mathias jade
Years ago

kings v hawks

Sorry if this has been brought up, but i havn't seen any talk about the finals after adelaide have been knocked out (Obviously that is the reason why). I didn't expect hawks to be 2 love down and on the edge of losing a premiership. I reckon they can take the next 2 and make it a best of 5 game series. If Adelaide can beat sydney, you would think the hawks can too.

I find it a worry that sydney can lose Nielson, Heal and stiff and still end up playing for the grandfinal a year later.

Sydney are playing to make history of 3 consecutive titles in NBL. Wollongong.. well.. are going for a win. You would hope hawks come out pumped saturday night and push the series on and not just give the record to kings.
Your thoughts?

Topic #2267 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

There a grand final on ???? surely your gesting

Reply #25568 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

It may be wishful thinking, the 'gong taking the series much further. Although it would be nice to see a tight GF series, as an avid Sixer fan i am actually (although a little embarrassed about it), already looking forward to next season.

Reply #25571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There has been some talk recently, but nothing in depth. I predicted the Kings to win it 3-1, so hopefully the Hawks can win the next game to provide some token competition.

I don't think that anyone expected the Hawks to capitulate to this degree -- two 20+ point losses.

I haven't been interested enough to watch the games, so I can't comment on specific players or strategies. Has anyone been watching the games?

Reply #25581 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Heard on SEN that Jason Smith is 'dissapointed' that the hawks aren't putting up a decent fight. That just shows how confident that the kings are when the captain is trying to rev up the opposite team.

Sydney in 3 unfortunately but i hope im wrong

Reply #25586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I lost interest once the Final four teams were the teams I hated the most.

Sydney - full of arrogant pricks and coached by Goorjian the most unsuccessful Boomers coach
Hawks - coached by Brendan Joyce is a complete tosser
Crocs - I would have liked to have seen them go all the way for Rose and Newley but they are coached by Stakcer he is more of a tosser than Joyce
Brisbane - Kerle need I say anymore.

My tip is Kings by 10+ (maybe even more than the last game) on Saturday night.

But at least if the Kings finally win a championship the league will get FTA tv coverage ;)

Reply #25591 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

The Kings are playing near perfect basketball at the perfect time, and I think they'd be 2-0 against anyone. However, the Hawks are certainly doing their part and are flat out sucking in almost every area.

I wouldn't expect Game 3 to be another blowout. The Hawks can't perform that badly 3 games in a row and they've had a week off to rething their strategy. There's been a lot of heat on court, the whole thing feels like it's going to explode. I'd expect a fight this time round. If the Hawks can pull a win and take it back to the Gong, it's all back on again.

I'm really looking forward to Saturdays game.

Reply #25655 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

sounds like you hate all the coaches and not necessarily the players anonymous :) but i agree with ya.

Im hoping hawks come back tonight it would be a real shame if they dont put some sort of fight up for the 3rd game

Reply #25660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754