Pitstop
Years ago

Music

The music was not quite right last weekend until we hit the front. It may need some old faithfuls to spark some energy in the crowd- something everyone knows whether an oldie or not- they still get the clapping and even singing going to set the scene for the more mod stuff later.

Topic #1412 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

How about they try something like the SE Magic had back in the roaring 90's.

They had a young fella run around and pump up their crowd, I don't think that there is any harm in trying new ideas 6ers.

And please make the 1/2 time entertainment a little longer (10 min) a lot of the crowd doesn't go and get food when it's half time.

Reply #16296 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Half time is actually a NBL rule in length. 15 minutes, or 12 minutes for Fox televised games.

Reply #16298 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

we need some real music at the game, like some death metal or something. I'm sick of going there and hearing top 40 crap. I know most of the people there like it, but what are we there for, we're there to watch the game, not listen to music.

Reply #16313 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The music is a big part of the package for basketball fans. I don't think Pantera or Metallica will draw crowds.

unless the angels or jokers roll in to watch the game

Reply #16348 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

pantera and metallica aren't death metal

Reply #16352 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I somehow dont think death metal would be regarded as suitable music by many people
a) the crowds
b) the management
c) the NBL admin
d) the australian broadcasting authority who control the censorship side of things.

I dont deny anyone the right to listen to that style of music if it floats your boat, just obviously it is not for "general" consumption :)

Reply #16355 | Report this post

Pitstop  
Years ago

Try some 80's tunes on Sunday. They will appeal to everyone as in 2000+ a number of artists have reinvented them.

Reply #16552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754