xztatik
Years ago

How do we all feel about Dusty

I for one would absolutely love to boo Dusty Rychart out of the building Friday night but i dont wanna be the only one, is anyone else gonna boo him while he's gettin destroyed by Monsta

Topic #8890 | Report this topic

The Early Bird  
Years ago

I'll be booing the administration that let him go

Reply #100062 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

No. I'm going to clap him when anounced and I hope he scores 30 points, grabs 16 rebounds and the Sixers win on a Willie Farley three pointer on the buzzer.

Reply #100063 | Report this post

brick city  
Years ago

Nope, Cant blame a man for going to play for a better team, for more money, in a warmer climate. Common sense really.

Reply #100064 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Certainly won't boo him. Will be great to see him back in Adelaide.

If you ever think about booing him, go and read that story about his early days playing basketball, about his brother and what he and coaches said about his ability. Then go and watch his 40+ game from last year.

Reply #100065 | Report this post

Bad form to boo Dusty, and just about any other profesional player for that matter

Reply #100069 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

u hav got to be kiddin early bird, if we still had him we wouldnt have horvath, who is way better than dusty and will definetely not let him get 30and16 jasmine - i'm so glad that talentless prik is gone.

Reply #100070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd be in the minority in thinking that Dusty was talentless. May not have traditional skills, but just had an uncanny knack for getting the ball in the bucket.

Reply #100073 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

What is your comment that Horvath is way better than Dusty based on? Or dont you make claims that can be backed up?

Here are some facts:

We are currently 1-4 with Horvath.

Dusty averaged 20.5 ppg and 10 rbg with us over his last 3 seasons. We had a winning record in each season.

Horvath is averaging 22 ppg and 10 rbg.

So a 1-4 winning record, and 1.5 more points per game makes Horvath WAY better? hmm..

Horvath is better at blocking shots, and probably a better defender - but to call him way better than Dusty who is apparantly a talentless prik is pretty funny.

Reply #100076 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

xztatik...He certainly has good numbers for someone you think is talentless and has had games in the ball park of a 30 points & 16 rebounds against players like Horvath who are bigger, stronger, more agile and who many would consider to be more talented.

Reply #100077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think we have a good tradition of welcoming back talent that we have taken to heart ie Mee, Cat, etc it would be very sad if people boo him. He was a great servant of the club always gave it his all, also i'm sure he will feel a bit weird as well. He owes a lot to the club as well for giving him a seccond chance, well his 1st real chance.

Reply #100081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also fit the system a lot better. Willie and Brett, in particular Willie, were a lot more efficient with Dusty in the game cos he is a good rebounder, a good receiver, a good finisher and gives them room to move.

Reply #100082 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

xztatik,

If Horvath is better and you are glad Dusty is gone, why are you booing him then????

Reply #100083 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

A bit harsh to blame Horvath for our 1-4 start. Horvath has been the one highlight for us so far.

Reply #100087 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Hey xztatik, I am tempted to call the cops, as you are definitely on drugs of some description.
I am pleased with what I have seen with Horvath, but I was so disappointed to see Dusty go and I have no intention of booing him on Friday night. There are guys in our side now that I would be inclinded to boo.

Reply #100092 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Why would you boo him. The bloke gave it his all night after ngiht after night for our team for what 3 seasons? I dont know how you can boo someone like that (especially given he was probably one of the hardest workers ever to pull on a sixers jersey). Basketball is alot better than other sports in welcoming back ex players, in footy theres no doubt he'd get booed, but i wouldnt expect it from a dome crowd.

Reply #100094 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Yeh, I waasnt meaning to blame our start on Horvath.. Simply pointing out how stupid xztatik's comments were.

Reply #100097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever boo's dusty will be getting a baseball bat in the back of the head.

Reply #100102 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

Dusty has the skills that we are missing at the moment. Hard working, non flashy team player
I hope the crowd welcomes him back.

Reply #100103 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I certainly wont be booing him, but I wont be cheering him on either. Hope he shoots at 20% and finishes with 8 and 4.
I want us to win. He may get 2 claps instaed of the usual one during the brisbane intros tho.

Reply #100106 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Isaac, I'm not familiar with the story you refer to in 100065. Is there any chance you could post it on here ?

xztatik, go away; a long,long way away.

Reply #100113 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

xztatik, just because he left the Sixers doesn't mean we hate him. He left with us loving him not hating him and Sixers didn't pay him nearly enough and he stayed for several years even under pay cuts. He had lots of skill and was one of those players you don't really notice. Slips under the radar. Often when i went to the games it didn't look like Rychart was playing that well but then i see 20+ points and 10 rebounds on the scoreboard.

Rychart was a great person, a great player and i think that you will be the only one booing Rychart.

Reply #100120 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no02rychart.html

Reply #100128 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Welcome to the forum Villain list xztatik.

I'll have your membership card in the post shortly :o)

Reply #100139 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Kwest, an amazing story. Thanks heaps for putting it up.

