Bruce
Years ago

Australian University Games - 3 SA teams still ali

This afternoon the semi finals of the AUG are being played at Wayville. SA has 3 teams still in the hunt for gold.

Women: Flinders Uni is playing this morning for a spot in the semis, Adelaide Uni is already there - game at 2:45pm

Men: Adelaide Uni is in the semi being played at 1:30pm

SA support is always welcome.

Topic #8758 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any decent players out there? ABA?

Reply #98281 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

... a couple of (ex) ABA players:
Peter Hoban
Adam Becis
Adam Mrotek
Andrew Turrell
Adam Turrell
Peter from Woodville

Ali Trewartha
Tania Dhu
... couple of others

The AU boys were out hustled by RMIT, and will play off for the bronze medal at 11:00am Friday morning.

The AU girls crushed UNSW by 26+ points and play for the gold at 12:15pm

Both at Wayville.

Good luck to both teams (FU women didn't make it to the semis - lost to UNSW).

Reply #98388 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

What's the refereeing like at the tournament Bruce? I assume you were there to watch the games

Reply #98467 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

Refereeing - had 4 ABA refs out there for the semi finals yesterday - great of them to volunteer their time.

Other refs had come over from interstate - always a mixed bag of talent.

I've only seen 2 games, so haven't seen enough to comment more.

Reply #98480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is flinders uni girls doing in the finals??? I hope they are still upholding the fine tradition of being the most drunk team in the tournament..

I thought the only reason people went to uni games was for the drunken stories.. My how things change over a few years...

Reply #98601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you mean things change ???

Things never change even if Adelaide uni won the gold in womens and the bronze in mens.

Its all about the *experience*

Reply #98837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide Uni won bronze in men's.
Green and Gold selections were Adam Becis and Peter Hoban.

In the women's competition Adelaide Uni won the gold with Tania Dhu, Ali Trewatha and Fran Kouenhoven going green and gold.

Casey Beaumont must have been unlucky to miss out but there were some fantastic players from the Eastern states who all deserved selection too.

Flinders finished 5th with Chloe Henderson earning green and gold selection as well.

Overall a great result for South Australian universities. I can only vouch for Adelaide University but all seemed to enjoy the experience of hard competition both on and off the court and the ability to meet players from other clubs and also interstate players.

Next year is in the Gold Coast so hopefully we can get a good turnout and have other players enjoy the full experience and also the ability to play at a high standard with low pressure and in a fun environment.

Will

Reply #98864 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754