surely would be easily covered by the Sixers)

Plus a stadium to play it all in and run the administration from.

I know it is alot more complicated than all this but isnt it almost as simple as $$ outlay (ie purchase price) vs profit/potential profit?

Reply #80544 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Dean Lukin lives in QLD now anyway.

Reply #80630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only stadium in Pt Lincoln is at the rec centre, which runs at a huge loss already. It's got a gym and an aquatic centre attached but it's a 2 court stadium, with no divider between the courts and just a few plastic chairs either side (eg Marion would be able so seat 2-3 times more people). There is no real possibility of expanding at the Lincoln rec centre for seating, apart from building a fresh one. So I can't really see any games being played there?

Reply #80634 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Team to be known as the "Tuna Armour Sixers". Fishing for guards, do you think? ;)

Reply #81715 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Adelaide could do a Sydney & make Brett a part owner. Then name them the "Mahlins". Sorry for the one liners. ;)

Reply #81717 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754