Sparrow
Years ago

Murray Magpie

I just want to say that Murray Magpie has been awesome this year. I love that he creates havoc on court and gets into the crowd with the fans.

Topic #18550 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sure is great. That's one cool dude.
Aw yes. But, is it Isaac ?

Reply #218582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Murray is great and it is good to have a mascot again!! However, we still need better half time entertainment!!

Reply #218583 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Think there might be some coming.

Reply #218584 | Report this post

Rybags  
Years ago

Ahh Murray, what will that crazy bird do next?

Reply #218594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Far better than that replacement Murray we had for a while. Back to the good old Murray and his antics

Reply #218598 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Are you joking. We have a Mascot that walks around doing nothing. Yeh im sure its great for the kids, they love anyone thats dressed up. How about Murray gets out and does the cartwheels of old, or sets up a trampoline and mat and gets some big dunks going. Get a little athletic instead of try hard humour.

A Mascot that walks around looking stupid acheives nothing.

Reply #218601 | Report this post

Sparrow  
Years ago

I heard it is the same Murray from about 10 years back, but he's getting in a bit of trouble with his on court antics - particularly the popcorn!

Reply #218602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Needs to get into the game more like the Dragons' mascot, Lil D.

Lil D gets some Defence chants going, steps onto the court a bit when the ball is down the other end, and is actually part of the game - whereas Murray right now is just hanging around the outside.

Reply #218604 | Report this post

COOPZ  
Years ago

not a fan.

i wanna see him doing between the legs dunks off of mini tramps and stuff.

if the person in it isn't athletic enough to do those crowd pleasing things, i know someone who will.

i remember the townsville croc doing 100 one armed pushups once!!! that kept the crowd entertained, not just being a nuisance when there are games and stuff on.

Reply #218606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasn't Paul Bauer Murray Magpie many years ago the one doing the springboard shots etc? Or Michael Hunnerup? sure both of them had stints as Murray Magpie at some stage.

Reply #218613 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Close! I heard it was Bob Hunnerup, who is getting a 'bit' slower with his crook knee, so they relegated him to Santa and the 'Baker Boy' at Lightning games.
He may have passed on the tradition to his son who has now picked up a great job on the Love Boat

Reply #218615 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

I will get a magpie suit and give murray a run for his money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #218621 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Anon 218613, I seem to remember it was Shane Ahmat dressed up as Murray that time, I think it was when we had the all star game at the powerhouse?

Reply #218638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754