Rat10
Years ago

Farley's best dunks

Farley's dunk over Heal got me thinking about some of my other favourite Farley dunks over the years.

My favourite Farley dunk would have to be his facial on Melvin Thomas a few years back. Unlike Heal, Thomas seriously challenged Farley's dunk and he paid the price.

I also enjoyed Farley's dunk over Ben Thompson from Perth in his 1st ever game in the NBL maybe because it was such a surprise to see our new import score that way with some of his 1st points in the league.

Some of my other favourite dunks from Sixers over the years would be Darnell's dunk over Simon Dwight at the Pigpen and also his dunk over Pat Reidy.

I think my favourite dunk though was Cattalini's 2-handed power jam over Wade Helliwell and his subsequent taunting while Helliwell was on the ground humiliated and embarrassed from his 'posterisation'.

Topic #9128 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

David Stiff dunked over Dwight in game 1 of the 2002 grand final series - was massive...

Reply #103240 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nashy had a good one in the distant past. Coops gets his share too.

One of the great Farley photos was taken by one of DJ's friends in Melbourne (Mak?). Here it is:

Hard to beat Cortez's alley for best dunk at the Dome though.

Reply #103242 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Look how full The Dome was in the background of that photo.

Reply #103243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe's dunk last nite was bigger. 2nd quarter straight through the middle, two hands. beats Farleys dunk. Not taking away that his dunk was big

Reply #103250 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Anon...Ingles didn't dunk on Heal.

Reply #103251 | Report this post

Go the 6ers  
Years ago

I think anon is Ingles!!!!!

Reply #103254 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

favourite dunk would have to be trimminghams dunk of the year nearly ten years back, last game of the season, hadn;t got a dunk all game (very unlike him)

he took off with the ball in his right hand, got contested, so changed hands mid air, threw it down and drew the foul.

too good

Reply #103261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no Joe just dunked on everyone else that was standing in the paint watching him walk on through

Reply #103283 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Willie's dunk on Melvin is on you tube as well as is Cortez's ally.

Reply #103314 | Report this post

camsurmo  
Years ago

My Favorite Farley Jam was a few years back in Perth he pulled a spin move and Jammed it home in the 4th quarter, he ended up with 43points in a sixers loss. great dunks in the Dome : Nash's tomahawk always springs to mind, Darren Ngs Lob vs perth 2 years ago was electric, Grooves lob was special. i remember James Smiths 2nd game For Sydney checked in took a rebound off a foul shot and slam it down with Authority. Bryant Mathews Caught a lob off the board v the 6ers in the elimination final 2 years back was pretty big i was sitting front row baseline going damm.

Reply #103339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

geez how packed is the dome in that photo issac long time since its been that full

Reply #103348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sorry but how could you all forget about Reesy this dunk sums up his career

Huge!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zozo5K_7PBU

Reply #103451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754