Tree Rollins
Years ago

Sixers Post Farley, Maher, Wheeler, Copeland

Given that these four guys might only be around for a year or two I was wondering what we might look like after they leave:

PG: Import
SG: Ng
SF: Nash
PF: Mastrovich
C: Horvath

Bench
Hill
Cooper
Dodman
Sutton

That team aint gonna win too many games. Who do you think the sixers should target to fill the void in two or three years time. Obviously we would start by trying to get Oscar, Jacob and Ingles back. Who else - I think we need serious help at PF as Nash and Mastro are more suited to SF, but no one really springs to mind.

Topic #8504 | Report this topic

The Awnser  
Years ago

No offence to Holmes and the "Big O"but why do we need them back? They are gone,ok just let them go!look at different players,adelaides loyalty is going to be our downfall,we are always lookiing at who went well for us,why cant dodman and sutton become players of the future? We dont need to recycle the past,look into the future!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #95006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that... Is that... Nah it can't be! A serious post from Brad :| And it's actually the truth. what is this world coming to.

But in all honesty he's right. We need to start bringing the younger guys through the ranks. Looking for the future with younger players while retaining a few seniors for that experience, knowledge and leadership.

Reply #95009 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Why not a second import?

Reply #95014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horvath is the second import

Reply #95020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horvath is gone come end of the year! He'll be a one season and see you later guy

Reply #95022 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Look at the original question before responding next time anonymous (#95020)

Reply #95025 | Report this post

What  
Years ago

Panther, the orgiginal listed two imports.
Hovarth and a import point guard.

I believe Adelaide can develop Hill and Ng as quality guards.

Nash will retire b4 Maher does too.

If Smyth is in charge he will recruit other players available like Mistro etc etc to continue aiming for a premiership.

A good mix of youth and experience

Reply #95028 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

Theres alot of Aussies performing well in college, a few more that are about to start up next season ands the possibility that Schenscher wont still have an NBA contract. If we dont have Farley and Maher by this time, we may be able to give schensch an attractive option as he will be closer to his family and probably making 150,000. asdd this to a few good college kids and some imports, we may be ok.... but i dont think we have anything really lined up as such.

Reply #95029 | Report this post

C Schencher
PF Hovarth
SF 2nd Import
SG Ng
PG Hill

Bench

Cooper
Dodman
Sutton
Ng

Reply #95032 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

36ers team of the Future.

PG. Ng
SG. Ng
SF. Ng
PF. Ng
C. Ng

I've heard that these players all have remarkable potential...

Reply #95033 | Report this post

He certainly is the talk of town right now
Let's hope his slim frame can cope with the Nbl when some of the bigger guards push him around.

Reply #95035 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Does anyone actually believe Cooper will be around in two years time? I thought he was lucky to get signed again this year.

Reply #95036 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Luke probably wont come back to adelaide, he can earn a fair few dollars in europe or somewhere other than here. We jsut dont have the funds to attract the really good players back to australia. Once theyre in the college system theyre dead to the NBL pretty much (with a few exceptions).

Reply #95046 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A few exceptions? I think there are more than a few examples.

Also, the financial position of the club has changed in the last few months and that could lead to changes in the funding available.

Reply #95047 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Isaac, what about the salary cap? Surely with Maher, Wheeler, Horvath, Copeland and Farley we could not afford Schenscher? Is the salary cap not still around $750K?

Reply #95066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

New owners might not know what a salary cap is? Negotiations this season past were done with administrators paying close attention, etc.

Reply #95068 | Report this post

The Awnser  
Years ago

we are dreaming if we think luke is coming back,even if he was in Australia,i don't honestly think adelaide is on his mind!

Reply #95215 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754