tiger165
Years ago

Chappell Ticket Home?

Hey just wondering if anyone else wants to chip in for a ticket home for Mike Chappel.
Stats

20 M. Chappell 7 12 2 17% 3 1 33% 2 2 100% 3 3 6 4 - 

And they said he is getting better. I say get him a ticket now.

Well done to the Sixers this year for the entertainment on game night. Keep up the good work.

Topic #13040 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clown......

You're not Willie Farley are you ?

Reply #151817 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

agree with you anon,

would rather a chappell trying his arse of when hes injured then a totaly disinterested farley who was fit like last season

Reply #151818 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

just adding to that though if hes not recovered in months time then look at doing something

Reply #151819 | Report this post

tiger165  
Years ago

In a months time the season could be over. Then What. Complain that we had another bad season.

Reply #151820 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

More BS negativity... Chappell will be fine, as will this particular 6ers squad. Clearly Phil isnt going to take your opinion Tiger165, so just keep it your self if its just going to be the same toxic stuff we endured last season! I'm absolutely pumped about this teams chances of doing some very special things in 07/08... but just as it is to early to write Chappell off, it is too early to talk ring ceremonies!

Lets just see how they go against good Wildcat team.

Reply #151823 | Report this post

ok  
Years ago

tiger165 i agree with you. ticket

Reply #151829 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

The 6ers have only lost one game and that was to a team who will go close to winning the comp. and you want to sack the import who is recovering from injury, thank god you have NO control over such things.

Reply #151840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sixers have only beaten the hawks (who are 0-3) and the dragons (0-4). We'll be able to tell more when they come up against some more quality opposition.

Reply #151867 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

Look, i would of loved to see the sixers sign a tough defensive type wing player with our second import spot, someone who could take the tough defensive assignments and be a game breaker in defence... but the club wanted this guy because he has the runs on the board as a proven scorer. Best case scenario, he gets fully fit, provides scoring and lifts our team all the way.... worst case, he's another jo-jo english... I still think a starting 5 of coops, ballinger, chaps, maher and brad could go great. Mottram is a key off the bench, so is ng who is some self belief away from tearing it up proper.
This week against the cats will be a huge test. A loss would not be the end of the world, but a win would be just fantastic. go sixers.

Reply #151872 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

agrre with nathan.. hes not fit hes time will come.. settle down guys have faith in him..

Reply #151874 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

I know he has been injured but is he on par with some of other bad imports in stats for their first few games.
I was at the game on Saturday and I was not really impressed I was calling for Mark Davis to kit up towards the end as I believe he would have done more.

If it were not for Maher in the second half we were looking at being blownout.

Reply #151892 | Report this post

If this were Europe I doubt a club would be so forgiving. Big gamble here. I just don't wanna hear him as an excuse if the season goes pear shaped.

Reply #151910 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Who else are we going to get then? Who will do a better job that is available?

Reply #151931 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Willie Farley?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Reply #151936 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Although I think it's a bit early to be calling for his head, some time frame has to be set for an acceptable performance/fitness level.
We need a positive return for our import $$$$.

Reply #151942 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit, that's not all that funny. At the moment Willie Farley would serve us much better than what we have. Farley with the right attitude is what the team needs, particularly with the rest of the group we now have.

Reply #151968 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Look on the bright side - he can only get better with his shooting.

5 of 29 FG (17%)
1 of 10 3P (10%)

Plus he has a couple of tough opponents tonight in Redhage and Crawford (if he plays).

Reply #151985 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Look on the bright side - he can only get better with his shooting.

5 of 29 FG (17%)
1 of 10 3P (10%)

Plus he has a couple of tough opponents tonight in Redhage and Crawford (if he plays).

Well done iZacStein. Spell it out, I'm confused.

Reply #152033 | Report this post

Buns of Steel  
Years ago

Lets just all sit back and lament another season gone by in which we failed to perform, shall we?

