joker
Years ago

time to piss off ninnis and tez

what big excuse will ninnis come up with now lets look at what has happened tonight ballinger after half time no shots tez had 13 shots and landed 2 ng who did not miss any sat on the bench to cool his backside what was ninnis thinking he reminds me of the coach in the movie WATER BOY who crawls back into his shell everytime he gets scared .for gods sake get rid of him now and save face because this team is going to became the jack asses of the nbl at this rate fuxking sick of paying good money every game to watch a bunch of LOSERS

Topic #22092 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shutup Joker you sound like a LOSER!!!

Reply #264515 | Report this post

true fan  
Years ago

Joker - you obviously have no idea about basketball! Crawl back into the hole you came from and stick to facebook!

Reply #264523 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

UP YOURS MY MONEY PAYS FOR HALF THESE LOSERS ATLEAST I PAY TO WATCH EVERY GAME AND SPEND MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO FOLLOWER THE TEAM AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO MY OPINION AND WILL DO SO .I AM NOT GOING TO SIT BACK AND KEEP FOOLING MY SELF BY SAY BAD LUCK GUYS GOOD GAME WHEN WE ALL KNOW THAT IS JUST HORSE SHIT .WHEN I PLAYED AND COACHED SPORT AFTER EVERY GAME WE WERE TRUE WITH OUR SELFS AND ADMITTED WHEN WE WERE BAD AND WHEN WE WERE GOOD WE DID NOT LIVE IN LALA LAND SO TO ALL THOSE WHO DONT WANT TO FACE THE FACTS KEEP LIVING IN LALA LAND .THE TEAM NEEDS A COACH WHO KNOWS HOW TO REACT TO PLAYS AND NOT ONE WHO SITS IN HOPE.

Reply #264531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with both arguments...

We do need a coach that is able to react, but at the same time ninnis is still learning. with more time he can be the next championship winning coach with the adelaide 36ers...

As for tez whilst he may not have been doing alot of scoring but from what i saw the last 2 games, he has proven that he doesn't fit the style of play of the team, which is unsuitable of his playing style. If you were at the last home game he played well both defensively and offensively.

Reply #264534 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"MY MONEY PAYS FOR HALF THESE LOSERS"

Joker,
WTF? Who are you? Are you Mark Lewis?

Reply #264535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute gold joker. Not an ounce of news worthiness, intelligent analysis or information of value but in terms of comedy, doesn't get any better son!

Reply #264537 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

Reply #264543 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Statman you were right again.

(my apologies sixers fans for being criptic)

Reply #264544 | Report this post

G  
Years ago

A true supporter will support their team whether they win or lose. Yes we get upset when they lose and play like girls, but, they are still our team. A coach can only do so much. The players are the ones on the court. They have to want the win. Sometimes our Crocs play really bad and we want to go off at them but in the end we have to believe in them.

Reply #264548 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Indeed Blazefan - :)

Ninnis just does not seem to have this team all following HIS game plan. not to say its not the right game plan, but unless everyone is on the same page its never going to work and at the moment the 6ers dont seem to be playing as a TEAM!

Blazefan, email me [email protected]

:)

Reply #264552 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Im drunk but Ive been saying it for weeks, Ninnis doesnt have it to coach a team. Sad cause hes a great person but noone pays $300+ a year to watch a coach learn, the pay to watch a team win. Move onto someone else and we will.

Reply #264554 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

FFS tez won us our last game at home, give me a break.. He hasnt been scoring because ninnis told him not too, tez has actually had a pretty good season

Reply #264583 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Joker use your money to buy some punctuation

Reply #264588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XztatiK, how is the weather today mate???

Reply #264592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe for MVP, Groves has had a pretty good season? Only a Kobe fan could say something as ridiculous as that.

Have you seen his season stats?

Reply #264602 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joker, cool down. No need for all caps, no need to react like that to a joke about punctuation, and it's not "time to piss off ninnis and tez" - leave it until the off-season.

And don't pretend you're the only one calling for changes because you're unhappy with a result. Everyone's been doing that all season.

Reply #264607 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

thats right isaac lets all hide our heads in the sand and let 1 more season go bye .why not take a leaf out of the other good teams and replace non performers . l make no appology to anyone who feels that you shut the gate after the horse has bolted

Reply #264611 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

Nice guys don't necessarily know how to coach. I am sure Scott is a nice person, but we can't afford to go through another year training a maybe coach. I would not have a particular problem with him as assistant, but please, not as the main coach.
Scott needs to watch the Perth coach as how to act during a game.
His reactions during a game are laughable and show great immaturity.

