Shotclock
Years ago

Resignation of Heidi the Referee Admin Officer

The sad farewell, in February, to someone who has competently structured and organised the Refs and instituted some well thought out changes.This is from Paul Arnott:
"Resignation - Heidi Verheyen
I would like to advise that Basketball SA's Referee Administration Officer, Heidi
Verheyen, has tendered her resignation. Heidi is pursuing interests in Real Estate
and will commence in a position in this field in February.
In her time at Basketball SA, Heidi has been a part of significant improvements to
the referee rostering process for the district competition. In conjunction with our
referee commissioners, she has overseen the central rostering of Central ABL,
Senior Division 1, 2 and 3 and Friday night junior competitions, and more recently
has also rostered referees for the division 4 and 5 senior competitions.
In addition to her rostering work, Heidi has managed the referee registration
system, which included maintaining a FIBA Organizer database and overseeing the
registrations of all district referees. She has also coordinated the green shirt
program and the sale and distribution of referee shirts and whistles.
Over the last three years, Heidi has had contact with hundreds of referees and has
provided support and guidance with respect to their development, education and
availability. Her passion for all things refereeing will be sorely missed, and on
behalf of Basketball SA, I wish her well in her future endeavours.
Paul Arnott
Competitions Manager"

Topic #21915 | Report this topic

maude  
Years ago

Thanks Heidi for all the hard work and help over the years I have been refereeing. You will be greatly missed!!

Reply #262605 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754