Quagmire
Years ago

Is it time to trade T-Mac?

His list of accomplishments does not read well. First round losses a plenty.

I have been a defender of T-mac in the past, i defended him putting up so many jump shots when he needs to be getting into the lane. I defended his play-off losses citing injuries to key players.

But has the time come where T-mac needs to be removed from the list of star wing players?

His shooting was never the greatest, and now that his legs are failing him, we are seeing much less production.

Maybe it would serve Houston to trade him for a PG.
(wouldn't they love to have got Billups for him!)

The only problem is that there are none around.

With Artest/Scola/Ming/Landry and Battier- the frontcourt is play-off ready.

Is it time to move T-Mac?

Topic #18122 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

We're only ten games into the season !! Give them time to see if the TMac/Ming/Artest experiment pays off. They're well placed now, and dont see a sufficient reason to trade yet.

Reply #213024 | Report this post

9999th Fan  
Years ago

give it some time mate...

Reply #213027 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

You know there is really nothing out there i can think of that would work for Houston.

Only Redd from the bucks would seem a great fit, just depends on whether the bucks bite- i think they would be fools.

Reply #213031 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

as tmac openly admits - his game and productivity is based on his athleticism - a major reason he was such a great scorer early in his career. With his knee injury and various other ailments (back, shoulder), hes had to rely on a dodgy jumpshot which has seen his production dip. If rockets can move him, then they should - as much of the tmac fan that I am, I think hes on the steep decline and still taking too many shots which is hurting the Rox. The rockets need an injection of a youngish athletic guard/forward, someone in the mould of Rudy Gay/Iguodala/Durant/Roy - but alas I doubt any of their respective teams would part with such marquee future leaders.
Side note - had the Gay/Battier trade not been made the current lineup could be:
Alston
Mcgrady
Gay
Artest
Yao

In the meantime - get well Tmac - I want to see a self-alley off the glass windmill, or 13 points in 33 seconds, or average 32.1 ppg for the season...sigh

Reply #213033 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

"Maybe it would serve Houston to trade him for a PG.
(wouldn't they love to have got Billups for him!)"

Last time i checked they had Alston, who is a great PG. Also they have up and coming player, Aaron Brooks who is the backup PG. Don't think they need a PG. The Rockets will be a playoff team, who will go deep into the playoffs believe me.

- Wait till they get a full strength lineup(Wait till Yao and T-Mac get back to full health: T-Mac i reckon is still recovering and finding his feet, and Yao missed todays game against the Mavs for some reason)

-Wait till they get Battier back. With Artest and Battier on the floor at the same time expect the Rockets defence to go skyward(no pun intended).
Battier strengthens the side like you wouldn't believe.

Plus i don't think T-Mac would like to be traded. He seems so happy at Houston. I mean, why would he leave now when the franchise just acquired Artest and have locked up Yao..That wouldn't make any sense.

Reply #213050 | Report this post

Dumb Dumb Fan  
Years ago

SKUX101
I will wait until I grow to seven foot and join the team myself. Hopefully by the time I am 40.

Reply #213055 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Rockets need to change there name to Houston Glass.. They are brittle at the moment, and I'd really like to see what they could do over 82 games with a complete squad. If think the make up is there to push into the Western Conference Finals, but I think it would take a 100% healthy Rox squad (on fire) to get over the Lakers.

I'd keep T-Mac around for this season and give them a chance. The individual talent on the roster is championship level, the bench needs a little more work, but it's a strong squad that will go deep.

What they need to do is employ the Detriot Pistons strength/rehab trainer. The Pistons are one of the mor experienced crews getting around, but they always seem to be healthy.

Reply #213074 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

I just cant understand that if mcgradys knee is so bad and he needs rest, why not rest im now? its november, everyone knows championships are not won in november. rest him up to the all star break if needed, no point playing him if hes only getting worse.

Reply #213092 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

Hey dumb dumb fan, It worked for Oden

Reply #213099 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I read Ginobilli for T-Mac rumours on espn a while ago, i think that could work. Here's a scenario: would the spurs ever trade Yao/T-Mac for Duncan/Ginobili, of course the Chinese government would go mental because San Antonio's Chinese community is probably as big as Broken Hill's.

Reply #213116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Huston should have taken the offer from Piston last summer. T-mac has lost his heart now, he is no longer the one with 13 points in 35 secs. Receently he behaves just like Steven Malbury to NY. As a fan of Huston what I can expect on him? However the problem is any team still interested in him at this moment?

Reply #219192 | Report this post

Kevin Hwang  
Years ago

I think Huston should have taken the offer from Piston last summer. T-mac has lost his heart now, he is no longer the one with 13 points in 35 secs. Receently he behaves just like Steven Malbury to NY. As a fan of Huston what I can expect on him? However the problem is any team still interested in him at this moment?

Reply #219193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754