The Punisher
Years ago

Sturt ABL womens

How are the Sturt women going to manage with having 3 restricted players??? Bowley, Marino, Summerton????

Topic #2166 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

How many MPG did Monique average?

Reply #24486 | Report this post

rotating them - only 2 will play each week

Reply #24497 | Report this post

centrals only with 25 against South - who will probably just finish outside top 5.

Centrals women will find out how the citizens of Leningrad felt during world war 2

under seige for a year

Reply #24499 | Report this post

The Punisher  
Years ago

A little off topic undercover???? But why Centrals women field a team is beyond me.

Rotating 2 each week? What about finals? & does anyone know how many mpg Bowley had for the season?

Reply #24737 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Looking at Box Scores on WNBL site, it seems that M Bowley played just over 360 minutes for the season. She had one DNP which I think counts & also played in the one final which I also think counts to her average. So in her 22 games, this works out at 17.2 mpg, which is above the minimum for a restricted player.

Reply #24797 | Report this post

clone  
Years ago

This restricted player saga with sturt is ridiculous.

Bowley should hardly be restricted, firstly, she has been playing in seniors for years, and second, shes not that great.

I could understand the dilemma if there were imports to consider, but there aren't.

Laura and Monique have both been with the club since under 10's - and Angela since under 12's.

In any case, it seems unfair to punish a club for what was its own doing: the junior program has produced these players and now they can't represent their club at highest level. It doesnt add up.

Reply #24865 | Report this post

Pioneer  
Years ago

Monz is about 20-30 games short (senior games for Sturt) to get off the restricted players list

Reply #24895 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754