Double Clutch
Years ago

Funny DC cries out for help

Hi people,

Long-time since I have posted something meaningful. I have been going thru a rough patch in life however and I really need all my friend's help in this time of need. It takes a desperate man to cry out for help in a public forum like this, but I will take a deep breath, and post the following:

How do you get over a messy break-up?

I simply can not get over Julius Hodge leaving. Every time I see a basketball I see his face and I am reminder of all the good times we had together.

When he dunked on Russell Hinder, when he dunked on 3 Sydney Kings players, the time he air-balled a 8 foot jump-shot. What great times.

Sure Grizzard is fine, but he isn't the same. He's a nice guy and all, but Hodge was fun. Sure he didn't show up to training and lied to me about it, he told me he was working hard when he was with other basketball fans, but for the times when we were together, he made me feel good, he made me feel the way a basketball fan should feel.

All I am left with is memories.

Topic #18724 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

:-) Good see you you post again in this difficult time DC.

Reply #221479 | Report this post

WOT THE  
Years ago

(Mod: Unnecessary.)

Reply #221480 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How's that #0 Hodge singlet going, DC?

Reply #221482 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

You need to do what a lot of men do after a messy break up.

Turn to the internet!

Get on google, find a pic of your scorned love and have a hate wank.

Gigigity.

Reply #221483 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol, DC, you are not the only one..

Reply #221484 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

I always found the best way to get over a chick was get on another one. Maybe you need some Grizz love to get you through. Apparently Eddy Curry's got some tips.

Reply #221485 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

When i have had feelings like this DC you know the cure is simply just to get back out there and look at other basketballers, not just the imports, get out there and really let yourself get to know everyone out there.

There are as they say plenty of other basketballers in the stadium.

Once you get to know Grizz who knows you may even grow to love him.

I am sure you and Julius will always have a special place in each others heart but somethings are just not meant to be. Everything happens for a reason they say.

Reply #221486 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Ride the Red Train,

hop aboard Luuuuuuke or Balls and hang on for a finals run.

Reply #221487 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I thought that read "hop aboard Luuuuuukes balls" for a minute there

Reply #221488 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It takes time, man. It's just got to hurt for a while. But that's ok - it's all part of the process. You need to be cool with it.

I know making a montage of Julius' finest moments set to Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" and a box of kleenex helped me deal with some of the hurt. I'd sit and watch hours and hours of Sixers training footage and weights routines.

Of course, Julius was never at them, but it felt strangely comforting...

Eventually, you'll be ready to love again. You need to put yourself out there, get totally hammered at a home game and make your way down to the player's race. Time to get back on that horse.

Reply #221490 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

hate wank - hahaha

Reply #221491 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

DC.. remember he never cared about you.. all he ever cared about was himself and what he could get. As soon as he didn't get what he wanted, he ripped out your heart, threw it on the ground and stamped on it with his skinny little legs.

Breaking up is hard.. but it will get easier as each dawn rises. It may not seem like it at the moment.. but it WILL get better.

ShaneD

Reply #221492 | Report this post

little boy  
Years ago

I hate hodge, his face his on my dart board at home

Reply #221493 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

It's your own fault, DC. Hodge said to leave the money on the dressing table, but you left it on the bedside drawers. How can any relationship survive that?

Reply #221494 | Report this post

Vito Spatafore  
Years ago

Hodge airballed an 8-foot jumpshot only once?

Reply #221495 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Quagmire, easily the greatest forum post....ever!!!

Reply #221496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mantis and Loco - funny stuff.

Also liked how Olaf's posted once in the last two months, but still drops in the Curry joke so you know they've still been keeping track of hoops news.

Reply #221497 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Stalk him, thats what any mentally unbalanced individual would do in your position

Reply #221498 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

I keep track of the news but only comment on the important issues. If that guy from Mackay in the gimp mask with the dildo was a hoops player i would have commented on it too.

Reply #221499 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Eddie Groves finally snap?

