Cat 15
Years ago

Time to discuss Coach Smyth

Well I think it is well and truely time to start thinking about and discussing Smyth as a coach. From my point of view I see the following:
A coach who likes to let his players play.
A coach who wants to make the game fun.
A coach who everyone wants to play for because the atmosphere is enjoyable.
A coach who can no longer get the best from his players.
A coach who is unable to make a good decision on defensive strategies during a game. (ie won't change anything!)
A coach who does not DEMAND a complete effort from his players.
A coach who prefers pretty basketball to the down in the trenches game that is sometimes required.
A coach who can not and will not develop youngsters (i.e. Darren Ng has not improved at all since he began in the league.)
A coach who is unable to get his rotations right.
A coach who doesn't do the preperation required to win (do they even look at the other team on video? According to one of the players interviewed recently it is an option for the players. Are they SERIOUS!!? Surely you must dissect your opposition before you play them! He's a full time coach FFS!)
A coach who's time is up. Sorry Phil you've been great (well, not the last 3 years) but it's time to part company. I ask Mal to make the call as soon as the team returns from the road trip. We need a change and NOW!

Topic #13174 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

I'm now on the 'time to go Phil' bandwagon.....

Just wish he'd fall on his sword and quit but that ain't gonna happen...

Reply #153773 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

chill the F#@K out cat15. we all feel the pain m8

Reply #153774 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

I'm sorry CAMPBELL, but why chill out. Being so chilled in the whole teams BLOODY PROBLEM!
Just once I'd like to see them play like they are actually desperate to win. How about some blood and sweat on the floor. Is it too much to ask a team to give it all on the floor?
Chilling and letting it go has been what we have done for several seasons now. A change is needed and sooner rather than later.

Reply #153778 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Why should he chill out... I think he's hit the nail pretty much on the head.

Tonight was a debacle...... We lost the rebound count 38 to 54 including giving up 19 offensive rebounds and it's not like the Crocs have a rebounding ace up their sleeves (ever heard of boxing out????), we hit 15 of 27 free throws (55% pathetic), and we turned the ball over 16 times...

Facing it, we aren't a playoff team this season, and as EC said in another thread it's gonna be a long season.

Reply #153779 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

'Long and boring'

Reply #153786 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

I love basketball, so why the hell would i want to follow a team that puts in that sort of effort? Maher deserves so much more from this club.
Not sure of the logistics but can we cut our imports, and get ONE DECENT DEFENDER/REBOUNDER to intimidate inside? We got plenty of perimeter threats still, Motts and Coops are ok if in a rotation with a QUALITY import. Goodbye Dench, Chappell and Ballinger.
I just don't see any point in the rest of this season if changes aren't made.
We shot 30% to their 60% fcs!!!

Reply #153787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could this be a first, where an owner ends up sacking the team to keep his coach?

Reply #153791 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be at least refreshing if Phil actually came out and took some responsibility for the crap our team is serving up!

Reply #153792 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Nathan,
IMO Ballinger is a quality import and has been one player that has stood up and put up consistent numbers every night so far. Chappell can be a great player for our club. He showed this in the game against the Breakers. He just needs to get 100% fit and then work from there. I think his fitness is starting to come back and he can begin to fire like he has in previous seasons in the NBL.

As for Smyth I agree that he makes poor decisions in rotations. A great run by our team on the court always seems to lead to a substitution. Why? Does he feel like he has to rotate to feel he is doing is job?

Reply #153793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fact is he is the laziest Coach going around - rested on his laurelas ever since money bought him older players.

Now seeing the fruits of his lack of recruitment and retention and development of young australian talent.

Take out Maher and who else can you honestly say is NBL level Australian talent that you can build a team around.

Show some balls and show him the door Mal./

Reply #153794 | Report this post

seen the light  
Years ago

A sacking at this point of the season will have benefits in so many ways.
At least we could still get behind a new cause and support the future, instead of being in the same position as we were last year and hoping it just gets better.
Lets face it, management promised us a new product and new future....all they have delived is some new colours, new players and same old performance.
Smyth has to go before this organisation can REALLY move forward again

Reply #153795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah..it's time!

