JUST ME
Years ago

REFS ??????

I would like to no what the brains trust(sic) thats controls the refs here are doing about the ref shortage we are suffering with, most clubs are quick to notify any new programs that they run but you never hear anything but excuses from the ref. i know another brains trust who have ideas to fix this problem so watch this space!

Topic #2226 | Report this topic

!?  
Years ago

I know of at least two div 2 men's games last season that were cancelled because no refs turned up... also isn't it interesting that the players who have to play games with only one ref still get charged the full 8 bucks to play!

Reply #25081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be because the money doesn't go to the refs.

Reply #25086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And its not as if the refs get paid double to do it solo either.

Reply #25089 | Report this post

!?  
Years ago

yeah well i'm sure the money their saving from not paying the 2nd ref is not just sitting in the tills...

Reply #25091 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Just me, enlighten us.

Read 'Referees required!!!' For my proposed solution to this problem.

Reply #25111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754