Anonymous
Years ago

Eddie Groves has a finger in another pie: WSR

Most people know that Eddie Groves is the true owner of the Adelaide 36ers, he also owns the Bullets.

I have been told be a very good source that he is now 25% owner of West Sydney.

I think he should be known as the commish now, not Rick Burton as Eddie does control the league.

It is a joke what he can get away with!

Topic #9512 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, the league is pretty much bankrupt. Players payments are a joke. Here is a guy worth $300 million prepared to pour some money into the league and you say its a joke. The guy is a champion. If you have a spare couple mill sitting around YOU put it into the league and then we wont have to worry about Eddy owning 3 teams!

Reply #108220 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

if a guys willing to prop up the league in its darkest hour, this is a joke how ?

Reply #108225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Most people know that Eddie Groves is the true owner of the Adelaide 36ers".

It appears that most people who post on this site are very heavily into conspiracy theory and would therefore believe this statement.
Similar statement have appeared in various previous threads.
I think it is about time posters justified this statement or considered the alternative. Dr Hemmerling has held a number of important and well paying positions and therefore would have his own financial resources (either in capital or ability to raise loans)to buy the 36s. If you are going to use the "Groves is the owner" thing - put up some facts or accept the alternative.
For all the conspiracist I do not know or have any connection with either man.

Reply #108229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quick call the lawyers; wasn't this topic banded a few weeks back?

Why don't you ring 5AA and question Mal Hammerling integrity regarding the sale of the Sixer and put the question on public notice? See how far you get.

Reply #108232 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've made a statement on this before and its obviously been ignored here. If Eddy's lawyers come knocking, and I believe their attention has been drawn to this forum, I will, where appropriate, identify those making questionable comments. You've been warned and if you get screwed in court, tough.

Reply #108238 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Why the hell are we bagging these men? Eddie, Mal and Vince have done the basketball community in SA a huge favour by buying the Dome, 36ers and the Lightning. We should be thanking them for helping to get us out the poor not have conspiracy theory's put on here about them. I personally don't care where these men get there money from (ie there own wealth or if they borrow it). I would like to say thank you to them and hope they can make a profit eventually.

Reply #108243 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I hope the people who are gutless wonders and post this drivel behind "anon" log ins get their just desserts when Eddie and Mal put some of their hard earned cash into launching legal action.

People who post the slanderous shit on this forum need to remember why the NBL directed clubs not to have forums, because of mindless drivel posts like these. How will you feel when Isaac has enough of trying to keep up with it all and pulls the pin on the forum??

Mindless morons, thats all you are!

Reply #108270 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

second that notion yogee

Reply #108279 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

I am greatful for who ever put up the money.

Mal & Eddy saved NBL in this state.

Reply #108367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754