A
Years ago

Schenscher: No NBL, aiming for Europe

10 sport just reported that Schenscher will not be back with the 36ers for up coming season, wants Euro gig.

Topic #20086 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Good on him for making the decision known now rather than keeping clubs waiting longer, or signing with an out clause, only to depart later.

Reply #238367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to the man.

My Mrs will be sad to see him go. She loves listening to Chamillionaire "Ridin Dirty" while fantasing about Luke.

Reply #238368 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac.

Reply #238369 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Damn shame but agreed that it's good to see players upfront and not dicking anybody around.

Reply #238371 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Massively upset about this. Hopefully he gets a good gig makes enough money to want to come back soonish!

Reply #238373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

channel 10 also said 36ers are focusing on Ballinger now.

Reply #238378 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

fair enough too guys
you only get a certain time period to make $ in hoops
not like you can keep in your workplace until you are 60 like most of us

Good luck Big Red
I bloody hopewe get balls now...

Reply #238386 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

should really always go ballinger first. He is more likely to stay as we can see here. Sign balls then look at ng for the 2 spot import 2/3 bruce the point with a vet backup and see what is out there for the centre.

Reply #238387 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If he wants a gig playing 2nd division social ball in London I'm sure we can find room for him in The Wombats. We won't be able to pay him anything but we can probably do a whip round to get him a singlet and shorts.

Isaac, feel free to pass on my details to Luke should he wish to take up this Euro ball offer.

Reply #238390 | Report this post

MJDS  
Years ago

Doesnt bruce plan on playing like 2 more season max? I wouldnt bother pursuing him.

Reply #238398 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

MJDS what was that about Bruce? when did he say that? seems if that was his plan why come back to Aus at all.

Reply #238409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce's plans are to play in the Olympics! That's why he came back. Then he's out i've heard!

Reply #238417 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Very bad news about Schenscher! Good luck to him, he made a smart move. We are in big trouble if we can't get another big. This probably means Cooper will stay also damnit!!

I think Bruce should re-think his Olympic goal! :P

Reply #238442 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Best of luck and thanks for being the best center the Sixers have had.

Reply #238447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

ah ahem. Mark Bradtke?

Shame Luke is leaving, he really developed into a good player as the season went on. I think if the right Euro deal doesnt eventuate he is a very good chance to end up with the Breakers.

Reply #238456 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I've removed the portion of my brain that recalled Mark's apparent tenure here. It's bad enough I had to type his name.

Reply #238485 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

NBL never ever ever ever looked after him, what a talent and they allowed him to be man handled every game, the referees were shocking with him they had no clue. Good on Luke and he deserves more money and a real chance of improving, here that is not allowed although without Brian Goorjian influencing how he wants things done it may have been better this year.

Reply #238515 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

LOL Loco - although some may think that I too have removed that portion of my brain - I actually think that Bradtke may not have been as good as Luke while he was at the Sixers. My memories of him were of a goliath amongst boys, but rather uncoordinated and no post moves or shot to speak of!

But to be fair, Bradtke came to the Sixers when the league was only semi-professional, and Luke had 4 years of college coaching plus one year in the NBA. So I'd say Luke got a lot better basketball education than Bradtke!

Anyone think Bill Jones was better than Luke? I didn't see enough of him, but I'm guessing it would be a resounding no!

Reply #238562 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Goodbye Luke, hope to see you back one day.

Is Ng a possibility of playing again, if so, I will not be attending any games this year..... he is a defensive liability and I already have very little hair left to pull out. He just gets man handled.

Reply #238564 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

billo not sure if I'm too happy with that to be honest.. I plan on playing some time at centre (as well as forward and guard) and I think he might cramp my style and talent a bit.

As a fill-in, maybe. But big Luke, stay outta my lane

Reply #238597 | Report this post

NBL in guam  
Years ago

Is majok likely to take a $100,000 a year gig in australia where he'll get good minutes?

Reply #238602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Goodbye Luke, hope to see you back one day.

Is Ng a possibility of playing again, if so, I will not be attending any games this year..... he is a defensive liability and I already have very little hair left to pull out. He just gets man handled".

PFFFFFFFFFFT... Your loss! As if the Ninja isn't a good fit. He'll do great.

Reply #238619 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good luck Luke if you do head to Europe.

I believe the most disappointing thing about Luke's time at the Sixers were the pathetic non calls in the key when he was slapped around by the (shorter) opponents. There was not one game last season where Luke was guarded legally. I thought I was at Schutzenfest each game.

As one ref commented "if I called all the fouls, the game would have gone for 4 hours" Note to ref: If the foul is there, call it!

Reply #238628 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Anon, I notice you didn't provide any debate to discredit my comment, is that because you know I am right?

I agree he is a fantastic spot up shooter but physically he is a light weight and as a result is a defensive liability.

Reply #238633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No ESP, that is because you are being a Goose! If you make silly statements such as "I won't be attending any games" if such and such is playing, then you are being a "L" (that is me putting my index finger AND my thumb, together, on my forehead, in YOUR direction!) Lighweight Schmightweight! Don't come to the games! I'll be there, along with many others clapping and cheering, everytime the Ninja sinks his sweet 3 pointers!

Reply #238642 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Once again, you don't provide an argument, so i assume you agree.

Lets just say that I have already wasted too many dollars paying to see Darren get schooled by stronger players.

Reply #238646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a life ESP!

Reply #238726 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

it's settled then, you agree.

Reply #238760 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

From what I hear ESP, It looks like we wont see you this year.

Reply #238762 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

I know, very disappointing.

Reply #238937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754