david
Years ago

How much is Hodge paid?

Ok as we are talking teams over the salary cap like melbourne and probably south, just wondering does this put Adelaide over the cap as I read he has European offers and wants that kind of money here?? Is he payed as much as Ere 400k probably anyone know?

Topic #18068 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Does it really concern anyone that is not the Adelaide 36ers or Julius Hodge?

Also, the word you're looking for is "paid".

Reply #212265 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

How much are any of the players paid? You are never gonna get a correct answer.

Reply #212266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be paid a pro rata amount depending on how much of the season he plays.

Reply #212268 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Ok paid yea my mistake like a rough figure im interested to know how much top imports are paid to come here instead of europe

Reply #212270 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Some of the figures thrown around on other forums talk about him asking for $700K a season - so may have settled for as "little" as $300K from here on in. It's chicken feed if he settles here for a few years. The cat can play.

Reply #212273 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

He is probably being paid quite well and probably a bit more than Tyndale, but i doubt he would be the highest paid in the league as the 36ers in the past have said they cant afford to out bid teams like the Tigers for players.

I think with Hodge it came a choice between the Euro $$$ and the Adelaide/Aus lifestyle, i believe he has said he didnt like Europe and as Ninnis sort of alluded to in the article yesterday, the 36ers cant match the euro $$$, they are not trying to screw him they just cant afford it.

So id say they would have basically said to him you can come here and earn decent money and live a better lifestyle and be 'the man on the team' or go to Europe for the extra $$$, given he didnt like Europe it then becomes a choice between the D-league and NBL, and i belive the NBL pays better than the D-league, which probably would have given us a little bit of bargaining power in bringing his price down to a reasonable level we can afford.

Also heres hoping he sticks around a bit longer this time, given his age now and that he misssed out on the NBA again i think its even less likely he will crack a NBA roster in the future, so heres hoping the club looks after him well and we can keep him for a number of years.

WELCOME BACK JULIUS!!

Reply #212276 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

gather that Gold Coast asked him what his price was, and he gave them a very inflated figure because he just did not want to play for them.

Reply #212286 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

The star o'david. Whadsit gotta doo wii Jew?

My connections aren't what they were, but I heard he held out for a Ho(no d, but you knew that)ge's precident agreement, of $1. He did insist it be in $US though. Go on dob, you know you wan to to.
Hope that help$. No crawl back to your feral forum.
Ouuuugh, that's right, you don't have one. ; )

Reply #212288 | Report this post

Annoyed  
Years ago

Ddfan, your not all there right?

NBL's cap system is a right off, so it really doesnt matter if the 6ers are over the limit this season. Hopefully its policed better with the new league, because fans know when there team is being heavily cheated ala the Bullets title year!

Reply #212292 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

does he already have alotta money? so he could just take the adelaide lifestyle?

i'm sure he got roughly 2-3 mil for getting drafting in the first round, and at least 6-8 mil for his time in the NBA, and also the money he got from Europe.

also maybe around 40-50k for being on the Nets training camp roster.

and i'm sure he's sponsored somewhat as well.

Reply #212459 | Report this post

JRay  
Years ago

DDFan.....take your medication.
I am serious.

Reply #212464 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

JRay, you're on mate. You bring the beers, I'll bring 3 blister cards of meds, we'll split it & party on.
I like making friends. : )

Reply #212481 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

cos the salary cap's gonna be bigger next year (3mil?), he may be banking on getting 1 mil a season next year.

Reply #212491 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

The adelaide lifestyle.... incest oh wait churches.. oh im so confused whats good about adelaide???

Reply #212496 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Fair point annoyed.
It never ceases to surprise me how hipocritical teams, players and fans can be- they point the finger at the Bullets, but at the first available opportunity, decide to sellout and become what they dislike in others.
My mum taught me as a kid that 'if you're doing it too, you forfeit the right to complain.'
How true it is.

Reply #212504 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

The adelaide lifestyle.... incest oh wait churches...Lol thats Tasmania with the incest, and the city of Churches doesnt really suit. You want to know whats good about adelaide you gotta live here. Till then you just wont realise how shit larger cities can be to live in

Reply #212509 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

skud, don't think we really want the likes of David in Adelaide though do we?

Reply #212513 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

me, all he would've earned from his time in the NBA was a tick over 2 mill. Remember he was waived ealry in his second season.

Reply #212515 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

After living in Bris, Syd and Melb over the years, I never 'got' Adelaide til I moved here.

Reply #212516 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

It sounds to me that the good thing about Adelaide is that David doesn't live here.

Reply #212529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

60k/mo

Reply #212560 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I think Ninnis would have said something like "OK so Rome's got the colliseum, Paris has the eiffel tower, Spain's packed with hot bitches but Adelaide has the silver balls" Then Julius Goes "good point, i'm there"

Reply #212572 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous #212560:

"60k/mo"

I'm geographically challenged, so at 60k/mo, how long would it take for david to get here?

Then again, BigPond's put a lot of money into the "Great Wall" promotion, it shouldn't be too hard to keep 1 more rabbit out.

Bunnings, stay out of this.

Reply #212603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$60k/month.

Reply #212604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

50k USD a month

Reply #212607 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

If he's being paid in USD (and i imagine the majority of US imports are) then how is that accounted for under the cap (assuming anyone cares about the cap)? Is it on spot AUD when payments are made? When signed? Average over the season? Obviously potential to go over the cap if done on a spot or average basis if the exchange rate moves in the wrong way.

Reply #212615 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous #212604:

"$60k/month."

For that money, Poxtel could get another 1k sub(intelligent)scriber to build the newNBL.

Oh, I get it now.

Anonymous #212607:

"50k USD a month"

Unle$$ there'$ been a major turnaround on the exchange, you might be in for a rude $hock.

Reply #212616 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I just read on NBL website that he had a 2 year contract worth 1.6mil at the Nets, would he have got that contract paid out??? if he is earning that money, he may have been happy to settle for less than he was originally asking for from the 36ers!

Reply #212764 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Jonno, I reckon that contract was an unguaranteed one, so I don't think he would've.

Reply #212768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754