just me
Years ago

oz coach

with all the talk about goorjan staying or not staying head coach of the mens team i would like to ask this question is it time we look at a diferant coach from out side our league maybe an american or euro coach for example phil jackson was here if he took our mens team on since he has time on his hands doors will open ao all fronts like frendlies against other teams then nz also players will have more oppurtunites overseas because of his coaching and development, just my thuoghts what are yours!

Topic #1751 | Report this topic

FLY  
Years ago

I think that the Australian coach should be Australian.

Reply #19857 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

nah the australian coach should be a non australian because....when the aussies are playing in the olympics or some tournament they are unaware of how to play against a european team or the US.if the coach was aussie he wouldnt be able to scout how they play n what the mentallity is.if the coach was european when we come up against a european team he could adapt to the game better than say googian would cause hes used to the nbl type of play.i think i put my point accoss properly.but i will be willing to answer any questions u have to clear my point up

Reply #19860 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I dont think nationality should come into it myself.

Purely the best person for the job, regardless.

Goorjian has it for the next 4 years anyway, so let's get behind them as they prepare for 2008!

Reply #19866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754