GoSerbia
Years ago

Lalic remains a Tiger

In news that confirms all that is good in the world (loyalty) and rejects all that is evil (Forestville)

Dan Lalic has announced his intention to remain a Tiger. He will be the starting Centre in a rejuvenated Tigers outfit and will have a huge season.

Rock on Serbia in 07!!!

Topic #9003 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

bad move for his development

Reply #101626 | Report this post

GoSerbia  
Years ago

Good one

Just to outline Tigers development over the past few years

Luke Schenscher (NBA)
Joe Ingles (NBL)
Josh Wood (College)
Brad Gerlach (Sixers)
Dan Lalic, Tristan Brathwaite, Shane Boal (Academy)

bad move indeed

Reply #101632 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

i love Serbia!!!
i think the tigers are on the way up next year with another year of development into lalic, brown, boal and braithwaite, and the return to full fitness of gerlach, they should be around the mark.
Dan Lalic rocks my socks!!

Reply #101635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt Gerlach was going to Eastern??

Reply #101641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"i think the tigers are on the way up next year"

This has been said every preseason for the last 6 years.

Reply #101644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beleive that the AIS can take all the credit for Schensher, Woods and Ingles!

Reply #101653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh and the AIS just randomly selected all of them for no apparent reason

Reply #101654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God knows why Josh Wood got selected, can someone say NO GAME!

Reply #101655 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Can someone say 6ft7 Athletic.

God I'm supporting southern. eeek

Reply #101656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they were tall and athletic and they beleived they could be taught something and developed further!

Reply #101665 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

great call 101654!
Gerlach definitely not going anywhere. Throw that one out the window.
Tigers have produced some of the most talented players in the country for 20 years plus now..
Can someone say Wheeler and Bradtke? How about Rick Hodges? Ben Osborne? Can't be bothered thinking of more right now, but add them to the list above.

Reply #101680 | Report this post

try again Andy!!!  
Years ago

post 101641 - graet engish - k knocker

Andy maybe 3rd time lucky heh, Dan well done, I think Andy will just move down his big man list (tried about 5 over last two years) but I'm not sure what big men are left to poach - has Whitmore really retired?? or what about Olbrich

Hoban will struggle, hope Dougie still has the passion, give Dougie his permanent starting spot

Reply #101681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gerlach is definately going to Eastern, and what a great move

Reply #101704 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

bahahahahahaha 101704

Reply #101727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats ben osbourne doing nowdays? how good was he? like what were his stats?

Reply #101734 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

#101704 stop trying to stir poo.

Reply #101740 | Report this post

Will be hard to replace Dix from here.
Perhaps Wheeler?

In the girls the Tigers have also developed Tracy and Narelle

Can't remember why but strangly they didn't want Lindsay when she returned from the AIS so she went to Forestville

Reply #101766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Scott Arnold may be looking for a return to the Flames to reunite him with good mate todd matthews? Any Truth in this?

Reply #101776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tracey only played for NCT for a year, two max before the AIS got her. Hard to call 2 years "development".

Some players could play for Bobs Basketball Club and they will still make it, that sort of drive and determination (and genetics) is in the player, not the Club.

You say Tigers have produced over the last 20 years, what about the next 5 to 10? One word - NOTHING

Reply #101783 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anon, bit hard to predict if any of the players currently in U/10's will be any good.

Reply #101788 | Report this post

I could not see Scott going back to Norwood - he improved greatly at Forestville.

Reply #101795 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

It would be unlike forestville to get/buy wheeler to play for them, he would not play for free.

Reply #101800 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

lol doc.
Show me the Money, Scott Arnold one the Woolacott at Norwood. Not sure if you can improve much from that (unless he won it this year, which I'm pretty sure he didn't)

Reply #101840 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

*e won it too

Reply #101842 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I dunno Lockstock, I thought Arnold was awesome this year and would've had one of his best years if not his best year. I think it had a lot to do with him really getting in shape (I believe he's a personal trainer now if anyone needs a trainer!) this season, having some good team players around him and some really good team ethics. Played a great role within the team concept which is what I think Norwood had a few issues with, this year and in the past.

Reply #101865 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

gerlach is stayin at the tigers definately.

Reply #103528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bad luck mr hill
go hard in 07 you tiger boys

Reply #106798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we'll see if its a gd move once the season starts, basically Dan needs to play big mins & if that doesnt come his way, bye bye tigers for good.

Reply #113306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gerlach and Dan will be staying at the tigers! they have improved so much since they have been at te tigers. i have known them both for a while. They have both improved very much. Went to school with them and they will be staying at the tigers!!!

Reply #113785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754