AK-47
Years ago

Brian Goorjian, Sydney Kings and the Boomers

Brian Goorjian's performance is disgraceful. Why is he coaching Australia?

I Have thought about it often and have come to 1 conclusion. He has lots of friends in really high places.

David Barlow, Russell Hinder, Luke Kendall and Jason Smith are some of the kings players that are in the Boomers squad(there are a few more).

Lets start with David Barlow. I watched him play against the sixers and he turn the ball over 5 times had 1 point from a free throw. He scored 0/4 from the 3 point line. 1/4 from the foul line and 0/6 2 pointers. As a shooting guard that is pathetic.

Next Russ Hinder. Now he is ok except from the fact he travels alot and he can't hit free throws or outside shot or shots from anywhere else. The only thing he is good for is rebounding and even former pirates guard Mike Helms averaged more rebounds than him.

Luke Kendall. Why the hell is he there. I can think of plenty of players better than him to play for the boomers.

Jason Smith isn't too bad he just shoots too many threes.

Brian Goorjian. He has one gameplan. That is a load of CRAP!!!
Shoots 3's. We shot more 3's against Greece and Lithuania and lost both and shot more 2's and gave the ball to Bogut more against Qatar and France and won those. When we can't hit 3's and our shooting percentage is crap(which is the case in most instances) Goorjians idea is to shoot more 3's.

Get rid of him. Make him join the army of something cos he definitely ain't a good enough international coach.

Topic #8366 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

AK-47 This Goorjian bashing is getting really boring!!! The facts are that he is a successful coach and his record in Australia is the best. Whether you like him or not, you are not qualified to say whether he should be there or not and since Australia (I beleive) have made it to the next round, you should just shut up and worry about supporting Australia!!

Reply #93409 | Report this post

Kobe8  
Years ago

Anon, you need not read the thread if you dont like the topic. Id tell you to shut up yourself, but thing is this is a open forum...so like AK47 you have the right to your opinion, just no need to be rude about it!!

Reply #93413 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

thank you kobe8

Reply #93414 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

oh and anon learn how to spend believe

Reply #93415 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Oh, and AK-47, learn how to spell spell.

Reply #93416 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah but goorgian is shit though!

Reply #93418 | Report this post

Kobe8  
Years ago

Oh yeah and see how Coach Goorj causes such negative disharmony amongst all hahahah

Oh well hope it is respectable against the USA

Reply #93420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian Goorjian is awesome and dont bag those players they are all talented and i reckon kendall is awesome

Reply #93421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well remember a few years ago a certain 36ers coach was the nat coach. lost the ralley with NZ and got sacked. Then remember how adelaide won the champ. finished in the play offs regularly and smythie still was not voted the best coach in the league.seems gorrgi must have photo's of some high NBL officails other wise he might have got the flick by now!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #93426 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

"Does everyone agree goorjian stinks now" - "Brian Goorjian, Sydney Kings and the Boomers" - different headings, same old stories. How many more threads do we need on this subject?

Reply #93432 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

93421 anonymous
I' not saying that they don't have talent i'm just saying that there a other players that should be playing more minutes. Yes Kendall is ok when he is scoring 3's consistently but how often is that.

Reply #93444 | Report this post

Ed  
Years ago

The topic will be popular until Goorjian gets the same treatment as previous coaches. Sure he has a great NBL record but his record as an Aussie coach is a disgrace. We all know Phil got shafted and Goorjian and Sydney get preferential treatment. Lets see what Derwin does after we lose to the US by 40 plus.

Reply #93489 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

i agree with ed if we cant beat greece how the hell are we gonna even come close to challenging the usa

Reply #93550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754