ABL
Years ago

Top of the Table Clash - Forestville v North

Now that we are all back from Melbourne its time to think again about the ABL and there is a rip snorter of a game this Saturday night at Wayville.
Forestville take on North in a game where the winner should clinch a top 2 finish.
The Rockets got the Eagles last time by 23 but that was before the mighty Brenton Campbell re entered the fray.
Proves to be a massive night, also hear that Jason Dix will be on hand for the renaming of the court.
Massive night and promises to be a great basketball spectacle.
I encourage all basketball fans to get down to this one! Pack it out people!

Topic #11790 | Report this topic

Cracker game!  
Years ago

Not quite top of the table clash cos that would include Norwood in the game, but 2nd vs 3rd, should be a very entertaining game in deed with finals positions up for grabs and many quality NBL calibre and high standard ABL players playing.

Will see some great match ups with Oakley vs Rychart, Hoban vs Hambour, and the guards Zorich, Kersten and Burdon vs Sutton, Sullivan and Cambell. Not sure how the match ups will go between the guards. Solid bench performers for both teams too.

I wonder who Norwood would prefer to win in this one, as the loser would probably not be able to catch the Flames.

I think North is slightly the better team but Forestville have the home court so i am undecided on who will win.

I did hear that there is going to be some sort of presentation with the court being named after Jason Dix, so basketball fans should come along and say goodbye to one of the states best ever players! Could the occassion help the eagles get over the line?

I'm going for North by 6 in O/T.

Reply #138019 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

They are expecting over 1000 people in there and both Forestville and North juniors will be let in for free when in club uniform.

Agreed some match ups in this rival an NBL battle, i believe these are the 2 premier teams of the comp and the fact they are tied in second place proves how good a match up this is.

Get out to this game, be good if they can pack it out as much as they want too.

This i believe will be a preview of the Grand Final.

Reply #138048 | Report this post

BoxOfficeClash  
Years ago

Forestville v North: These clubs do it in style, should be a blockbuster.

Reply #138055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard that the stands will be out for this game so lots of seating!

Great drink prices as usual.

Come on people, get behind local basketball.

Reply #138066 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

Interesting that BSA havent been trying to pump this game up or The Advertiser even mention it.
Woukld be the perfect opportunity to build outside public support as we near the finals!
Counting the sleeps now!

Reply #138143 | Report this post

Johhni  
Years ago

Listen to Caost tonight at 6-40 88.7 Fm the Game will get some airplay

Reply #138188 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754