John Lawrence
Years ago

Dallas @ Phoenix -- NBA West Conference Finals Gam

late 4th quarter, Dallas up 8... looks it will be Dallas v Miami for NBA Finals this year.

Topic #7490 | Report this topic

Pagey  
Years ago

Done and Dusted. Mavs take Game 6 102 - 93.
My suns are done for this year. Good on the Mavs, deserved the Western Conference Title taking out the Spurs (finally - man I hate them). Hopefully they can now take out the Heat.
Suns will be back next year - Amare will ne healthy and hopefully they can keep the bulk of this years team.

Reply #84227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

come on mavs!!!

Reply #84228 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Congratulations to the Miami Heat for winning their first ever NBA Championship :-)

Reply #84233 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

no one can guard shaq, no one can guard dirk, no one can guard wade. its gonna be a high scoring series. dallas deserves a ship and payton deserves a ship.4-3 flip a coin.

Reply #84237 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

miami in 6 - dallas simply dont have the fire power or the expierience.

Reply #84238 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Well, considering I said it would be Suns and Pistons Final I dont knopw why I would bother. But I'll say Heat in 6.

Reply #84240 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

watch out for the dallas last quaters 40 odd last game and 40 points in todays game. big runs late. Dirk for finals mvp.

Reply #84242 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Heat have this in the bag, Shaq will come up big in the finals, d wade is unguardable, and all the heat role players are stepping it up - posey, haslem, walker, zo, white chocolate, glove.

4-2 heat

Reply #84243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think hope Miami have the goods. The stars will do there thing consistantly throughout the series. The big keys will be Dallas' Terry and Stackhouse Vs Walker and Posey

Reply #84245 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm going Mavs on this one in 7 in a slight boil over. Shaq will have a good series, but I can see Dampier and Diop slowing him down a little. He'll still get his 20 odd points, but the Mavs have 12 fouls to give up without really impacting on their offensive game.

Darkhorse Mavs which could tip the balance are Harris and Van Horn. For some reason I think that Josh Howard will d-up on Wade and do a fairly good job on him defensively. Won't shut him down, but at least slow him down a bit. I can also see Wade having to use a fair bit of energy defensively keeping up with Terry and Howard.

Whilst they play different positions, Wade and Dirk cancel each other out (offensive wise), but if Terry steps up I'll take him over White Chocolate at the point.

If Miami come and play defensive and Shaq keeps out of foul trouble then they'll win in 6.

If the Mavs win I wonder how much cash Cuban will splash on a party and championship 'gifts'.

Dirk is untouchable for Finals MVP.

Reply #84254 | Report this post

you can't win with one superstar. Miami in 5

Reply #84264 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

If the Mavs win what happens to the Cuban conspiracy theory that the league will never let his team win the title?

Reply #84266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Detroit won it with no superstars

Reply #84269 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

Up by 18 points in the second half and they screw it up!

Holy sh*t! 40 point 4th quarter for Dallas to 27 Suns.

Reply #84272 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Despite TR being the unquestionably most knowledgeable NBA poster on the boards I'm going for the Heat in 5 or 6, can't see the Mavs going all the way.

Reply #84309 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Mavs in 6 or 7.

Wade is fantastic, but I still believe Dirk is the best player left. Josh Howard to be the X factor. And look for KVH to hit come clutch shots, too.

Reply #84329 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

i reckon miami will get the win in 7 but dirk is the best player in this finals. i think miami might have too many weapons for dallas's team orientated ball to overcome. plus miami have the shaq diesle. dallas might not be quite ready for the ship yet but who knows.

Reply #84409 | Report this post

Years ago

Suns have nothing to feel sad about (except that they didn't make the Finals). After Amare went down, there wasn't a single commentator or sports writer who thought the Suns would do any good at all. They actually did one game better than last season, and without Amare. Hat's off to a terrific season.

Miami have been demolished by Detroit and Dallas in the regular season. I think that Miami have stepped up in the playoffs though. Dallas have too much depth for Miami. A six gamer for mine.

Reply #84450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754