Reply #153800 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I've said it once before, but I believe Hemmerling has great business and sporting acumen. He has proven himself and his worth in the past with the Adelaide Grand Prix and the 2000 Olympics. You would think these ventures were much bigger than owning and running the 36ers. What we are seeing right now seems like an incompetent coach is being tolerated, but I don't doubt for a moment that Hemmerling has got his finger on the pulse and putting strategies in place for the success of this club. Perhaps 2 seasons is still not enough in the grand scheme of things.

Reply #153803 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

OK, so Mal gets rid of Smyth. Now what? Who would you get to replace him? (Chris is available!!!)

Reply #153804 | Report this post

Thighs of Thunder  
Years ago

Hmmm, I m thinking the Chris Lucas sacking was awful, but me thinks Mal should cut Phill now.

I dont know why, but one feels so right and one feels so wrong!

Reply #153806 | Report this post

Sushi Cowboy  
Years ago

pigs brought in rob beveridge and have had early success. there are options out there.

Reply #153807 | Report this post

bdog  
Years ago

Ive heard Scott Ninnis is available....

Reply #153808 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To be honest, I'm pretty worried about this next Kings game!

Reply #153809 | Report this post

seen the light  
Years ago

I think Ninnis is the perfect replacement.... very timely too....

He deserves a chance so getting him in now would give him most of the season to show what he can do, then if he isnt right for it look else where at seasons end, but im pretty sure anyone different would make improvements, id bet my house on that!

Reply #153812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep definately time for a change at the helm. I didnt want to admit it last year that we needed a new coach beacuse of our lack lustre roster, however this year after changing our entire starting 5 except for Maher, i see they are playing almost exactly the same as last year, the south dragons game was a good example of how wwe just went to sleep and allowed them to build a sizeable margin before eventually closing the game out. We are far to relaxed in defence and in our overall game play and there hasnt been a change since last year made on the way we go about playing the game. I read someone's comments here about last year we lost to wollongong by 25 at home with poor effort etc, well how about last night? we are surely in the same spot as last year and if we end up making the top 8 we will probably get mauled by 30 at an away venue where we cant win, bloody i remember the days when we used to be a consistent away team.

Reply #153814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although I agree that coaching is an issue, it seems to me that the players should be competent 'professionals'. Blame the coach for simple basic things like not boxing out, rebounding aggressively or shooting at a crap percentage, but surely the guys know by now that these are simple things that should be done. The basics are what's letting them down and even juniors are taught these simple things early on. You don't need fancy offenses/defenses to win games if every player does the basics effectively! IMO Phil shouldn't even need to be telling them stuff like this - granted he's struggling as a coach at the moment, but the majority of his team is not helping at all! Really the only consistency they have is Maher (as usual) and he's gotta be getting pretty p****d off by now!

Reply #153815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is there trainings are like pick up games with no attention to detail.

Reply #153816 | Report this post

GOING GOING G... The three dots represent how many more games of this shit we should put up with .

Lets look at this in true perspective .

Securing Newley was a good move for the future yet every other move we made was for the now which is both Contradictory and counterproductive .
The contingency plan was both too late and wrong .

Davidson , i like very much but he is here 3 years too late .

Ballinger is an excellent pickup but will be under utilised and needs an aggressive and athletic SF-PF to compliment his game with the hussle , rebounding and defensive intangibles that Chappell just does not have . Chappell is a smooth player that would compliment a team that has the aforementioned skillsets sewn up .

Cooper , Mottram and Dench are all decent plug in players but together in this system or lack of they are both uninspiring and somewhat flaccid .

Sutton is a decent round out PG .
Kersten is both more creative and more likely to develop further .
Shannon Seebohm is another name that the Sixers probably can't spell properly .

The one style fits all that has been around since day dot is in need junking and while i find the make up of this team somewhat boring , the strategy and utilisation of talent is flat out floored but hey we can discuss that in the next timeout.