Reply #264614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bunch of losers? From what I just seen our guys played their guts out. Are you even a fan? You sound like someone very new to basketball! Your "Joker" alias says it all anyway, I'm glad people don't take your comments seriously.

Top effort Sixer's.

Captain Ballinger was "ONNNNN FIIIRRREEE" and, as was said tonight, he should definately be a Boomer.

I was at the edge of my seat every second of that game. Bad Luck you guys. Top effort.

Reply #264667 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Was a very entertaining game to watch.

Ninnis' tech was costly as we had the momentum at the time.

Groves missing his 2 free throws was also costly, but then Wortho missed his 2 as well.

Balls was also unlikey not to get foul shots when anstey ran into him with 8 seconds to go.

Reply #264673 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

If this was facebook i would definately 'like' this topic.

Reply #264695 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Kobe MVP saying Groves had a good season surely must have got to caught up in watching NBA too much and forgot what you seen of Groves . He has been horrible all season and rates amongst the worst of many import failures.
Yes joker I think most of us agree that Ninnis has had his chance and not up to it and we should be looking now for next season coach.
It has been frustrating but least wewere in it and had a shot and must move on

Reply #264708 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, in favour of some of what joker has said, I would not imagine him meaning for Ninnis and Tez to piss off right now as it is too late in the season to make anything good out of it. The way I read his post is that now is the time to make the argument rather than have these 2 marching off. Despite the abruptness of his posts and grammar that would see him back in grade 2, his comments are not all that different to how a true fan feels. I reject any comments about fans not being true fans if they lash out at the team's performance and where they have reached at this stage of the season. A true fan is passionate and feels let down at the progress that's been made.

true fan,

Joker - you obviously have no idea about basketball!

I would like to know what you understand about basketball to be so accepting of the team as it stands right now. Can I remind you 6th on the ladder of 8 teams.

Reply #264717 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Grovfes has done some things well this year and had some very good games - he may well have been a good fit for a team filled with Boomers/Tall Blacks.

But Adelaide dont have that luxury, they need their two imports to be scorers, particualrly down the stretch, and to be able to create for other players. Neither has been able to do that consistently, and Cortez has been particularly inconsistent.

He was always going to have a slow start after the injury he was coming off, but he hasnt really improved for varioous reasons (his own poor decision making and shooting, and a structure that doesnt really suit him).

I dont think there is a big need to restructure the Aussie side of the roster. Two good imports with a high basketball IQ with the rest of the lineup (except maybe Cooper) could make this a good team.

Brad Hill has just turned 23 and has missed two full seasons of basketball. He is going to be a good player in time.

Reply #264718 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would add that Cortez has been in Australia a long time, perhaps it is time to get citizenship, he would certainly be handy as a non-import.

Reply #264720 | Report this post

ok  
Years ago

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #264741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have many leather bound books.

Reply #264759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To have tez as a non - import might take a bit of the pressure off of him and he may feel more comfortable

Reply #264761 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

it is frustrating to watch groves play. unlike many imports we have seen this year he does have alot of talent and looks good driving to the basket but he seems to have fallen in love with that fade away jumper that he never makes.

Reply #264774 | Report this post

enjoythegame  
Years ago

joker you must be the best nbl coach around, what was the last team you coached? did they win any games? maybe if you know so much you should go down to the dome and give ninnis some pointers and help out with some new plays. Or maybe you dident coach but you where a nbl all star and you know what your talking about, then you could go down and show the player what they are doing wrong.MMM come to think did you call for the saking of p hill too, so who do you think should coach?

Reply #264776 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I think Ninnis just needs to restructure the team; and its objectives more. The pieces are there for a winning team; god knows if the team had the consistency they have for the most part of each game, the Sixers would be in the Top 2 at present. There's only been two real stinkers and both came from trouncings by Perth.

I just want to know what happened to "Coach of the Month" Scott Ninnis from the start of the season?

Reply #264782 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, see Joker's response. He clearly means to cut them now. On Groves, it's too late now. On Ninnis, little point doing it before the season is done.

The topic was quite clearly written "time to piss off..."

Reply #264783 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:13 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754