Anonymous
Years ago

Pickup games.

Question.
If there was a group of outside courts somewere in Adelaide where you knew you could get a pick up game, would anyone be interested in playing some street ball?
Does somwere already exist?

Topic #968 | Report this topic

Boony  
Years ago

I occasionally do at the Thebarton Church at CLG. The courts there are good.

Reply #10698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Thebarton Church at CLG"

Wheres that?

Reply #10807 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

When you find them you will know you are in Basketball heaven. It's the kind of court you wish you knew about from the day it was opened. It's the court all other outdoor courts bow down to. Those who have been there know what I mean....
Maybe it's the spring loaded rings, maybe it's that special noise the net makes when you swish it, kind of like the court is talking to you, willing you to train harder, shoot better. Easily THE best outdoor court I have played on.

Reply #10809 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #10821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where is it?

Reply #10822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok kool

Reply #10823 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

there are rules though... i almost got kicked out for saying jesus christ when i missed a shot.cos its full religion court you arent allowed to swear =\

Reply #10824 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

I totally agree. Its ironic that they built one place of worship so close to another. Many hours spent workin on my game at that court and it would be one of the best outdoor courts going around.

If you dont know where it is... you haven't lived!

Reply #10852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my son is looking for aau teams to tryout for 16 years old in ocean county or burlington county ,does anyone know any coaches phone numbers or any info

Reply #11188 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

try this for AAU sites - you will have to start at the girl's site and find the link for the boys

http://www.aaugirlsbasketball.org/pages/links.html

regards,

aussie basketballer

Reply #11189 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

knew I'd find it !

try this for boy's teams - i am not familiar with your geography - but look around this site

http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/main.html

cheers !

Reply #11191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How often do pickup games occur there? i might head down and break a few ankles tomorrow.

Reply #33992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754