The identification and recruitment of up and coming talent ? non existant .
The vision ? see end of last answer .
The answer ? obvious .

Reply #153817 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"flaccid" ...... LOL

:-)

Reply #153818 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The answer, that'd be Brad!

Reply #153819 | Report this post

No brad is the awnsre

Reply #153820 | Report this post

Oh and DICKO , i thought you would get a laugh from that one . ;)

Reply #153821 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Listen to the audio link on NBL.com of Smyth post game. Manages to use every excuse under the sun - and already putting forward excuses for the next game. He's shrugging it off : "they were on fire, we were getting hands up, they were just hitting everything", "they were getting to the boards", "we were tired (having problems with early flight, change of time zone".
Well .. every damn team has these problems - WHY is it an EXCUSE for us ?!
I'm sick of hearing shitty excuses for shitty performances. It's up to the coach to get the most out of the players - if they are down, you need to pick them up, if things aren't working - you make a change. He just doesn't seem interested in putting in the effort anymore - and didnt seem that interested in the last few seasons.
The players we have deserve a more inspirational and more influential coach.

Reply #153824 | Report this post

new flavour!  
Years ago

Andy Simons would be a pretty good option. Played at NBL level, and about 10 years in the SEABL.

Obviously shown that he can coach. Great mix of fun and hard work. Think he would be a great fit for the sixers...... any team really!

Also has connections in the basketball world which is huge.

Ninnis could be his assisstant. Pretty good line up I think.

Reply #153827 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

And yet despite all yoru complaining hes still picked the #1 coach players want to play for.

I think a failure at this level goes beyond the Coach. These players dont respect the club they are playing for, every loss they should have to stand a smack in the face from Mark Davis...stop them from loosing Im sure.

Geelong supporters were calling for Mark Thompsons head last year, this year they blitz every team and well, we know how much fun it was to see port demolished.
This year He is the Coach of the year, when asked what he did differently he replied, nothing...He said the players stood up this year, he simply did the same things he did last year.

Perhaps all the supporters blaming the coaches puts it into the players mindsets they cant win.

Reply #153830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And yet despite all yoru complaining hes still picked the #1 coach players want to play for."

because the trainings are so easy. people have been saying it for years and you still havent noticed???? he makes excuses for players after each game where they lose.

if this was the HUMMER NBL COACH EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY FOR CHAMPIONSHIP, then thats sweet and we would be top but its not and the #1 coach gets us axel dench. no gun college kids, no stars .

Reply #153832 | Report this post

Bye Phil  
Years ago

Doesn't recruit

Lost 5 adelaide born players who are future Boomers

Doesnt develop players that are here

Trainings are simply jungle ball

The Buck never stops with Phil

Doesn't scout opposition

Has a 'mime' as an assistant

etc etc etc

* would love to hear Boti's take on the season thus far. However he is still top and tailing Phil.

Reply #153834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wouldnt be so sure. recent articles about the team didn't sound as enthusiasitc as befre.

Reply #153836 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The problem is they are being paid regardless of performance. Can you imagine the difference if they were paid on a game by game basis and the level of pay they got for each performance was based on how well they performed. There is more excitement in winning a championship at ABL level because money is no object.

Reply #153847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

INSANITY is doing the SAME thing over, and over and over and over again and still getting the SAME result.

The Coach's remarks are insane, regurgitated rubbish!
Lame excuses, pathetic reasons, same ol, same ol.

Glenside is calling, a bed is available, let's use it Mal. The team needs passion.. from the coaching staff visibly and also from the players. I am over it already.

Reply #153851 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

how the worm has turned - the other day mr marino sacks lucas and it oh dear this cant happen and now that we had touch of success - good on you girls we want the same - team spirit got the girls up lets support the sixers team spitir is all thats needed
get behind them

Reply #153852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe 153852 escaped from glenside. living in a fantasy world!

Reply #153855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the plane.... the plane....

Reply #153857 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

Do not compare Lucas and Smyth they are totally different situations. the reality is Smyth has got to pick the players that he has wanted over the last 3 years, and the only consistency about the team is lack of commitment. I hope Mal sits Phil down and sets him some goals and if he can't get the boys to reach them, well it's time to go.

