mike man
Years ago

top 3 ABL games

after such an amazingly close abl season, i thought it would be a good time to reflect on some of the best games of the 2004 season...
my top 3 is as follows...
1. southern v north at morphett vale....the tigers fought back from a near impossible position to win a tight won in over time...crowd going bananas!
2. forestville v woodville...the eagles pulled off a big upset, and inflicted woodvilles first loss...with campbell and rees the standouts.
3. norwood v forestville....a big crowd was there to witness another upset by the flames..their third in succession.
feed back on this topic would be very interesting i think.

Topic #141 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Forestville vs Eastern at Wayville was a big game.

Eastern vs Sturt at Mt Barker (Eastern held on by a few).

South vs Sturt at Marion, featuring Brett Maher.

Reply #1045 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

North v tigers at MV was great. would rate as my #1 for sure. Improbable Tigers victory.

I also enjoyed Campbell's 40 point display to hold off Eastern at Wayville (Jacob had 41).

Not sure on a #3. Tigers v Sturt at Pasa was exciting for the hype of it, but the actual game was a bit of a letdown.

My 3rd favourite game was actually a Women's game, I'd say. Tigers v South @ Marion. Not for the game itself, but for Deanna Smith's 51 point, 27 rebound, 11 assist triple double. Absolutely amazing.

Reply #1046 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Southern Vs North was off Heezee! Matty Clarke was the money man!
Hitting the biggest three pointer of the season!
It was golden! It will go down in my mind of one of the best games up till full-time. In OT north might as well have not played.

Trry ball in the bag!

Reply #1047 | Report this post

warriors baby  
Years ago

how about any of Woodville's wins this year they all deserve a mention in the best top 3.

Go the Green Train!!!!!

Reply #1048 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

You are a D#&@H*>D!

Reply #1050 | Report this post

Splinter  
Years ago

Forestville vs North (mens) at wayville was a great game, high scoring lots of highlights, good atmosphere.

Reply #1052 | Report this post

comeback kid  
Years ago

if ur at any game where the mighty tigers have come from behind, i can guarantee u would have had ur money's worth

Reply #1072 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754