Or lets get ruthless like other clubs seem to be and cut an under performing import in favor of some other guy who at least looks like he wants to be out there.

Mal, cut him now, please!

Reply #152065 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Yeh ok Chappells hurt and not playing to well. BUT did you happen to notice just how easily he strolled past 2-3 defenders to have a shot at an easy layup(yeh he missed). Last week his confidence was up and he tried a few more things. Injuries dont take 1 week and a back injurie can of set your shooting motion, not the best injury to deal with. Give the guy a break and quit complaining about everything.

I always wonder what the people calling for his head would say when another club pick him up and he starts scoring 20 a game, I suppose they wouldnt be puting their hands up to say they made a bad call.

Reply #152066 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I can't for the life of me understand why Chappell travelled to Perth. He is not good enough at the moment to be useful and risks aggravation to his injury by travelling. I am not ready yet to say let him go because he is improving sightly each week but at the same time, let's not pretend that he is going to perform miracles overnight, so no reliance should be made on him now. I feel for him right now, and understand the frustration he must be going through but we cannot continue losing games for too long either and end up with another useless season like last season. The patience for his recovery is especially running thin at this point in time because this is supposed to be the revival season that sees the problems of last season dead and buried.

Reply #152160 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

check the injury...if it isnt going to be fixed in the next 2 weeks...time to replace

Reply #152229 | Report this post

Buns of Steel  
Years ago

(#152160)I agree with you. If he should not have gone to Perth, it would not have done his injury any good to be couped up in a plane for hours on end.

The real issue is why are we bothering with an import that turned up on our shores with an injury.

Fans want success. If that comes at the expense of some import that that turned up at the Dome on his first day of training with some half assed injury then , bad luck fella.

Grab your bag, clear your stuff out of your locker, dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

Reply #152286 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Relax, he travelled business class and had one of the skybeds........

Reply #152302 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I personally would like to see Chapell given another 2-3 games to see if he can get his fitness right as he is a hell of a player if he can get his fitness right and i think he would be a great asset to the team.
How ever if he cant and since the 36ers season may depend on having 2 high performing imports i think we should make the tough call after 2-3 games.
Who would people like to see as his replacement, if they have to go down this track??
I wouldnt mind seeing a guy like Brian Wethers, or Jayson Wells, they are both 2 high quality imports, and are of a similar mould to Chappell.
I think we need a versatile guy who can give us 15-20 points and play some very good defense, the Dave Thomas mould would be perfect.
guys like Chappell and Wethers are a little different to this mould but they add extra scoring and but not as good defense as say a Thomas, which i still think is ok,
anyway heres hoping Chappell has a couple of strong games and there is no need to replace him and the 36ers have a great season!

Reply #152304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't get rid of him too early or the scapegoat won't be there if things go South from here.

Reply #152306 | Report this post

TruBluFan  
Years ago

First of all, what imports fly business class? Last time I checked imports fly economy. Not business class. Picture a guy 203 cm tall cramped behind a seat with no leg room for 14 plus hours like a sardine. Chappell didn't just waltz a previous injury. Clearly you do not know what you are talking about here. Cut him? And then what? Bring in another import, offset the entire team with a new guy and create an even longer gel period that probably would cost us the season anyway? Chances are you'd find a selfish import who would come in for numbers and compromise any chances of having a great team. Not to mention the 36ers having to pay out a hefty sum for breaking Chappel's contract. The way I see it, he needs more training to get back in shape and needs to wait until then to actually put in serious playing time during games.

Reply #152457 | Report this post

JordanFan23  
Years ago

I agree. Give him a break.

Reply #152465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you rested him for the Perth trip, what then after that? They play in NZ, Townsville and soon in Singapore - those aren't quick flights.

Better to just bring him back as they are. Then, he either comes good, or breaks down again and they are then in a position to consider a decision.

All in all, they're right where you'd expect them to be on the ladder. Next couple of games will be interesting.

Reply #152581 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:22 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754