Reply #153864 | Report this post

Hoops 91  
Years ago

Thought they would've done that after last season?

Reply #153866 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

No, in the offseason, Phil wasnt available as he was overseas "recapturing his enthusiasm for the game" .. thought at the time it sounded lame, and that he should have stepped down last season if he no longer had the enthusiasm.

Reply #153890 | Report this post

Roseboy  
Years ago

"INSANITY is doing the SAME thing over, and over and over and over again and still getting the SAME result."

Umm, haven't you described "sanity"? Check the quote, its "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Personally, if I'm dialling the same phone number over and over again, I'd expect the same group of people to answer, and not say Phil Smyth telling me that its not his fault his players, who get paid significant amounts of money, can't hit more than 55% of their foul shots...

Everyone - stop looking for a scapegoat! The players are the ones playing, they're the ones out on the floor, they're the ones not doing what's needed to win. The buck stops with them.

Reply #153893 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Everyone - stop looking for a scapegoat!"

Yes.....That's Phil's job.

Reply #153899 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Roseboy - how can blame Ballinger for putting up high quality numbers, only to get dragged. Phil's decision, not his.

Or Cooper getting more minutes than Mottram?

Or Ng bringing the ball up ever?

Reply #153903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Smyth: "The reality is for us coming back from (11th) last season, it takes time."

Why?

The Pigs are 4-2, have played the same number of home and away games, almost folded in the off-season and would've assembled a team on a meagre budget, they changed coaches, also changed both imports and a fair swag of their roster, brought in at least three non-imports who'd never even played NBL before (Knight, Martin, Petrie), have recently missed Knight through injury, and they are still doing pretty well. One of their losses was by two, and the other was when the Hawks lit it up.

We've re-worked the roster. We've escaped the shackles of community ownership. I can't see how our result from last season has any real impact on how we play this time around?

Reply #153905 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

Players and coaches are individuals but to have your coach picked as the one most players want to play for sounds like warning bells to me. You need a coach that is going to be tough when needed and i think players play as hard as they are pushed. Do players want to play for him because when they play Adelaide they dont have to work hard?

Reply #153906 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I have always as a supporter appreciated Smyth's relaxed style. When he has the right group of players that thrive in his 'system' it makes for inspiring basketball. I don't think I would appreciate a Joyce or Goorj as coach.

So, I have usually been in the pro-Smyth camp, although I must say last year really shook my confidence in him.

I am not yet in the calling-for-Smyth's-head camp, I wouldn't argue too long or with too much passion if Mal did make any precipitous moves.

Biggest problem with the Sixers has been the total lack of balance in the team for some years. We have not tried to recruit those players with the defensive fundamentals that were instilled in those players of the '98/'99 era. Mark Davis, a man who knew how to box out and get on the boards. Sapper, who never stopped trying and was an injection of pure intensity. Ninnis' quick hands. Mee, defensive player of the year. Rees, who was nothing if not intimidating in the paint. Then add to that younger more intense Maher's and Wheeler's.

In the early days of Smyth's reign, the Sixers were known to create their offence from inspirational and hard-nosed defence. Over the years, Smyth has either:

1. dropped the ball when it came to finding those defensively sound players; and/or

2. the types of defensive structures he has put in place have become outdated and easily countered.

Not everything that a player is can be seen from their stats sheet. Look at Horvath for a good example of that, a 20/10 player who can not mix it up properly at this level.

Reply #153907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adding to what Isaac has already pointed out in regard to Smyth's comments, I also found the following to be disheartening.

Smyth: "Unless you bring in an Anstey and a Mackinnon, the change won't be dramatic so while it's easy to be super-critical, what we are focusing on is are we heading in the right direction?"

So you're saying we recruited poorly Phil? This comment has no leg to stand on because IMO we aren't even heading in the right direction. We have only played one top 4 team (Melbourne) so far this season and we are still 2-4.

Let's have a look at Smyth's above comment on a game by game basis.