Reply #100141 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

He will be getting a standing ovation from me. This Friday's game will be one loss I won't be crying over. He loved Adelaide and it will be difficult enough for him to come here and play against his old team without d...heads like xztatik making life more difficult for him.

Reply #100146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What EC said.

I love you EC.

Reply #100166 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

It will be hard watching Dusty in an opposition uniform, and I was sad to see him go, but there's no way I'd boo him either. I was at the Sixers v Kings game when Kevin Brooks made his first return as a non Sixer. He was given a very warm welcome. Someone even made a banner for him pledging a return to the Sixers if I recall.

Reply #100167 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dusty is exactly what the 36ers are now missing, a nuts and bolts man, goes about his job without fan fair and it's funny when you review the box score after watching a game you wouldn't realise the quality numbers he put up. Went about his job quietly, but always showed up to play.

xztatik, don't come looking to report an assault if you get flogged in the car park after booing Dusty.

Reply #100175 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Geez TR, shouldnt you be worrying about people breaking into Little Johnny's office before the Dome carpark?? :)

Reply #100177 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Little Johnny..... pfffttt, he's got his own problems to worry about. He's big enough and ugly enought to look after his own office, plus he has his own babysitters.

All I say is remember you need a witness or two for the alleged matter to really go anywhere.

Squid, don't waste your time on that phone call....

Kwest, thanks for posting that link, I've never read the article before. Incredible story.

Reply #100178 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

DUSTY IS A GUN... BUT WE GOTTA MOVE ON! AT THE END OF THE DAY I'D RATHER WORRY ABOUT GETTIN W'S THEN WORRYING ABOUT WHO WE ARE BOOING.. WE GOTTA GET OUR LADS UP & OVER BULLETS

Reply #100203 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Has anyone noticed the homepage of his website where he shows his personal details. His team is showing as Adelaide 36ers. Either he has forgotten to change it or he is trying to tell us something. There is no reason whatsoever why anyone at this Friday's game should show him any animosity. His 3 plus seasons with Adelaide has seen him give more to the team than what he was financially rewarded for. He showed an exemplary work ethic and respect for his team by striving to achieve his best every time. I can only see reasons to return some respect back to him, not boo him because he is with another team. Adelaide is responsible for not offering him a suitable contract to stay here.

Reply #100223 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

123abc I dont h8 him coz he left us thats a good thing and i was happy as hell for about 3 weeks after hearing he had left, i hated him even when he was playin for us, with the amount of perfect passes he got from maher he should've done way way way better than he did instead of turning it over with a terrible pass, getting blocked or missing layups etc.

Kwest the only reason we are losing this year is coz we lost our two Boomers in Holmes and Oscar.

And another thing... if Maher would get it to Horvath like he got it to Rychart the Monsta would be averaging 35 a game.

Reply #100282 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I heard an radio interview a while back when Dusty first landed in Brisbane. He wasn't introduced as "Dusty Rychart from Minnesota" but as "Dusty Rychart from Adelaide". He didn't correct the host either.

He will get the same welcome from me as when Kevin Brooks came back with Sydney.

Reply #100285 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

EC - his website is still showing Adelaide because Ive been too busy to update it.. I dont really fancy the task of designing a Bullets style website!

Plus the tight arse isnt paying me enough to make it a high priority ;)

Reply #100293 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Sounds personal to me xztatik...

Reply #100294 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

what kwest, i don't get it, whats personal, u mean ur personal with dusty, i wouldnt be surprised u sound like ur defending your little daughter or something.

Reply #100326 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

lol

I said Horvath was a better player than Dusty. But Im also saying what every other person here is saying - that to boo Dusty would be totally uncalled for.

But hey.. you go ahead and boo him if it makes you feel like a man.

Reply #100329 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

How the hell do 700+ people read this thread and no one agree with me god damn it! are u sure all of the people in this thread arent dusty rychart himself using 35 different names... no... ok i wont boo him then, but i still dont like him.
hey Kwest seriously r u personal wit dusty?
I'm out like Maher and Ng.

Reply #100462 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

xztatik, have you ever even talked to Dusty? He has faults like all players, but he worked hard constantly with Adelaide and certainly doesn't deserve to be booed at all. If he dropped a pass from Maher on one play, he'd fight for an offensive rebound and score on the next.

I'm not surprised that you've got no support in suggesting that he'll be booed.

Reply #100472 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

He is what the 6ers are missing at the moment the most...believe it or not. Someone who gives his all no matter what, both ends.

Reply #100476 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

xtspaztik , your out like a pink polo collared up .

Reply #100561 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

i didnt boo him 2nite
i hav talked to him and i found him to be an arrogant prick
and hes certainly not what the sixers are missin right now
lol rotate on this

Reply #100945 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I have the upmost respect for Dusty and there is no way i'm booing him. He doesnt deserve it at all. I was fortunate enough to meet Dusty and I soon found out that he's not only an brilliant player but a really nice guy.

Reply #102232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754