Max
Years ago

Ng weighing up career options

Darren Ng might sit out another season of the Hummer NBL Championship to help focus on school work and finishing his medical degree

Personally i think it will be such a shame if he did, because he is a great player with a big future in the ANBL

Topic #13542 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #158100 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

nbl.com.au

Reply #158102 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

it's been well reported that he is required to undertake practical placement in order to graduate from his studies.
He is in a situation now where he can no longer defer his studies if he wishes to become a Doctor.

Reply #158110 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

He'd be an idiot to give up a career as a Doctor.

He's handy, but he's just not THAT good as an NBL player.

Reply #158127 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Earn lunch money in the NBL or a nice doctors salary?

Which would you choose?

Reply #158131 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

No brainer alright.

Reply #158136 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

If he HAS to stop playing basketball to get through his studies, then how did Dr Matthew Liptak get through his medical studies when he was playing for the Crows?? Curious as to what's different.

Reply #158163 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Doesnt this kind of show he might not have the love of the game or the commitment to the team needed to continue with his NBL career.

Reply #158192 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Yes, In a way Skud i think it does show his lack of love and devotion to not only the game but the 36ers franchise. He can still easily complete his medical studies and play for the 36ers, he will just have to balance between the two.

Reply #158205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Im sure he can easily do both. Do whats best for you Darren. The sixers will burn you some day anyway.

Reply #158213 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh always wondered how Liptak did it. Is it because sport wasnt as professional 10 yrs ago? I think every crows player had a job outside football back then. Now you wont find any really.

Reply #158216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mantis - mid week travel?
Footy is only played on the weekends.

Reply #158217 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Back then I belive the Crows only really trained in the evenings as well.
The sixers train in the mornings.

Reply #158221 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm ignorant on many counts.
Firstly, I haven't asked Darren about next year, but there was talk on a forum (this?) of a practical commitment that's a requirement to complete his accreditation. Now if that's the internship thingy, then he wouldn't be capable of standing up in his time off, let alone subject himself to practice sessions, the rigours of the game & the frustrations of the NBL's BS schedule & travel screw-ups.
OK you cry baby die-hard 36er fans, who's gonna start a "SackNg" thread?

Reply #158230 | Report this post

Years ago

He will be playing another season. Thats what i think. Its what i hear.

Reply #158252 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Everyone saying he's chosing between peanuts in the NBL or a HUGE salary as a Doctor, although if it was me, I would take the time off of Bball, if he keeps developing, couldnt he make 100-150k if he can keep his scoring rate up and especially after maher retires??

Reply #158271 | Report this post

I think we can be sure Ng will find a way to become both a doctor and still play basketball.

Reply #158274 | Report this post

OLDIES  
Years ago

Yeh and VC he can play till 60 odd and retire like Lanard Copeland. There is no age limit in the sixers programm

Reply #158275 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK you cry baby die-hard 36er fans, who's gonna start a "SackNg" thread?
Skud?

Reply #158323 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ng; you would not make any changes at the moment.
(something to work thru with him over next few seasons).
Copeland: coaching Geelong next season

Reply #158326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754