Stingray
Years ago

Vote:ESPN- Duke v UNC game or NBA game

Sitting here shattered that ESPN is showing the Utah game at 1.00pm today instead of the Duke v UNC ACC game today. Both teams ranked in the US Top 5, Duke 7-0, UNC 6-1 in ACC and they are not showing it.

I want to know your choice (if you had one) of which game you would rather have shown.

NBA or DukevUNC?

Topic #14560 | Report this topic

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

Easy choice - DUKE v UNC.

I was disppointed last night that i had to endure (because i couldn't turn off a baskebtall game) Grizzlies v Bucks cause my apartment only gets Fox 1 & 2, not Fox 3 and ESPN.

No offence to the dragons & taipans either, but i'd rather had seen P.Mills tearing up Gonzaga.

Reply #171820 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, the college v NBA is an interesting one. I've been watching plenty of college the last week or so (pretty much 2 games every day on NASN Setanta here in the UK) and last night I taped the Wizards 76ers game. College games are so intense, everyone goes full on 100% the whole time, crowds are full on, packed stadiums, amazing atmosphere. Cut to the NBA, you find a half full stadium, no crowd support to speak of, player going through the motions, no one pressing too hard defensively, the product just isn't as appealing (perhaps that's because it was a Wizards 76ers game - although this was actually not a bad game, great final quarter).

Whenever I watch college I imagine myself out there and think how I wouldn't be able to even get the ball up the court through all the pressure, but watching NBA I reckon I might even be able to get a shot off every once in a while (albeit from a few metres outside the arc).

Conclusion: I'd prefer to see a college game most of the time, unless it was a particularly juicy NBA battle (Suns Lakers for instance).

Reply #171824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

http://golf.cautela.nl/showthread.php?t=14573

Reply #171825 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Annon. What is that link? Dis nothing for me?!?

Reply #171839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duke VS UNC hands down

Gonzaga vs St marys last night was great!!

ESPN basketball game selection IS PATHETIC

Reply #171849 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Anon was me.

Download the TVU player (http://www.tvunetworks.com/).

Check the NCAA thread:
http://golf.cautela.nl/showthread.php?t=14573

You'll see UNC v Duke listed. I'm watching the "TheGunn" feed now, works great.

Reply #171851 | Report this post

jess is a gun  
Years ago

college-

what a month for basketball on FOX - somedays 3 games on 2 channels

Reply #171854 | Report this post

jess is a gun  
Years ago

you have to understand that ESPN pacific rim picks games that have aussies in if possible - not neccissarily the big game for the round.

Reply #171855 | Report this post

Blue Devils any time !

Reply #171866 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Pfffftt. No contest.

College ball every time. Full on, flat out real basketball.
They play a limited number of games per season, the crowds are NUTS, and they have a dream to play for.

NBA reflects the grind on nearly 90 games a year. Nothing much happens until Q4.

Reply #171870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even in the hunt. Duke over those sky blue dogs !!!!!!!

Reply #171897 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

If we hadn't had the NBA game Jazz v Nuggets we would have missed seeing Mike Dunlap as the fifth assistant coach for the Nuggets.

Reply #171901 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

College Basketball no doubt! College Basketball is much more exciting and fast paced. NBA is slow and predictable. Plus the crowds in the College Games get into it and are more passionate.

Reply #172075 | Report this post

A elaide 36ers  
Years ago

College is great Max. Really good when people don´t put results in the title of threads. Don´t yah think.

Reply #172078 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754