Hawks @ Home - With a Hawks team that has one player that is an actual starter and then a team full of role players this should have been a walkover, but it wasn't. We kept collapsing on D inside and leaving the shooters open, I mean how can Cam Rigby be made to look that good? In the end we got up but it was only by 7. We can possibly excuse this one as it was first game of the season.

Tigers @ Home - Did we even turn up after the first quarter? This was a dismal performance, Smyth continued to get us to play a switching man and we paid the penalty with Davo being continually matched up against Anstey - has Smyth never heard of getting players to fight through screens and having the bigs hedge? This game we were just generally out coached and out hustled. No excuse for not changing the D or attacking Anstey early when he was in foul trouble, just blatantly out coached.

Dragons @ Home - Thanks goodness for Maher and Ballinger - these to won us the game on their own back. A team that was 0-4 coming into our once formidable building should have been a walk over. With a big man that plays no D and just fouls, why wasn't the ball hammered inside to our bigs? Why were we outrebounded by a team lacking any real size? We played an appaling second quarter and were just lucky that the Dragons couldn't make us pay. Again Smyth didn't bother to change the D and tell our guys to stop collapsing on Horvath when there was no need as it was just leaving Herbert open who was making us pay. Did Smyth not scout the Dragons? The game on Fox on the Wednesday showed what a danger outside that Herbert was. Smyth must have been busy that night. Again lucky to get away with a win in a game that should have been ours by 15+.

Wildats in Perth - From all accounts a much better performance, but we still got burnt for 40 by Redhage - with the abundance of bigger guys we have, surely we could have had players rotating on him and trying to stop him, or at least make him earn his points. From what I have heard we continued to play that switching man and Redhage made us pay. We did lose Davo but it's no excuse after being up 10 to let them back in.

Breakers in NZL - Appaling coaching performance IMO. For the first quarter or so we had stopped playing that ridiculous switching zone/man and we were up 10 plus and the NZL shooters couldn't get into the game, then Smyth calls a timeout and repeatedly tells the guys to go into a zone. WHY? With so many shooters in the NZL team, why the hell do you play a defensive set that is going to give the NZL shooters so many more open looks? Offensively Maher was seeing the rim like it was a hoola-hoop, why not run him of screens and get him open? Instead he is expected to bring the ball up and if he wants an open look he has to create it himself. As good as he is at getting himself open, why not one of those big bodies we've recruited to set some hard screens for Mahersy to get some open looks? Again he was out coached and made a poor decision changing the D.

Cros in Townsville - There isn't much to say about this game - We had our asses handed to us by a crap team.

So after all that ranting, my conclusion is Smyth's comments wouldn't have a leg to stand on anywhere else in the league but seem to be accpeted here in Adelaide, as this certainly IMO anyway isn't the right direction and no where else in the league would accept mediocrity, being 2-4 after playing 1 top tier team is appaling.

I'm tired of the excuses that Smyth brings to the table after every loss, timezone change, early flight, need time to gel. It's all bullsh*t. As the old saying goes, you train how you play and clearly our trainings aren't hard enough. We don't work on defensive or offensive sets we simply scrimmage. Things need to change and I think it's time for Mal to step in and make that change.

Reply #153917 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Squid, you are very right. Until Phil in his own mind accepts responsibility for the results, nothing will change. The fact is Phil's coaching credentials are very limited. Give him an u/16 boys team to develop and he wouldn't know where to start. There are junior Sturt coaches who have more of an idea about structuring a training session than Phil. So why has Phil won championships I hear you say? Because when it was acceptable to rort the salary cap and buy great talent, the coaching had already been done, already put into these players. When you have far superior talent it goes a long way to getting a 'W'. Over the last few years the talent hasn't been there so now coaching comes into it more than ever. Really good coaching CAN make up for talent disparity. No better example than what Beveridge is doing with the pigs. Coaching ability will always be laid bare sooner or later. Phil's cracks are opening up big time and he doesn't know how to plaster over them at the moment so resorts to more of the same. More of the same excuses rather than saying the buck stops with me. The amount of money he has mined out of the Sixers is staggering for what he offers, but I guess it is amazing what good PR does. Mal, deep down you know the answer and it is a tough decision but the only decision that will free this club and get it back on track.