Reply #221501 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

Nope not Eddie just some other random lunatic.
http://linky.com.au/yx0qk

Reply #221503 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

For anyone who missed it, I thought I'd repost for the everyone

"I could honestly say I would sincerely give my life to protect Hodge's. I would jump in front and try to stop the murderer and if not, at least give him a chance to run away. If I had to pick between myself with family and friends to escape with me on an escape pod, or Hodge, I would easily pick Hodge. If Hodge was gonna step on a puddle, I would jump on the puddle and feel blessed that Hodge put the sole of his feet on my unworthy back.

People might just think im just bs-ing and kidding, but I swear to Hodge I am not kidding. Hodge to me is more than a father figure, more than a love interest, even more than a God. He represents the meaning of my life and all that I live for. Without Hodge I doubt I would have the will to live. Hodge has given me too much in life, he has given me more than I could ever ask, him just existing is more than I could ever ask for in life. I sincerely love Hodge so much it's not even comprehendable.

Posted by Humpa last year "

Reply #221505 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I want to regurgitate my lunch!
So what name does 'Humpa' (Hodge Humpa?) go by now?
DC- it's simple-
love the game, NOT the player.

Reply #221541 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

DC, the question is "Are you fond of Hodge, or the singlet he's wearing".

A little stitching magic and a Hodge 0 shirt becomes a Grizzard 0 shirt.

You could always grab a pack of Nicobate patches and stick Jule's photo on it.

That way you can ween yourself off him through the day and sleep sound at night. Take the 3 step challenge today!

Reply #221553 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

DC, the question is "Are you fond of Hodge, or the singlet he's wearing".

A little stitching magic and a Hodge 0 shirt becomes a Grizzard 0 shirt.

You could always grab a pack of Nicobate patches and stick Jule's photo on it.

That way you can ween yourself off him through the day and sleep sound at night. Take the 3 step challenge today!

Reply #221554 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Thanks for all the support. It's so humbling having such good friends during hard times.

And yes Isaac, "J" has left some of his clothes with me. It depresses me to see his shirts lying around but at the same time I can't bring myself to throw them out yet.

Call me sadistic, but I made sure I left something of mine with him to make it harder on him too. I left him a whole heap of my money. That should make him depressed.

I want to give Grizzard a chance, a real chance, as he seems like a nice player. But it's too soon to allow a basketball fan to get attached to a new import so soon after a passionate breakup. Really, I just need to rebound with a Jo Jo English type for a couple of games.

If you see me at the games, please offer me all the support you can.

Reply #221567 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Do you guys have jobs?

If you do, do you do any work?

Reply #221571 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

This is my new favourite thread.

Reply #221574 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

DC...just remember,

it's not you, it's him.

or, if you read some of the posters here...

it's not him, it's you.

or, if you read some of the other posters here...

it's not you..or him...infact... it's, the bank, his agent, Mal, DDfan, me, Isaac, the Tigers, etc etc etc.

Reply #221575 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I'd suggest taking revenge, but it seems he's impervious to bullets ...

Reply #221579 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

Humpa said he wasnt b-sing that he couldnt live with out Hodge...unfortuanetly its not true and 1 in every 20 threads is a Bogut bust one.

*GROAN*

My advice DC, let yourself be free for a while. Come to the realisation that a basket can be scored for 1, 2 or even on occasion 3 points. Notice now the strange body movements players are making from long distances and that weirdly the ball then falls through that metal thing, the umpire throws his arms up and the team now has 3 points. See the beauty of that old guy out there shake an bake off the ball, get free and then hit leaners, fade aways, long bombs, off balance shots and countless free throws.

Go to the game, and the game will come to you

*folds legs and arms in Budha postition*

Reply #221581 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

look. he's just not that into you.

Reply #221582 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Look whatever you do ,dont start going out with all his sisters ,cousins and nieces(I think thats all he was paying for ).It wont be the same ,you know.
Hey can I have his Facebook sight you did ?

Reply #221583 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

That is ridiculously funny Melvin!

Reply #221584 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Yeah DC - I feel your pain baby.

