Spinner
Years ago

36ers v Taipans - Saturday 9th

Last home game for the season - perhaps not!

Huge amount of emotion tonight infront of what will be the largest crowd this season.

Sixers by 15

Topic #14585 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

Reply #172147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

approx 6300 was the last figure

Reply #172148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many does the stadium hold, will ill be able to get tickets at the door?

Reply #172155 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

7,500 Capacity

Reply #172158 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Crows game on tv (and Power function at alberton) may keep a few away.

Reply #172159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe capacity is 7,800.

Reply #172162 | Report this post

basket 33  
Years ago

I think for a Sixers game it's probably closer to 7,400.

Just rang the Dome, tickets are available at the door from 6pm or through Venuetix outlets and phone bookings all day.

Reply #172165 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

The NBL Media Guide says the stadium fits 7,200 but I'm not sure if that includes the sky boxes , which would add another 150+ top the final amount of seats.

Reply #172173 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dome holds 7800

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=36

Biggest crowd there since 2003 was 7750. Cant see that breaking tonight but it certainly sounds promising to break 7000 for the first time in years.

Reply #172175 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

austadiums says 7,800

Reply #172176 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Does anyone know if it is definitely an 8pm start? Someone suggested there had been a last minute change to the telecast schedule and may start at 7. I have not heard this.

Reply #172178 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

AFAIK its 8pm. Its not a fox game so no reason to change.

Reply #172179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just brought tickets for tonight at venuetix....the chic said there not many left and the ones that are are right up the back corners...

Reply #172184 | Report this post

Hoops84  
Years ago

What is the pre-game?

Reply #172191 | Report this post

Anon#170626  
Years ago

Pretty sure its North v West under 12's div 1

Reply #172195 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

is anyone who is not in adelaide able to listen to the feed, mine aint working

Reply #172206 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

its working!

Reply #172207 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

us 45 - them 40
4 to half time

Reply #172208 | Report this post

CLose  
Years ago

52-51 half time

Reply #172209 | Report this post

CLose  
Years ago

sixers down by 1

Reply #172210 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

up by 3...4 mins to 3/4 time

Reply #172211 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Feed working for you guys? still down for me.

Reply #172212 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

workin at 891 for me

Reply #172214 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Hodge on Triple Double watch

16-10-7 with 7m left in Q3.

Reply #172215 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

crows 76...pies 29 just in case anyone cares

Reply #172216 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Great win, Hodge another massive game and with 19 seconds left 1 rebound shy another huge triple double (31 points, 14 boards). If we manage to scrape into finals we could make some noise. COME ON!

Reply #172217 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

36ers and Cros win...awesome :D

Reply #172222 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

phil, steve and lanard got the ovation and the send of they deserved.

well done crowd for showing support to these icons of the game

Reply #172223 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

7000, well done!

Reply #172226 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

7009 ;)

Reply #172228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I gotta say, thanks to the Taipans supporters who turned up and tipped it over the 7000!

Good performance by the Sixers, they were able to hold on even when Cairns got their shit together in the last 5 minutes..

Reply #172235 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

I would trust the NBL Media Guide over austadiums, which hasn't updated its information about the dome in several years.

Reply #172238 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #172235, I believe it was a sell out last night. If that's the case people may have been turned away. The Cairns supporters may not have tipped it over 7,000 but taken seats away from the Adelaide fans. Then again, they are the chances you take by not having a season ticket. Its great to get crowds like that, but the loyalty is important as well.

Reply #172253 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Great Job by David Cooper last night, with Ballinger backing him up i thnk Jawai only scored 4 of his 11 points while Coops was on court, even had him stop to look behind him in one play where he was wide open. Amazing defensive pressure for the whole game.

Reply #172259 | Report this post

horse  
Years ago

Sutts didn't get to play in his 50th game !

Reply #172266 | Report this post

Gravity man  
Years ago

Great win ,great to see bumper crowd,keep going sixers if we win and cairns lose last 2 could sheke the league if they win games early in finals series.great standing ovation for coaches and lanard too.GO SIXES

Reply #172270 | Report this post

Grote 82  
Years ago

EC no way last night was a sell out but they would have gone close.

There were plenty of empty seats up in the Silver section as well as the usual empty seats in the Corporate areas.

Reply #172275 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Great to see such a big and enthusiastic crowd last night. Where were they all during the season when the guys needed their support?

Reply #172302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a game!! The support wasn't there when we needed it earlier in the season, but was great to see a massive turn out for lanard's last home appearace and most likely phil's as well.

Hodge was amazing as per usual!! Ballinger.. fantastic!! Lanard was stoked to score a couple of big 3's. Once he gets one, you know there is another on the way.

Would like to say thanks to copes for everything he has done for the team and congrats on a great career. I'm sure he will be missed by all, especialy since he is moving to melbourne in 3weeks... Somebody pass me a tissue!!

How good to see nate jawai live.. he wasn't at his best, but man he is huge!!!

Reply #172376 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Jawai has potential, but at the moment he is way overrated. Some people were saying that the reason for the turn out to the game on Saturday was to get one last look at him before he goes to the NBA. If that's the case, all I can say is "bad luck he disappointed". To be contained by someone half his size is not going to make him NBA material just yet.

Reply #172381 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The reason he is NBA material is because he already has size and time is on his side. I thought he did OK considering he's still in his rookie season. I thought Abney was quite average and Boodnikoff too - two seasons ago he was having break-out games!

Ballinger and Hodge were awesome for Adelaide (again!). Copeland and Cooper very useful too.

Massive crowd would've been great for Mal!

Reply #172408 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754