Reply #153920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how was the quote re reviewing the game tape 3 times!!

Would have been lucky to look at it once!

Lies, lies, so many lies.

Reply #153921 | Report this post

Chunky Mustard  
Years ago

IZZY has got it spot on.

Reply #153947 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

So he reviewed the tape 3 times (or so he says).
Question 1: Were any of the players included in the review? Did they watch the tape?
Question 2: Has he watched any tapes of our next opponents??

I can see that I'm not alone in wondering what our full time coach is doing.

Go back to my comment re: Darren Ng. A few years ago he was rated as one of the top 3 Ballers in the country for his age group. Now?? Has he improved at all? Perhaps Smyth has gotten Darren and his brother Marcus confused. That would explain why he keeps playing Darren as a PG.

There are so many problems with the coaching at the moment that it is not going to be fixed this season if Smyth stays.

Reply #153960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #153969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about last years favorite choice stacker? you could be sure Ingles would be back then!

Reply #153970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's on too much money to fall on his own sword and because he fits nicely into the 'once was' and 'club legend' category, and thats the rub, he wont get sacked especially after the marino affair(small 'm' by design). The team is going nowhere this year so we may as well sit back and go fishing and let him part company at season's end.
Lots of things , we either outgrow or outgrow us and it seems basketball has moved places, way to far down the road for Phil and maybe, just maybe, like a lot of coaches in SA, he can only coach a team of champions.
Thanks for you services in the past Phil but come out and say you'll give it away at the end of the season so you can go out with dignity and support.

Reply #153974 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I see that the Breakers were able to cope with the road trip they had to Singapore!
Boti's article this morning was about as limp as I have ever read.

Reply #153977 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

If this continues to go south, it would be a bad move not to make the change. Yes, pay out Smyth and do the dough to run off into the sunset bleating, but not doing it runs the risk of losing season ticket holders at seasons end. Bring in a fresh coach (Stacker) get a few wins on board, a promise to rebuild and give the season ticket holders a glimpse of the future this season for next. A sort of 'try before you buy' scenario. Don't make the change and the ticket holders will make up their mind at seasons end and say that's it.

Reply #153978 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well I purchased Gold tickets for the first time this year and most definitely I will be giving very serious consideration to renewal next year if this sort of performance continues for much longer.
The last few years have been so disappointing, even though rosters have changed, but when one thinks about it, there is one common denominator, and you know who that is!
The game against the Tigers was really embarrassing in that I have never seen a side toy with us at home the way the Tigers did that night.

Reply #153983 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

"I've watched the (game) tape three times now," Sixers coach Phil Smyth said. "You watch it to see if you were boned, then to watch your offence, then to watch your defence.

Yeah, that's right watch a tape to see if there is an excuse first up. F*ck me.

Reply #154018 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Boti's article today was one of his most toothless ever, with all that "glass half full" crap. The glass might be half full, but that doesn't mean that what is in it tastes any good.

Boti's wider coverage of the NBL is and always has been fantastic. But I really do wish he would pretend just once in a while, that Smyth was ANY OTHER coach in the league, and as such would then be subject to a much more frank and brutal assessment of his performance.

Sack Phil now, bring in someone to really put a rocket up some of these guys. You can't honestly tell me that this year's roster is not a MASSIVE improvement on last season. Personally, I think this is a better roster than the 2002 Championship team.

Yet, here we are at 2-4. Someone better call Benson and Stabler to the SEC, because Sydney is going to enforce a brutal violation on us on Wednesday.

Reply #154044 | Report this post

sushi cowboy  
Years ago

izzy you should be thankful that defence even made it to third priority after the refs and offense

Reply #154045 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Taxi for Smyth!!

Reply #154796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no-one coaches any where for ever,what i hate is phil coming on the tv,radio and laughing it all off as if theres nothing to worry about.Mal at the moment your not getting my entertainment dollar................

Reply #155193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754