ears to the Ground
Years ago

Lightning? Do they have a new home?

I heard a very very strong rumour today (its probably old so I say sorry if it is)but negotiations have commenced with the ETSA Park Stadium to host the South Australian side formerly known as the Adelaide Fella's (or are the the Adelaide Steelers) who knows. Very reliable this one.....confirm or deny..someone needs to put it to the ETSA Park Officials....this would in my opinion have great potential and suit the girls. The seasons are opposite and also they play Saturday nights as opposed to Friday night with the T Birds....All I can say is watch this space for further developments

Topic #8274 | Report this topic

daniel  
Years ago

With seating for 3200? Considering about 1200ish are getting to "the Lighthouse" don't know that there is the demand to move to bigger accommodation, and don't know that it would be financially viable ...

Reply #92413 | Report this post

yes this maybe true and that was my question however with the cost of setting up each timethey play cost savings are evident, besides the new owner wants exposure and to lift the profile apparently....You would agree this would create a better atmosphere instead of scaffolding...dont you think?

Reply #92431 | Report this post

why leave wayville ???

that is a basketball venue

why line netballs pockets??

Reply #92447 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

I think the cost comparison would be interesting but until they're turning them away at Wayville I wouldn't move.

Reply #92452 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

ETSA Park is a great sporting venue - don't knock it unless you've been there. I think this is a great idea if the costs work out. From my info, Netball SA is also in good financial shape, maybe something could rub off on us...

Reply #92506 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Mon 6 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754