Michael
Years ago

Please Fox...No More...

Could FoxSports basketball coverage please stop having AFL players as special guests at half time.

For the past 2 games they have had an AFL interview at half time promoting the upcoming AFL season and how they are so excited about the upcoming year. That is so demeaning and disrespectful to the NBL.

It is something the AFL would never allow in their coverage. To cross promote with another sport.

I have nothing against the AFL but seeing as though the production is now done by the same guys that do the AFL on Fox it is a bit of a love fest.

Topic #22098 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

As long as they cross promote the NBL at the end of this AFL season I wont mind!

Reply #264723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

apparently glenn jakovich used to watch shane ellies- wtf??? glenn it is clearly MIKE ELLIS YOU IDIOT!!

Reply #264725 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

didn't see it but agree, it's stupid to cross promote the other game. is there not enough ballers opting for AFL instead?

Reply #264727 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

To anon, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mike Ellis has 2 brothers that also played NBL..
So he may not have been talking about Mike.
Might be wrong, but yerr..

-DJ

Reply #264728 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I would have thought FOX has already shown they dont give a shit about the NBL.
Need 10 to take the coverage only channel that goes all out to promote sports. Brought V8supercars mainstream after 7 had done nothing for years, Netball last year. They actually give a shit!

Reply #264729 | Report this post

Detlef  
Years ago

Yeh, who makes these decisions, then more importantly who arees with these stupid decisions?

Reply #264730 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

at least we have it on tv,

fox could quite easily and with out much thought dump it ,

now that would be far worse then commentator who are new to the game,

i know what id prefer, some coverage vs none and a dead league

Reply #264732 | Report this post

basketnotcricket  
Years ago

i quitting fox subscription. first, i hate renting their Foxtel idiot IQ for lifetime coz they wont let me buy it!

2nd, One HD can offer more sensible sports channel mostly NBA...FOR FREE!

and they wont listen because they're too centered to land's main sports. for the past 3 years, during NBA play-offs, they instead shown major league baseball rather than the play offs!

Reply #264745 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Your complaining? What about over here in NZ..We have to listen to rambling Maoris try to act like they know the game of Basketball. I am Maori myself, but still cannot understand them!

Reply #264751 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

DJ; Mike Ellis did indeed have two younger brothers who both had relatively minor careers suiting up for the Wildcats. Their names were Glenn and Brett. It is doubtful that he was referring to either of them.

Reply #264752 | Report this post

basketnotcricket  
Years ago

MACDUB,

how did you find this basketball site assuming you still didnt understand the game they are promoting here?

Reply #264756 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

I have no idea who they were, but the commentators on the RivusTV feed last night for the 36ers V Tigers were pretty good.

Reply #264760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

might i add that according to fox they are not adverts they are sponsor acknowledgements.

and as such they are therefore allowed to acknowledge any sponsors they please

Reply #264762 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

When basketball was big Eddy Maguire used to call the games - anyone remember? They are trying to get a huge market (afl) to follow basketball. Smart idea!

Reply #264775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Orbit on the ball for once. It brings more exposure to the NBL and people are complaining? Who cares if they have some meathead AFL player on as a guest at half-time they've got to fill that time somehow.

Reply #264777 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

One thing I would say about the AFL guests is it adds cred to the average punter to here an aussie rules legend like Glen Jakovich talking about the game and saying how much he likes it.

It is important that pro basketball in Aus shakes the status of being the adopted-out little brother that no one ever talks about.

Reply #264781 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I can guarantee Maori TV wasn't the reason for finding this site basketnotcricket. I turn the volume off on the TV when I am forced to rely on Maori TV coverage of the NBL. NZ basketball coverage wasn't much better pre Maori TV though, TV3's commentators were pretty ratshit aswell back in the day.

Reply #264784 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754