veteran
Years ago

thanks norwood

had a great time over easter

excellent carnival in our grade - well organized, good refs, great selection of teams

believe the carnival was bigger than ever

and the word i heard is that bulleen will bring a host of their teams next year as well - making it even bigger

also the best coffee at any stadium for a while

Topic #2455 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what grade was yours? i thought the u20 grade was the worse carnival ive ever played in.

Reply #27534 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

u16

Reply #27537 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i will agree with the under 20 grade being crap!! 2 of the top div 2 20 teams each had 1 win from 6 games for the weekend, waste of 50 bucks if ya ask me. rediculas that the div 2s had to play div 1's

Reply #27540 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Veteran, Bulleen also have an easter carnival and I doubt very much that they would be sending teams to Norwood when they need to be supporting their own association.

We were involved in the U/16 Championship grade and I was quite impressed with the organisation of the tournament, but the refs were some of the worst I've come across in Championship games, there was clearly a case of some ref's being given an opportunity to get games above their normal grade. This caused a couple of games to get out of control. However, this is not the reason for my post. I just wanted to thank the Norwood basketball association for a well organised weekend from the Keilor Basketball Association.

Reply #27560 | Report this post

VIC  
Years ago

We were entered in the 14 championship group and we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. We had a great standard of competition, it was well organised and I will be pushing for more Melb Tigers teams to be entering next year

Reply #27562 | Report this post

just me  
Years ago

just shows your true level then killa

Reply #27577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melhoops...

Bulleen usually have an easter carnival every year but this year it was cancelled at the last minute! My cousin lives over there and decided to ref for the bulleen carnival instead of coming over to ref the norwood classic which he usually does. But it all got pulled the week before - leaving refs and teams very annoyed!

Reply #27591 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Vic, Was that boys or girls?

Reply #27592 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

just me, who the hell r u. u come up with all these comments bout woodville players (myself, jims etc) if ya have a problem, say it to there faces u loser, instead of saying it on a web site.

Reply #27603 | Report this post

Johnny Tightlips  
Years ago

Take Luck

The identity of 'just me' is apparently a BIG secret. Good luck.

Reply #27608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overall good carnival, but not allowing enough time between games to prevent delays need to be looked at. Maybe another stadium needs to be utilised to accomplish this but having games consistently run behind is frustrating. If Eltham carnival with I believe 700 teams can run on time so can Norwood with 160.

Reply #27612 | Report this post

Take Luck,

Johnny is right it is a BIG secret, but if you pay attention to the clues that are left on the forum by certain users it shouldn't be that hard to figure out! Trust Me!!

Reply #27614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah but he actually has a life, unlike you, who spends so much time on the internet he can leave gay clues and have several nicknames

Reply #27630 | Report this post

Grans  
Years ago

Kendall Gill is Gay. Watch cribs. He is really gay. But its cool. Kus he's so soft as a NBAer anywho.
Pace

Reply #39889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754