if only...
Years ago

ABL missed marketing chance

with the junior u12 / 14 country champs last weekend - maybe some ABL clubs should have marketed / given away some free tickets to country teams.

ie how often will roxby or whyalla u12s get to see some 36ers / lightnings up close - signing balls

they were in town for the weekend and even if only 20-30 people attended - it's extra exposure and a few $ at the canteen - and I am sure the kids would love to see their heroes close up!

Topic #2318 | Report this topic

Big fundamental  
Years ago

Not having the game times in the Advertiser and the small write up in the Sunday Mail is more of a marketing blow than giving away a couple of tickets.

Reply #26144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah?

What the hell is with Boti this year?

He hasnt done ONE write up on ABA results all year!?!?

There was that one article about Newley playing... but thats it?

Its a disgrace!

Reply #26146 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Overrun by football, motor sport and whatever else I guess.

Reply #26152 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

nah just likes to talk up his eagles players only

Reply #26160 | Report this post

Deeds  
Years ago

How about Boti, the saw loser. Now please bat me down if I'm wrong as I have not seen todays paper. But did anyone see the pissy little write up the kings got for winning the championship and making it a Three Peat. Bite your tongue and give credit where it is due. Great job to the kings

To get back on topic, I think both ideas need to be addressed. A lot of junior coaches are looking to recruit from the country, why not give them a taste of the ABL league team.

Reply #26202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought that Boti's write-up today was suitably supportive and quite decently sized when up against the usual footy, etc.

Here's the article.

Here are a few select words he used to describe Sydney and its players: "historic", "devastating 112-85 win", "through the post-season without a blemish", "Goorjian... only coach to claim five championships", "remarkable", "stunning triumph", "sensational".

Any complaints with that?

Reply #26206 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

In regards to giving players from the country champs tickets...yeah good idea in principle.

However, if they were playing again on the Sunday after a full days programme on the Saturday, how many coaches would want their players out till 11pm (game finish at 10, travel time back to accomodation before hitting the sack at 11) when big games the next day?

Not ideal preparation.

Reply #26225 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Boti it would appear has taken the high road .. and given credit where he see it's due .

I personally think it wont last long and look forward to his stoushes next year with B.G!

Reply #26227 | Report this post

Deeds  
Years ago

Thankyou Isaac, I withdraw my comment. Not a bad article. Now if someone can hand me a baseball bat, I have to go beat myself up as previously stated.

Reply #26237 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

i beleive there is a fine line when trying to recruit players, i know that juniors cannot....sorry, if memory serves me correctly juniors by the BASA by-laws cannot be approached at state trials. In priciple this is a different matter. Are their any issues with cournty carnivals, or is that there purpose?

Reply #26239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if a junior is known to be attached to a metro district club and playing for their country association - they can not be approached.

but if an errant approach is made by an unknowning metro person to some country kid in their country garb that is already playing district - that is excused

it is the same when a junior may be representing their school or church

Reply #26248 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754