Just remember all the bad habits he had when you were together eg. turning up late for trainings, lying behind your back by telling you he was working out straight after training at some mystery gym on West Tce but secretly trying to scheme a way to end it then standing you up on the most important game of the year so far.

He was only in the relationship for the convenience just waiting for something better to come around. Well stuff him because you too good for him.

If you want revenge I suggest an effigy burning of the jersey on youtube then posting a link to it on this site. I believe it would be a good way to express your feelings towards him and this will help you put some closure to the breakup.

Other tips on how to deal with the breakup can be found on the below site.

http://linky.com.au/yq7m2

Reply #221585 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Tune into John Rillie and DJ Rod's podcast The OT, pay particular attention to a little segment from a local radio station up in Townsville that they have played on The OT a few times.
Rossell Ellis - The Love Doctor

Reply #221591 | Report this post

lebronfan  
Years ago

GRIZZARD IS A BETTER DUNKER THEN HODGE

Reply #221610 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you see me at the games, please offer me all the support you can.
For those wondering, DC will be the one crying in the corner near the merch shop with his posse. Bumped into him for the first time in a while after the last game, soon after trying to SMS him to yell at Ninnis "put Kersten on!"

Reply #221618 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, Were you texting DC several minutes later asking for the coaching staff to take him off?

Reply #221620 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DC how could your affair last so long. I thought you would have seen right through him when he used every excuse under the sun to not mow the lawns even though he continually told you he works so hard, he continually milked money out of your account and when confronted tried to make you feel guilty by saying he had to feed his poor starving extended family. What about the number of times he made you feel inferior by continually telling you how superior he was. It should make you feel better when I say to you that you are much better off without him. In time you will become richer in wealth, health and self esteem. Here's to a wonderful journey of life without Hodge.

Reply #221625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

After the first TO, I was biting my nails thinking "whatever you do, don't lose it again." Really felt for him then.

Happy that those three got a run though.

Reply #221628 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Corey: Yes.

And clearly no.

But paying off my mortgage has never been funnier.

Reply #221633 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I play Bob Dylan.

Your gonna have to leave me now, I know.
But I see you in the sky above.
In the tall grass, and the faces of the ones I love.
Your gonna make me lonesome when you go.

I'm going outta my mind, with a pain that stop and starts. Like a cork screw to my heart. Ever since we've been apart.

etc....

Reply #221639 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, it was unfortunately like watching a car crash.

DC, while we are on good break up songs, try:

"Song for the Dumped" by Ben Folds Five
"Gone" by Ben Folds
"I hope I never" by SplitEnz

Reply #221651 | Report this post

Stats Machine  
Years ago

Camel 31...is Blood On The Tracks the best breakup album ever or what?

Reply #221652 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Corey

Yes I do!

And I do some work

Reply #221654 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Dylan ' Blood on the tracks '.. without doubt.. the best.... break up words, ever..
EG...
I can't feel you anymore. I can't even touch the books youve read. Everytime you crawl past my door, I'm wishing I could be somewhere else instead.

and all the others....

Reply #221656 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Alice Cooper's "Poison".

*tear*

Reply #221660 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

I'm sure I heard Julius humming those words by Kylie Mole - "I'll love him, till someone better comes along"

Reply #221668 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Speaking of breakup songs. ABBA - the winner takes it all...

Reply #221691 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Has any other thread in the history of this site been awarded so many "little balls"?

Reply #221693 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Doubt it!

Reply #221696 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

I find all these posts very comforting as I get set to try to get myself to watch the sixers without Brett.
As you sit in your chair DC I bet you cant visualize a
Hodge in your face jump shot or a missed slam dunk in warm up that I can of Brett or those legs with those great white socks . Now feel for me and many others with life after Brett and for Dana when she has to see Scotty sitting in that other blokes chair or when during the game there is no-one with their arms and legs folded in that chair. There is always another skinny athletic dark skinned ego driven american on the horizon

Reply #221710 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I can't believe "hate wank" didn't get a ball.

Reply #221727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754